Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-12, 07:43 PM  
dmlarue1

How long should I do start here before moving on to other kellys?

Hi All
I am really loving start here and after being sick for a month with bronchitis, this is the perfect workout for me. How long do you think you should use start here before trying her other workouts? Which ones do you think are less intense? I was watching a clip for your best body that's one is going to take a while to work up to.
dmlarue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-12, 08:01 PM  
Elise7

I really like her Kickboxing one. The choreo is a little tricky to get at first, but once you get it, it's lots of fun without getting boring. It doesn't move too quickly and it has a cardio effect but not super tough cardio-wise. It also works the arms and legs.
Elise7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-12, 08:47 PM  
Vee

Body training is relatively less intense.

Of her Cardio, Cardio Blast has the easiest to pick up choreography in my opinion, followed by TLC. Both these workouts are manageable intensity if you follow Lauren.

kickboxing is a fantastic workout too. If you are good or patient with learning choreography, it is a must have and I second the previous poster about it being a good choice. It is not complex on choreography at all compared to Cardio workouts out there that are tricky. It is just that it may take a few tries before you get a couple of the combos down.
Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-12, 09:30 PM  
renee mcfar

Another vote for Cardio Blast.
I am going on a Kelly shopping spree soon!
I can't wait! She si great!

Have fun!
renee mcfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-12, 09:56 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

If you use light weights, you would be fine with Your Best Body, as I think she designed it to use whatever weight works for you, and the pace isn't too fast.

Her new Step Boxing workout, isn't hard to learn either, but I would learn the boxing combos first, while stepping on the floor (following Lauren.) Once you're confident in the punching, you can add on the step.

Pam

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-12, 03:38 PM  
YogaGal

Both workouts on TLC are fun and easy to learn. You can start out without weighted gloves and then add them (1 pound) when you are ready for more intensity.

Circuit Burn is another good one with lots of premixes, so you can do a combo of cardio and strength, just cardio, just strength, and lots of others to choose from.
Old 02-07-12, 06:27 AM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

I second TLC. It is my favorite from Kelly, and should be fairly easy to follow.
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote