Thanks
rcmims
rcmims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-14, 06:24 PM  
ADoll

ADoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-14, 06:28 PM  
ADoll

They are paper workouts. It is 2-3 days/week of circuit training for 30 minutes and 2-5 days/week of low intensity or HIIT cardio 35-45 minutes depending on what week you are on. There are some high impact moves. The total program is 12 weeks. I started the first two weeks of her program but got sidetracked with work and school. I plan to restart soon.

Arleen
Old 05-30-14, 09:00 PM  
traceym1

I just finished Week 1. I love them and I feel great. I like being on a schedule and learn how to balance this type of intensity with steady state walking or cardio. I hope she has another manual ready by the time i am done with the 12 weeks. This program also caused me to introduce essentrics/classical stretch back into my routine. I am a happy camper,
traceym1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-15, 12:35 PM  
violetblonde

Bumping this! I was recently at a wedding and the bride got into the best shape I've ever seen her in doing Kayla's workouts. I got the BBG guide and started last week. Love the efficiency (28-minute circuits feels like a second after doing TA livestreams or Hamelin 'matics) and the circuits are pretty fun. It's funny you say Kayla's workouts got you back into Classical Stretch, tracey-- with this intense plyo work I find I need CS recovery days too.

Anyways, I'm just getting back from vacation but got in two circuit days last week and two circuit days plus a HIIT session this week. Plan on taking body pics this weekend!

Anyone doing/have done the BBG rotation and have comments, results, etc?
violetblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-15, 03:47 PM  
SquishyMommy

I have the guides and started the first one two different times. I did a couple weeks each time. I love the workouts and they are much more intense then they look on paper. My problem is they are just too much high-impact and I develop a dread factor very quickly. I am always meaning to go back to them and just modify the high impact moves but something new always catches my interest. I am determined to actually make it through the 12 weeks sometime soon though.
Old 09-17-15, 04:32 PM  
ADoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyMommy View Post
I have the guides and started the first one two different times. I did a couple weeks each time. I love the workouts and they are much more intense then they look on paper. My problem is they are just too much high-impact and I develop a dread factor very quickly. I am always meaning to go back to them and just modify the high impact moves but something new always catches my interest. I am determined to actually make it through the 12 weeks sometime soon though.
I'm the same way. I tried two times but it's too high-impact and the sit ups would hurt my back. I have a bad back so it might be awhile before I try again. I do have both of her guides.
Old 09-17-15, 08:58 PM  
bayportsmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyMommy View Post
Ditto!! Great workouts and very challenging, but only 28 minutes and the time does fly. The pics posted on IG are pretty amazing.
Old 09-22-15, 11:03 AM  
marmur1

I got through the first two weeks of BBG before getting sidelined with a cold/ear infection that lasted for a few weeks, and haven't gotten back to it yet. But I will!

I found the workouts to be very effective in a short amount of time but did have a bit of dread factor for some of the moves. That said, if you're a fan of paper workouts, I'd totally recommend it!
Old 01-09-16, 05:56 PM  
lisarah

*reviving!

So, are Kayla's workouts like Zuzka? Or what else are they similar to? I am interested in the rotation/format but don't want to spend the $$.
TIA!

Do or do not...there is no try. ~Yoda

Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world. ~Miyamoto Musashi

Group Fitness Instructor
BS in Kinesiology
lisarah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kayla itsines, paper workouts