Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-19, 08:09 AM  
Julia

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
Are you streaming Callanetics? Are there specific dvds that use the bands?
I知 doing the 30 day countdown dvd by Lacey Kondi. I致e done it several times before as well. It shrinks everything down and pulls everything very fast. The contractions work the muscles deeply..my upper body got really huge and now I知 debulking. It does not use resistance bands.

The resistance band and loop workouts I do seperately sometimes before my workout sometimes another part of the day, I do believe in resistance training, I知 just finding heavy weights not suitable for my aesthetic tastes, appetite, or anything else these days. I may do the streaming Callanetics at a future date. I知 going to stick with this kind of exercising until I reach my ideal physique or I get bored (whatever comes first).
Julia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-19, 08:28 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I just watched the YouTube clips for the 3 workouts in 30-Day Countdown. I like the instructor and the workouts look intriguing, but I could never do the same workout 5 days, 10 days and then 15 days in a row - well, I don’t think I could anyway. Maybe. Don’t you get bored?

I’ve never tried any Callanetics. I might give it a try.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-19, 08:37 AM  
Julia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I just watched the YouTube clips for the 3 workouts in 30-Day Countdown. I like the instructor and the workouts look intriguing, but I could never do the same workout 5 days, 10 days and then 15 days in a row - well, I don’t think I could anyway. Maybe. Don’t you get bored?
It’s funny your asking this because I do get bored from too much repeat but it’s been awhile since I’ve worked my core muscles this deeply so it’s keeping me interested this time around and it feels really good again but typically I do like to rotate workouts even when I was lifting heavy I would rotate often. Also the results come in fast with this one, I’m seeing everything pull in down and lift and that also keeps me on motivation.

I would wholeheartedly recommend.

If you do try it get a tape measure, your going to be shocked at how fast it works even if you are lifting or whatever else you are doing.
Julia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-19, 10:42 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia View Post
I知 doing the 30 day countdown dvd by Lacey Kondi. I致e done it several times before as well. It shrinks everything down and pulls everything very fast. The contractions work the muscles deeply..my upper body got really huge and now I知 debulking. It does not use resistance bands.

The resistance band and loop workouts I do seperately sometimes before my workout sometimes another part of the day, I do believe in resistance training, I知 just finding heavy weights not suitable for my aesthetic tastes, appetite, or anything else these days. I may do the streaming Callanetics at a future date. I知 going to stick with this kind of exercising until I reach my ideal physique or I get bored (whatever comes first).
Gotcha. I thought you were using the resistance bands with Callanetics and I was intrigued. I too get fast results with Callanetics pulling me in. I don't know why I stray. My sciatica has been bothering me for months and Callanetics tweaks it even more sometimes. Maybe I'll try to ease back into it and see how it goes. Thanks for your reply.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-19, 11:06 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
Heavy lifting makes me tiny/ripped/strong----as long as I don't "eat to feed muscle gains". I'm always surprised that many women complain about getting bigger with heavy lifting but they are pounding down a few extra protein shakes per day, in addition to their diet.
That belief that you have to overeat to build muscle, seems to have been debunked in recent years. I remember when NROLW came out and was all, don't diet! you need fuel for your muscles!n and I thought, what if you're already carrying 20 pounds or more of excess fuel? Well, a more recent book, I forget which, says that yes you can build muscle on a deficit according to studies. Which has been my experience all along.

I still occasionally have a protein shake but I consider it to be dessert.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-19, 08:04 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

I've done heavy lifting regimens a few times in the past and I never liked it. I find it boring, I looked sort of puffy, but most of all, it hurt my joints. I tend to like mid-weight workouts best (8-12lbs., maybe 15s for certain exercises.)
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-19, 11:30 AM  
Ann1964

Bzar- Jealous of your ABS being flat no matter what you do. That's great!
Ann1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-19, 02:14 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Update: I looked at phase 4 of the Nia Shank's program and there were too many moves that were too advanced for me, which is why I think I was dreading it. So after much deliberation I decided to go back to Dave Dellanave's PR everyday program that I did as an online coaching thing in 2017. I just needed to do SOMETHING the other day. The workout was deadlifts, rows, bicep and shoulder moves and a core move. Lifted more than I thought I would after a 2 month break and I wasn't starving afterwards.
Yeah!
I have also been going through my fitness paperwork and discovered The Girls Gone Strong program I purchased years ago and never used. I might go back to that. Since I am now concentrating more on my nutrition, maybe I will actually start to look smaller in a few months.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-19, 03:34 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
I've done heavy lifting regimens a few times in the past and I never liked it. I find it boring, I looked sort of puffy, but most of all, it hurt my joints. I tend to like mid-weight workouts best (8-12lbs., maybe 15s for certain exercises.)
When I lift heavy, I consider it to be anything more than 3-5 pounds that I do 8-12 reps with. For me, that痴 8, 10, 12, 15 and 17.5 for lat rows. I guess it痴 all relative.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-19, 05:14 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia View Post

How long is each of the workouts on this DVD? Just curious.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dumbbell size, heavy weight training, heavy weights