Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-19, 08:56 PM  
Sharaz

FigureRobics

The purpose of this thread is to post reviews and feedback about Jung Da-yeon workouts. Below is a list of workouts/series available in YT. YT channels are n CAPS/BOLD. Jung workouts are not new in South Korea. She has been in the business for years. Most recently Jung workouts has been uploaded in YT. One of the channels appears to be her official YT channel. I did found a thread started by AsSweetAsSugar back in 2013 (Saludos Sugar)

JUNGDAYEON
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUy...2sRpjxbfPyQF7g

FigureRobics

1. Figure Dance 30:15
Excellent exercise program for creating a flexible and slim line of women through the most basic circuit-style exercise, with the proportion of muscle and aerobic exercise being the most balanced among the Figoerobics exercises.

2. Figure Dumb 31:03
Exercise program consisting of additional female weight movement, which makes the attractive body line of women more elastic with muscle-type aerobic exercise using patented pygmy-dumbbells to prevent unnecessary muscle production of women.

3. Figure Robi 33:27
It is an exercise program that allows novices to easily follow by slowly increasing their heart rate in the middle and the second half of the workout with muscle-type aerobic exercise that strengthens body fat decomposition effect

4. Figure Mat 36:18
Strong muscular aerobic exercise to sit on the floor, prone, and lie down using a mat to create even better lines through strong stimulation of abdominal, waist and lower body muscles that are difficult to do while standing.

Momchang Fitness (MCFit)

1. Beauty Muscle Fit 30:31
It is designed to develop an invisible muscle.
It is designed to use the entire body of muscles evenly,
creating feminine curves and providing powerful aerobic exercise.

2. S Line Fit 32:43
It reduces body fat throughout the body and helps create feminine body S-lines.
It's a full-body circuit program with increased exercise for the abdomen and waist.

3. Slow Fit 33:36
This exercise is slow, but it takes up a lot of calories. It is an exercise designed to be inspired by traditional East Asian muscle movements and various balance movements. It was developed with the aim of improving flexibility, balance, endurance, and athletic ability.

4. Core Fit 26:37
It consists of a combination of standing & floor patterns and can strengthen the abdomen, including the core, which is the center of the body.
It is also a program that can effectively burn body fat through stretching effect and full body muscle movement.

Body Ball
1. Abs. 35:14
2. Hip & Leg 34:13
3. Slim 32:14

Body Ball Digest
1. Abs 10:19
2. Hip & Legs 10:44
3. Slim 10:34

JOAN HSIAO
1. Manning 31:57

SHU LIAN LIE
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC07...JlH99tLFJ9xICQ

DVD 1 Includes Tutorial (Same as below links)

DVD 2 38 Stretching Moves
1. 18:17
2. 16:29
3. 36:54 Tutorial
4. 36:54 Tutorial
5. 14:40 Tutorial

MELU MELU
Apartment Set (this WU is also available at SHU but in 4 parts)
1. 38:08

PRINCESS RESCUER
Wii Workout
1. 36:30

KOREAN
DVD 1 w/o tutorial

1. Chapter 1 10:34
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLSkRXvM-gI
2. Chapter 2 10:58
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j15i4xej-pw
3. Chapter 3 11:13 Creative Floor Work / Splits
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlrAb91-Oos

YEN TEA
1. FigureRobics Digest 31:06
Old 06-17-19, 09:02 PM  
Sharaz

I am curious about Jung workouts. The FigureRobics (FR) style is not “common” but I do think Jung technique may be effective. I do not see crazy moves. There is tons of unweighted squats and lunges at a controlled pace. I think this will work well with a booty band for high rep glutes burn out. She also does constant side twisting movements which are good for the waist. Weights can be added to up the intensity if necessary. I plan to start incorporating FR workouts in my current rotation 2 times a week (W3 - W6) I work my heart hard during my Full Body circuits, so lower intensity in terms of cardio fits better than Kitty at this moment.

I will post my feedback here. If you are doing or have done FigureRobics let us know your thoughts.
Old 06-18-19, 07:25 AM  
JessicaW

I have been doing Figure Robics on and off for awhile. I love the large crowd of participants, the colorful outfits and most of all the simplicity of the workouts. Reminds me a bit of Slim in 6 or Slim Series as she repeats movements for awhile before moving on and there's a simplicity to the movements. So she's very easy to follow. It's not intimidating and the program is pretty to look at while working out.
JessicaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-19, 10:30 AM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaW View Post
I have been doing Figure Robics on and off for awhile. I love the large crowd of participants, the colorful outfits and most of all the simplicity of the workouts. Reminds me a bit of Slim in 6 or Slim Series as she repeats movements for awhile before moving on and there's a simplicity to the movements. So she's very easy to follow. It's not intimidating and the program is pretty to look at while working out.
Thanks!! I like the outfits too. The set is appealing, pretty to look at as you say. The music beat is the one I like for working out.

Which one is your favorite?
Old 06-19-19, 04:58 AM  
JessicaW

For toning, I like Figure Mat 12 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGMQHSkBMv0&t=706s

And for cardio, I like this one described as a 'walking' workout. It has subtitles, too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M8qWJ8zDPY

What are your favorites?
JessicaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-19, 09:08 AM  
Sharaz

I am starting today which is a non-circuit day for me. My plan Is to combine 2 workouts. Saturdays and Sundays, I plan to add one 30 mins or so WO after my Full Body circuit. The one described as walking is Figure Robi (WO #3 FigureRobics Series) I am doing this one today and then BodyBall Slim. I love the look of the Mat workout, but I feel I need to improve my core strength more which I am taking care of with my circuits Abs work.

I think Figure Dumb fits well after my Saturday WO which is weighted. Figure Dance fits well after Sundays Drill Max. DM is very cardio intensive so I am looking for low intensity cardio afterwards. Next month, I would like to incorporate the MCFit Series. These are the ones that interest me the most. There is a fair amount of balance work and interesting moves.
Old 06-19-19, 09:11 AM  
alisoncooks

I've checked these out, several times, but have never actually tried one! Something about the counting brings to mind Tae Bo (at the beginning of a set, before they go double time).
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-19, 09:23 AM  
Sharaz

I added JUNGDAYEON channel link which contains the majority of the WOs listed.

I also copied Jung's WOs descriptions. Please note that what I copied is her own interpretation of her WOs objectives.
Old 06-19-19, 09:27 AM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
I've checked these out, several times, but have never actually tried one! Something about the counting brings to mind Tae Bo (at the beginning of a set, before they go double time).
Same here! I never mind Taebo counting, but I felt annoyed about uneven reps.

I am under the impression the counting and reps on these are on point. I personally like to count reps. Keeps me focused.
Old 06-19-19, 11:51 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

this is cool. thanks for sharing this. love the professional set.

it fits in with the K-pop vibe!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
figurerobics, jung dayeon