Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-08-12, 03:00 AM  
rad

W*F are folks doing about wrist overuse from the TAM Metas?

I used dumbbells tonight and they actually made a difference.

Is there anything else that is effective because I'm downing "systemic enzymes" (which really do help with the pain, and fortunately you can't overdose with them) like they're tootsie rolls.
rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-12, 03:18 AM  
ramonam

I've used DH's "Perfect Pushups". It's helped not only keep my wrist straight, but the give in the angle (because the PP rotate) has made it easier on me. I don't use them for every exercise, but keep them next to me for when I want them.
ramonam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-12, 08:49 AM  
mizach
VF Supporter

rad,
I use Tiger Paws.
You can also support your abs with a high step, a stability ball or just lean over a sofa.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-12, 09:04 AM  
Missiscipi

Not sure what did it but when I tried Meta several months ago I had the wrist/forearm pain so I stopped and now im doing it again and it doesn't even bother me. I am not sure if it was kettlebells that helped or something else I have been doing over the past several months.
Missiscipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-12, 09:11 AM  
momof10

I do 2 Metas a day and have been at it for almost 21 weeks and I haven't had any wrist pain at all. I must be lucky. When I use dumbbells for plank rows, that bothers my wrists, though. I can only do so many of those. It must be the position of my wrists. Sometimes, it's hard to figure out.

Cheryl
momof10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-12, 11:54 AM  
Piper
VF Supporter

When I first started Meta, the pain in my knees and wrists was almost unbearable. So I started placing a gardening kneeling pad under my knees, and I placed my hands on one. This really helped the pain, and after a couple of weeks the pain went away.

"Tomorrow is often the busiest day of the week."
-Spanish Proverb

"You are what you repeatedly do, excellence then is not an act, but a habit." Aristotle

Current Rotation:
Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-12, 01:16 PM  
rad

Thanks everyone for your responses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramonam View Post
I've used DH's "Perfect Pushups". It's helped not only keep my wrist straight, but the give in the angle (because the PP rotate) has made it easier on me.
Thanks so much for mentioning Perfect Pushup. I had never heard of them and spent the morning reading the Amazon reviews. The original version has 600+ almost five-star reviews, and many people mentioned their wrist relief after wrist surgery, etc. My local Big 5 has both models, the Original and V2 at $29.99, a great price and no shipping, and I can return them, so I'm headed there to check them out and snag a pair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizach View Post
rad,
I use Tiger Paws.
Done!

I will wear the Tiger Paws to use the Perfect Pushup.
Old 01-08-12, 01:30 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad View Post
Done!

I will wear the Tiger Paws to use the Perfect Pushup.
You are easily enabled, lol! It took me weeks before biting on that Tiger Paws thing. It also took me days to decide what color to get. Hahaha.

I use the Tiger Paws with a set of pushup bars. When I do 2 MS work back-to-back, I wear the Tiger Paws.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-12, 01:52 PM  
rad

Quote:
You are easily enabled, lol!
It takes one to know one. Lol.

Actually I’m so relieved there are solutions to this issue -- not one but two! Definitely trying to focus on the solutions instead of the problems going forward.

Quote:
It also took me days to decide what color to get. Hahaha.
I have to admit I was intrigued by the assortment of colors, a major weakness of mine, not to mention the animal prints and metallics. But then I remembered that I would be leaving home with them to use at the yoga studio and went with basic black. I’m looking forward to getting a lot of use from these Paws. They are more mobile than the Perfect Pushup.
Old 01-08-12, 01:58 PM  
SharonH
VF Supporter

I use a cheap, Gaiam yoga wedge that came in a kit.
SharonH is offline   Reply With Quote