Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-14, 02:42 PM  
Elise7

What did people think of Michelle's Peak 10 nutrition guide? Does it have good recipes?
Elise7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-14, 08:04 AM  
WWWendy
Community Manager

Discussion of the nutrition plans is going to violate our no diet talk guidelines, but I'll leave this open if you want to talk about the quality of the included recipes. If you want to discuss the specifics or merits or drawbacks of the nutrition plans, please do so privately. Thanks.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
WWWendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-14, 10:10 AM  
mspina

I am only familiar with the BB Nutrition Guides, but I've found those to be EXCELLENT sources of recipes. I don't follow any guide to a T simply because I don't cook that much (and can eat the same basic things over and over and not get bored), but for new ideas on clean recipes, I LOVE them.

Random Stuff:
  • Spinervals Team Member Triathlon Coach
  • Avid CrossFitter
  • Former Triathlon Fanatic
  • 2008 Boston Marathon Finisher
  • Cast member in IronGirl StrEndurance workout (released 12/07)

mspina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-14, 10:25 AM  
Peggy T
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eibhinn View Post
I'm vegetarian so most of those meal plans don't work for me at all. Even if I tried to modify them to my diet, being someone who doesn't eat meat or very much processed/packaged food at all, I feel like if I prepared and ate the five or six meals a day most of these types of programs seem to recommend I wouldn't get anything else done. The few I've flipped through have always looked so boring, anyway. How often can a person eat plain chicken breast and steamed broccoli without going mad?
I am in the same boat.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers
Peggy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-14, 11:12 AM  
mspina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eibhinn View Post
I'm vegetarian so most of those meal plans don't work for me at all. Even if I tried to modify them to my diet, being someone who doesn't eat meat or very much processed/packaged food at all, I feel like if I prepared and ate the five or six meals a day most of these types of programs seem to recommend I wouldn't get anything else done. The few I've flipped through have always looked so boring, anyway. How often can a person eat plain chicken breast and steamed broccoli without going mad?
Forever! I am one where the simpler, the better. I HATE cooking with a passion, truly just find it an annoying waste of time. Clean recipes that are fast are all I care about! I know that I am odd in this regard though..... But I truly don't really get all that excited about food, so don't get bored by the same thing over and over.

Random Stuff:
  • Spinervals Team Member Triathlon Coach
  • Avid CrossFitter
  • Former Triathlon Fanatic
  • 2008 Boston Marathon Finisher
  • Cast member in IronGirl StrEndurance workout (released 12/07)

mspina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-14, 11:22 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I concur with Bill Phillips' Eating for Life - everything I've made from it is delicious, and the recipes are easy. They are real family pleasers, too! Some of my favorites include the Teriyaki Turkey stir fry, and the Golden Pancakes. Somehow egg whites, cottage cheese and oats come out tasting like those old Bisquick pancakes.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-14, 01:04 PM  
PrairieGem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
I concur with Bill Phillips' Eating for Life - everything I've made from it is delicious, and the recipes are easy. They are real family pleasers, too! Some of my favorites include the Teriyaki Turkey stir fry, and the Golden Pancakes. Somehow egg whites, cottage cheese and oats come out tasting like those old Bisquick pancakes.
The pancake recipe is one I use a lot--because of the eggs, they taste just like French toast! DH still puts syrup on his, but I get by with a couple sprinkles of maple-cinnamon-sugar from Tones (? McCormick? You find it in the spice aisle).

I'm with mspina; I don't need a whole lot of variety in my diet, but I do try to mix things up a little more for DH.
Old 04-07-14, 01:33 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Specific menu suggestions never work for me. I prefer an outline that provides general guidelines on what types of food to eat and when. I also don't like recipes that are too complicated for weekday use.

I used to cook ahead and freeze things, but that requires a lot of prep time so I don't do it so much anymore.
Old 04-07-14, 01:38 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Somehow egg whites, cottage cheese and oats come out tasting like those old Bisquick pancakes.
Could you post this recipe? I have some cottage cheese that needs using up!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
food, nutrition, program, tosca reno