Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-19, 02:55 PM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
this is cool. thanks for sharing this. love the professional set.

it fits in with the K-pop vibe!
Agreed There are few articles in English about Jung. I read somewhere that FigureRobics is K-pop inspired. Not sure. K-pop has become a craze in my family bc my nieces are super fans. 2 of them traveled to New Jersey this year for a BTS concert BTW I sent the WOs to them after reading your post. The 20 something may want to try these LOL

There are some "K-pop workouts" in YT. I don't want to explore too much now. Too many workouts, so little time
Old 06-19-19, 08:37 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharaz View Post
Agreed There are few articles in English about Jung. I read somewhere that FigureRobics is K-pop inspired. Not sure. K-pop has become a craze in my family bc my nieces are super fans. 2 of them traveled to New Jersey this year for a BTS concert BTW I sent the WOs to them after reading your post. The 20 something may want to try these LOL

There are some "K-pop workouts" in YT. I don't want to explore too much now. Too many workouts, so little time

this single link alone is a treasure trove all by itself. thanks again!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-19, 08:57 AM  
Julia

Thanks for posting Sharaz, the workouts look really fun and effective.
Julia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-19, 09:58 AM  
Scorpio6

Thanks for posting, these look so interesting!
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-19, 02:13 PM  
Sharaz

Yesterday, I did Figure Robi and Body Ball slim. These may looks “easy” on preview but it is NOT. Both WOs kicked my butt! Definitely not a walking workout LOL I pretty much followed everything except I missed some steps here and there during transitions just bc was my first time.

Both are total body WOs with more emphasis on lower body due to the high amount of squats and lunges. Arms are worked simultaneously and are kept over shoulder height for the majority of the workouts. Jung also emphasizes the waist and core layering twisting movements into LB work.

I was working hard and exhausted so my account is not precisely. I noticed a couple of things. There is WU, main WO, cool down. The main WO consist of 3 blocks. Each block has 3 exercises that are done for maybe 16-32 reps (not sure about it). The sequence of 3 exercises is done twice. We worked 2-2 tempo, partials, and isometric static holds. The pace is not frantic. I feel that the WO tempo works my muscles to a higher degree due to time-under-tension. Instead of heart-tire, I was feeling muscle-tire. Also, a tempo like this allows for progressive overload. One the WO becomes easy I can increase difficulty by adding weights and loops bands. Ankle weights works well too. Jung does side leg lifts few times. There are not crazy moves here. For LB squats, lunges, one leg deadlifts during the ball WO, side lunges and side lifts. There are no crazy twisting movements while working arms. She keep the alignment on point. I am personally attracted to great form and posture. Both sides are worked equally. Praise for keeping accurate rep count.

The funny thing is that Figure Robi starts slow, you are kinda dancing. After the 15 mins mark NOT ANYMORE! The ball WO intensity is on point right out of the gate. I love the way she incorporated the ball here for standing work! One of the things I like about Jung WOs is that the work is done mostly standing. These allows higher intensity and calorie burn. More funcional too IMHO.

I know not everybody cares for calories, but needless to say the calorie burn was similar to my recent Cathe Low Impact Circuit which I can do now as it is. The average HR was higher for the ball WO. The HR stays in constant mode. There are no high/lows. This is not an interval WO.

Sent via I-Phone. Sorry for the typos. Will come back later and proofread
Old 06-20-19, 02:55 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

sharaz….oooo! I need to do these.

i'll have to set it up on our big TV first. I don't like working from the laptop if I can avoid it.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-19, 06:52 PM  
Sharaz

The best part...the hip shaking dance between blocks Much needed breather!

Looking forward for Julia, Scorpio, Alison and Bzar feedback if you guys try some of the workouts
Old 06-20-19, 07:06 PM  
Sharaz

I would like to get one of those Swiss Balls that comes in a smaller size. Mine is the regular one but weights more because it comes with a small amount of “sand” for stability. My arms were pretty fatigued. Arms are worked more with the ball WO. We hold the ball non-stop.

I also would to add that anybody can start slow and build up by doing half reps and then up the count day by day.

I like FigureRobics very much! Cool music. Nice to look at the crew and background scenery.
Old 06-23-19, 03:18 PM  
Sharaz

I decided to change my workout plan and incorporate FigureRobics more. I want to try ALL!

I felt the need of a brain focus shift after doing my current WOs for 5 weeks. Boredom set in and my body adapts too. My fitness goals are 1. Conditioning (I am off for training in 8 weeks and must ramp up cardio/agility in order to survive) 2. Lower my body fat percent. I already made progress but need new workouts to suck more . Refer to T-Nation article:
https://www.t-nation.com/training/ho...-stop-fat-loss

My new 4 weeks rotation strategy is HIIT cardio/Strength followed by SS cardio. On strength days I will lift 5-8 reps. I am using Tracey ‘s Bootcamp Strength and Metabolic Conditioning interval training workouts and FigureRobics afterwards. I consider FigureRobics a cardio / muscle endurance WO. I want to evaluate other benefits from this WOs so I need to do them regularly. I want to add loop bands and focus on glutes. There is something about Jung workouts that just fits well with me!

I still need to put the rotation on paper and determine which WOs pairings may works well. I am going to use FigureRobics Series + MC Fit series. Later on today, I plan to do FugureRobics Dance and will report back.
Old 06-23-19, 08:28 PM  
Sharaz

Figure Dumb is a nice full body endurance WO. Jung starts with UB and then moves to LB. Shoulders, biceps, triceps, back and chest is worked in a count of 16 reps for 2 sets. Jung lay out 3 exercises non-stop then comes the hip shaking bridge and repeat. The LB is worked using combo moves. Jung use partials and low ends. Again, once LB comes in midway the intensity increase. I used 3’s for this WO. Could go heavier for the back track next time. I also put on my ankle weights.

Figure Dance is also full body endurance. Jung uses the same pattern as the Dumb WO using different exercises but w/o weights (I used 1s) This one kill it with lunges/low ends sets.

Balance is challenged during these WOs. The pace is PERFECT! I am working out and get into the zone. Soooo focus because I only heard the counting, no silly chattering on top. The music is ZEN to me. Addiction is kicking in

Tags
figurerobics, jung dayeon