Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-05-12, 04:05 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

ever discover you already had a DVD before almost re-buying it?

i've heard about people buying something *again* after not knowing they had it in their collection.

well, i was thinking of getting Alan Finger/Yoga Zone's Yoga for Meditation and Flexibility and Tone. i went on amazon and sort of recognized this 4-disc set and thought "....hmmm...." so i checked my stash and Lo and Behold! i had that exact collection, including those 2 aforementioned DVDs.

it's just that i used the Conditioning and Stress Release from that set so often that i had forgotten about it. both cases have my notes about doing the 2 DVDs back in 2005. yikes!!!!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-12, 04:53 PM  
ladyveg

Yes! And with that exact same set! I love Alan Finger.

I've also bought a DVD, then put it on my wishlist on Amazon.com, then purchased it off the wishlist, then put it BACK on my wishlist AGAIN!

And I should mention that I don't have a large collection by any means. That's what makes it so funny.
ladyveg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-12, 07:38 PM  
lilmonkey2

I have done that several times. I recently added Tracie Long's TLT BBBB workout to my wish list on TotalFitnessDVDs. A couple days later I was perusing my collection and realized I already have it! D'oh! And I don't even have that man DVDs to begin with, so I don't know how I didn't realize I already had it.
lilmonkey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-12, 09:46 PM  
renee mcfar

No almost about it. I own 2 of Kari's "Curl". I freaked when I couldn't find it. I waited a week and ordered another one. I love that workout! So now I proudly own 2 of them!
renee mcfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-12, 03:53 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyveg View Post
Yes! And with that exact same set! I love Alan Finger.
HA HA!

i have a CD meditation set from Alan Finger which is pretty good too. i'm not sure if it's the same "audio" as on the meditation DVD, because by the description, it seems somewhat similar.

the only alan finger i don't have is the pregnancy one - do you have that one, and is it any good? i like that alan doesn't do tons of sun salutations.

has he only done a total of 6 videos: 4 in this set, the pregnancy one, and flexibility and stress release?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-12, 05:16 AM  
goldillocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyveg View Post
I've also bought a DVD, then put it on my wishlist on Amazon.com, then purchased it off the wishlist, then put it BACK on my wishlist AGAIN!
Thank God that Amazon shows a notification that you have already purchased an item so that you do not buy it twice
goldillocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-12, 05:59 AM  
desderata

Grrr. Just did it -- bought Ilaria's Powerstrike 5 just to realize I already have it. When it gets here, I have to return it.
desderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-12, 06:36 AM  
zippity

I've done this several times with Leslie Sansone; it's almost impossible to remember all of her workouts!
zippity is offline   Reply With Quote