Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-17-16, 06:18 PM  
edensmom

Tugger I don't think you will get mushy. You *may* not have the upper body definition you are used to. I always added a leg day bc her leg days tend to include a lot of jumping vs straight up weighted exercises (one leg day uses burpees and weighted burpees as 2 of the 8 exercises, for example.) Bbg is great for fat loss. If your diet is on point you should get lean using the program! Good luck!!
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-16, 08:11 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Tugger, were you doing the Butt Bible dvds or her paper workouts? Hope did you like those?

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-16, 12:10 AM  
traceym1

Another site to look at it and it is free and she is a nice smart lady is www.lovingfit.com i mainly do zuzka light as she has come so far and it is effective and fun but i do Tati's stuff sometimes also. Then there is Rumifitness also. zuzka is just so motivating though and i shape and strength are changing and i try new things with consistency now such as pull ups which i am trying so hard to achieve almost daily but for short intervals as to not over do it and burn out. I guess i am gaining patience, lol. i am in it for goals now and the body looking better is just a nice side effect now. i am in a much better place mentally with fitness now. Her new stretching is awesome, btw.

whoever was worried about kayla, her program will not make you mushy. It is an effective program. i just needed more variety.
traceym1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-16, 01:17 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Traceym1, I love Tati's stuff! I was doing Zuzka for a long time a while back, and then I changed to lovingfit and saw results (finally), I also found (at the time) that her workouts were more challenging and longer than Zuzka (when she was at BodyRock). I loved Zuzka's workouts because they were fun and short, but I actually didn't see any results, the good thing is that she made be consistent.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Old 01-18-16, 06:36 AM  
Tugger31

Edens, I really don't have any upper body definition, hence my fat loss goal. I have on of those bodies that in pics look "chubby" b/c I have muscle ie. size, but my body fat/endo tendency hides it all.

Sugar, I was doing the dvds. I did Level 1 for about 2 weeks and then with Level 2 and 3 I usually only did them once a week instead of twice like the rotations says to. I really liked them My goal then and still is to lose some quad bulk and work on my posterior chain muscles/glutes. I found these workouts were great for this. Her comments have annoyed some people in reviews I have read, but I don't get too caught up in instructors comments and her comments actually made me LOL during the workouts. Butt Bible was my "warm up" for EBE2.

tracey, thanks for posting that link. I love Zuzka but tend not to do her workouts b/c all the burpees and plank type of positions really bother my wrists plus too many burpees or up/down type of moves wreaks havoc on my vertigo. I have to look at bbg2 closer to see how many burpee type of moves there are in the workout.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-16, 11:37 AM  
edensmom

It's a LOT of plank + burpee moves. A lot. The first 12 weeks I had a lot of trouble with my wrists, but they got stronger over time.

The program is very good for fat loss. She just doesn't do traditional stuff to target arms like bicep curls, etc. She does many many manyyyyy pushups. I didn't start seeing definition until about week 4 or 5 iirc? So if you try it you really need to give it a chance to work.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-16, 02:07 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

edensmom,

I'm sorry to read about your husband. My condolences to you and your family.

Helen
Old 01-18-16, 02:18 PM  
traceym1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
Traceym1, I love Tati's stuff! I was doing Zuzka for a long time a while back, and then I changed to lovingfit and saw results (finally), I also found (at the time) that her workouts were more challenging and longer than Zuzka (when she was at BodyRock). I loved Zuzka's workouts because they were fun and short, but I actually didn't see any results, the good thing is that she made be consistent.
Are you still doing Tati and if so what does your workout schedule look like? You should really take a peek though at Zuzka's again. It has really progressed since her Body rock and Zwow days. I need to go back and do some of Tati's again!
traceym1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-16, 04:24 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Tugger, thanks for the reply, I do like the look of her dvds, and always thought I'd give them a try, her comments made me LOL too!

Tracey, I was doing: Lower - Upper - Rest (stretch) - Lower - Upper - Quick cardio and abs on Saturday - Rest on Sundays. I haven't done her workouts for a good while, but always keep thinking I've to go back as I find them challenging, fun and effective. But, you know how this is... Too many workouts too little time

Old 01-18-16, 06:53 PM  
Tugger31

All the full length Butt Bible workouts are free on youtube.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kayla itsines, paper workouts