Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-04-12, 11:29 AM  
pharma_gal

Where is the best place to buy gripitz?

Anyone have any suggestions and/or coupon? Thanks!
R.
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-12, 12:13 PM  
Jeanne Marie

I bought mine years ago and I know I paid about $45 even back then. Sorry, I don't remember where I got them. It was definitely online.

I just googled gripitz and Amazon.com has them.

I love mine. I use them constantly. They are great for any moves that are tough on your wrists... planks, push ups, dips, anything!
Old 01-04-12, 12:43 PM  
Lexy
VF Supporter

So why do people prefer Gripitz over push-up handles? Is it because the bar is padded? It doesn't look like there is enough clearance from the bar to the floor to get your hand around it without your knuckles/fingers smashing into the ground. Does anyone know how much clearance there is?
Lexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-12, 12:49 PM  
Jeanne Marie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexy View Post
So why do people prefer Gripitz over push-up handles? Is it because the bar is padded? It doesn't look like there is enough clearance from the bar to the floor to get your hand around it without your knuckles/fingers smashing into the ground. Does anyone know how much clearance there is?
The clearance measures exactly 1 and 3/4ths inches. My knuckles don't even come close to touching the floor. Unless you have really huge hands/fingers, it's not a problem.

I like them better than the push up handles precisely because of the lower clearance. I feel like I get an angle that's closer to actually having my hands on the ground, which gives a better workout. I also love the padded bars. The blocks are good and stable... no possiblity of them rolling or tipping or anything. Overall just a great workout tool.
Old 01-04-12, 01:18 PM  
cardiomama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanne Marie View Post
I like them better than the push up handles precisely because of the lower clearance. I feel like I get an angle that's closer to actually having my hands on the ground, which gives a better workout. I also love the padded bars. The blocks are good and stable... no possiblity of them rolling or tipping or anything. Overall just a great workout tool.
Ditto this, and I like that the Gripitz are easy to store (and not heavy, like the other push-up handles). I bought my pair at Amazon, and don't actually use them much, anymore. My husband does, and prefers them over the Perfect Push-Up handles.
cardiomama is offline   Reply With Quote