Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-12, 09:26 AM  
gigi

The main negative I remember from KickMax is that for the first part of the workout (even when I was really trying to work it) I could barely get my heart rate up then you hit the blast section and it's like instantly the workout gets tough! The beginning felt like a very much extended warm up. I've traded mine away but that's what I remember. I do like the leg conditioning drills which I still have b/c it's on the HardCore Extreme DVD. I need to pull that out now that I think about it....

I too want to say that I pulled KP&C out the other day and quite enjoyed it.
Old 01-30-12, 09:29 AM  
renee mcfar

When I bought the Hardcore series, this is the only workout I sold on ebay.

After doing Cathe's KP&C, CardioKicks and her Kickboxing workout from the duh...older series she did. I was also using Tae-Bo, the good old hard ones, alot. I thought this workout was fun but too easy. lol to me now!

Anyway, In this workout, I find her form and combos to be the next best thing to KP&C. This is a great workout and I totally regret selling it. Matter of fact, I just repurchased it!

I can't wait to do it this week. Its one purchase you will not regret. Cathe and her gals kick butt in this workout.

I love the way kickboxing shapes your body. There is nothing like it, IMHO of course! Renee
renee mcfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-12, 09:31 AM  
mtngoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vee View Post
<snip>

In discussions in past threads VFers have said they wished it had a premix with a Blasts after each Combo. I have never used the premixes on the DVD, but I think that would have made the workout easier by spacing out the intensity.
I wonder how the download is chaptered? This sounds like a perfect job for the Workout Blender, if it is chaptered properly.

(I hate to admit it, but this is one of my virgin DVDs. I bought the whole HardCore set, but wasn't into kickboxing. I will definitely be giving this one a try soon - it sounds great!)

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-12, 09:54 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

This is the only Cathe I've ever traded away. I dont' miss it, though the leg drills were good. I really liked KP&C so much better.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-12, 11:05 AM  
mtnmom

If you just want it for the lower body toning segment, maybe you'd be better off with Turbo Barre. I don't have Turbo Barre, so I really don't know.

As someone who loved KPC and ordered the entire Hardcore Series, I was disappointed with KickMax and sold it right away. It was too disjointed for me. The kickboxing was too spinny, like Janis Saffell, the blasts too much and too long, the floor toning okay but a little boring.
Old 01-30-12, 12:33 PM  
Shelbyfit

Just an FYI...

I am currently trading Kick Max, so if you're interested, let me know!

~Amy
Shelbyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-12, 12:38 PM  
Cammie-Cam

I still have this one but am Meh on it. I've tried to sell/swap it several times, but no takers. I keep it because I want to have another Cathe kickboxing workout.. but I actually want a GOOD one. I wonder why she didn't include one with this new LIS series. Ilaria made a mostly low impact kickboxing workout that is fabulous, I'm sure Cathe could have done the same. Bummer.

Anyhoo, yeah KickMax... not a fav.
Cammie-Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-12, 01:41 PM  
violingal3

I like it, it's a good workout, but I don't know about Collage's claim that it's the toughest kickbox workout ever. For me it's good for variety when I overuse Kick, Punch and Crunch (love, love, love it!)! LOL
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-12, 04:51 PM  
bfit

I like this workout, and I am over 50 and prefer low impact workouts. I don't think this is the toughest kickbox workout ever by any means. The kickbox combos are mostly low impact, and I even do the blasts low impact. For jumping jacks I do heel jacks, for jogging I do marching, etc. I love the standing leg work too.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-12, 05:30 PM  
RedPanda

I have Kick Max on my trade list too, if anyone's interested.

Tags
kick max