Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-12-19, 07:03 AM  
Tugger31

Would doing any Callanetics workout daily work just as well as the 30 day workouts? I have Callanetics Express and Callanetics Extreme as well as the 30 day dvd. I just got them all in the mail
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-19, 09:26 AM  
Julia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
Would doing any Callanetics workout daily work just as well as the 30 day workouts? I have Callanetics Express and Callanetics Extreme as well as the 30 day dvd. I just got them all in the mail
I wish I could give you an answer but I don’t have those workouts, maybe someone else who has worked with them could fill you in. Also, I want to add I avoided the planks and pushups in level 3 on the 30 day challenge because those kinds of movements tend to stress my body (cortisol) and bulk me. I get the best effects from “pulsing” the muscles repetitively, I’m not sure if “extreme” Callanetics would have the same effect if it’s super athletic, but I haven’t worked with it.
Julia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-19, 11:08 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I recall Callan writing that her workout was meant to be done something like twice a week.

ETA - Ok can't recall exactly, maybe it was meant to be done more often in the beginning, then 2x a week..?
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-19, 01:45 PM  
Julia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I recall Callan writing that her workout was meant to be done something like twice a week.

ETA - Ok can't recall exactly, maybe it was meant to be done more often in the beginning, then 2x a week..?
She suggests everyday and even made a video suggesting 2x per day (hence am and pm Callanetics). From personal experience w Callan and other forms I would say 3x per week minimum but the drastic changes come with 5x per week minimum.
Old 08-12-19, 01:53 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Thanks for clearing that up Julia!
Old 08-12-19, 02:12 PM  
Julia

Quote:
Thanks for clearing that up Julia!
welcome!

I went back just to double check what I remember to be true but I can’t seem to find the original interview, I did find someone else discussing Callanetics referencing 1x per week as well but it was not pinkney. In one of her videos she mentioned she did the exercises everyday and suggested frequent use.
Old 08-15-19, 05:47 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
So yesterday I pulled out Callanetics Evolution and did just the legs and the hips & behind sections. This morning, I can feel every muscle from my knees to my sacrum.

And Beyond, I ignored all her instructions for the pelvic floor. I remembered your story and remembered hearing Sandra Hannah writing something on her forum about wishing she could go back and edit that stuff out of CE.
I was thinking of getting Evolution... please, what are these pelvic floor instructions that Sandra regrets including and that I should ignore?
Old 08-15-19, 06:53 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
I was thinking of getting Evolution... please, what are these pelvic floor instructions that Sandra regrets including and that I should ignore?
Ignore her advice to tighten the pelvic floor. If there's more, Beyond will probably chime in.

Last edited by Demeris; 08-15-19 at 12:43 PM. Reason: floor, NOT core
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-19, 12:35 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Thanks for your insight!

Tags
glute rotation, inner thighs, lower body rotation