Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-12, 05:10 PM  
zippity

I think the Leslie walks are great because the lower level aerobic activity doesn't seem to burn off the muscle I"m trying to build with strength training. I generally don't try to intensify the workouts, except sometimes in the "boosted walking" segments I'll do high knees or jumping jacks for short bursts of intense activity; but only if I haven't done Hiit/Tabata that week in another workout.

I'm about to start a Leslie/Cathe STS rotation; we'll see how they complement each other over the next few months.
zippity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-12, 05:44 PM  
KellyMarie65

There are SO many of them, it's hard to choose lol
KellyMarie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-12, 06:01 PM  
bearcatfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyMarie65 View Post
There are SO many of them, it's hard to choose lol
And read the descriptions carefully at Collage, totalfitness and Amazon. She is famous (infamous) for re-releasing older titles under newer names. Sometimes it's hard to tell.
Old 01-14-12, 06:11 PM  
renee mcfar

As someone totally new to Leslie's workouts, this thread has been so helpful to me.

For umpteen years, I have been under the impression that I had to kill myself with Cathe or spin around like crazy with Christie,both of which i still love, to get an effective cardio workout, I am learning different.

I love Leslie's positive energy and I love feeling "worked out" but not dead after my cardio is done.
renee mcfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-12, 06:15 PM  
sunday

I consider myself low advanced - or possibly higher actually - and have been using Leslie as my sole cardio. She has leaned out my legs like nothing else. The fat is melting off, and I can do it without killing myself with either moves or reps. She is totally no dread. I do four miles a day in addition to TA Meta MS work. I don't add anything extra unless Leslie does; so when she does weights, I do weights.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-12, 06:20 PM  
KellyMarie65

This is good to hear. I was thinking Leslie would be for someone just starting out. I don't know why I had that impression but I did.
KellyMarie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-12, 06:39 PM  
kat999

Re: high intensity vs. longer but lower intensity

I'd ALWAYS choose something a little easier but longer. That pretty much goes for everything in life. I'm a very hyper, anxious person by nature, so a frenetic, high-intensity workout that goes at level 11 for 20 minutes is almost torture for me, as it just makes everything negative about my physiological and psychological tendencies become exacerbated. Whereas when I do a longer, lower-key workout that I can add my OWN bursts to if I want, I feel calmer, happier, more centered, and more full of endorphins rather than like I'm having a panic attack.

Whether or not short, HiiT is actually better for one physically, I kind of don't care. If a workout makes me feel frazzled and anxious, I'm not going to do it very often, time-saver or no.
Old 01-14-12, 08:13 PM  
Artist of Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
Re: high intensity vs. longer but lower intensity

I'd ALWAYS choose something a little easier but longer. That pretty much goes for everything in life. I'm a very hyper, anxious person by nature, so a frenetic, high-intensity workout that goes at level 11 for 20 minutes is almost torture for me, as it just makes everything negative about my physiological and psychological tendencies become exacerbated. Whereas when I do a longer, lower-key workout that I can add my OWN bursts to if I want, I feel calmer, happier, more centered, and more full of endorphins rather than like I'm having a panic attack.

Whether or not short, HiiT is actually better for one physically, I kind of don't care. If a workout makes me feel frazzled and anxious, I'm not going to do it very often, time-saver or no.
That's a really good description and I second your thoughts!

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

"Walking is Man's Best Medicine for Life" Hippocrates

"Of all exercises walking is the best." Thomas Jefferson

"Thoughts come clearly while one walks." Thomas Mann
Artist of Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leslie sansone