Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-11-12, 05:30 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu Belle View Post
$10 saved now - hopefully I'll feel good about it later.
Good for you! Maybe later there will be something you want EVEN MORE and you'll be able to cave with less/no guilt knowing that you resisted this early temptation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
I....AM...IM....PRESSED!!! Bob Harper Vids are $25 retail here - EACH! I don't think I would have been as strong.
Bob's stuff is pretty cheap here. Target carries them, quite inexpensively...

Alright, I'm 'fessing up. I've made a trade or 2. BUT I have still not purchased. (but trading is like a pathway drug, LOL, and it leads to purchasing...so I need to knock it off!)
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-12, 12:21 AM  
RedPanda

Hi everyone

I haven't disapperared off the face of the earth - I've been hiking in the Tasmanian wilderness since Christmas, and am checking in quickly from Cradle Mountain.

For those of you who are sticking to the fiscal straight and narrow - keep up the good work!

And for those of you who are losing your firm grip on your credit cards - there's always tomorrow!
Old 01-12-12, 12:31 AM  
Helen

I have a habit of cruising the usual retail places for workouts and typically walk away because they're too expensive (eg $25 Bob Harper) or I already have it. Today I went to one of those cheap shops (Go-Lo, Panda will know) & they have some workouts. They had half-price all DVDs, and some workouts were marked at just $5, so they'd be $2.50 - UNBELIEVABLE!

But.... DD was with me, and said really blandly "But don't you have enough?"

She was right - I walked away. The workouts were Hollywood Trainer. I don't have any & have no idea what they're like, never seen a review, and I HAVE ENOUGH.
To quote myself - a bargain is ONLY a bargain IF you were ALREADY PLANNING on getting it, BEFORE seeing the cheap price. otherwise, it's just excessive and unnecessary consumption!
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-12, 12:43 AM  
cardiomama

The No-buy is going well (11 days into it), and I have not traded, either (but those are allowed). Although, there are some workouts that have caught my eye, I'm not biting. I wonder if by July, I will still have the interest in those (I think so but maybe not).

Good job to all those who are sticking to their goals, keep it up!
cardiomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-12, 03:58 AM  
topfitmama

12 days into the challenge and I am sticking to my rules.

- I've spent some of my paypal balance sales shopping, just not at Total Fitness but at Yayas. Heh, it's environmentally friendly shopping. All about recycling! bonus points for me
- I have requested a SASE and received a DVD that someone gave me for free, and I have sent off two SASEs.
- I am faithfully ticking off days when I get a full workout in .

Now I really, really have to start sticking to some other rules, too...
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-12, 10:23 AM  
Buzzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
Hi everyone

I haven't disapperared off the face of the earth - I've been hiking in the Tasmanian wilderness since Christmas, and am checking in quickly from Cradle Mountain.

For those of you who are sticking to the fiscal straight and narrow - keep up the good work!

And for those of you who are losing your firm grip on your credit cards - there's always tomorrow!
Wow Red, that's cool!!! I have a map of Tasmania on a dish towel hanging on the bathroom door in my workout room... a friend of mine lives part time in Tasmania & she gave it to me. Very cool! I will have to look & see where cradle mountain is!!

Helen, good for you for resisting! Good thing DD was there with you. I don't know what the Hollywood Trainers are, but for $2.50 I might be tempted to find out...

Good job to everyone who has resisted... I'm 12 without a purchase, and still holding strong!!!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-12, 06:29 PM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
Wow Red, that's cool!!! I have a map of Tasmania on a dish towel hanging on the bathroom door in my workout room... a friend of mine lives part time in Tasmania & she gave it to me. Very cool! I will have to look & see where cradle mountain is!!
Here's a gratuitous photo of Cradle Mountain. As Mr RedPanda says, "Mmm... pointy".

I had so many goodies waiting for me when I got home - the Skogg system (the remaining part of my Christmas gift to myself), RIDES New York (the last DVD I bought under my 2011 Slow Buying Challenge), some Jill Millers I ordered before Christmas (prehab-type DVDs don't count under my Slow Buying Challenge rules), a trade, and a copy of Athletic Training a very kind VFer sent me - I'm going to hold off buying any more DVDs until February.
Old 01-13-12, 06:40 PM  
Helen

Panda - Noooiiice!!! I've not been to Tas (yet) but my sister's husband is from there, so the pressure is on. BTW, the rest might accept that you've been hiking, but I know better (bushwalking)

CONFESSION TIME: I've had Rebecca Small vids on my wish-list for about 4 years, always feeling they were too expensive, and eagerly hoped for a sale at Fitness Organica. Well.... Evolution are not reprinting and stocks at FO are running down, some sold out, so.... I've made an order even though they're not on sale. When it comes, it'll be put aside until my b'day (May), just as STS was last year.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-12, 06:56 PM  
RedPanda

Quote:
BTW, the rest might accept that you've been hiking, but I know better (bushwalking)

Quote:
CONFESSION TIME: I've had Rebecca Small vids on my wish-list for about 4 years, always feeling they were too expensive, and eagerly hoped for a sale at Fitness Organica. Well.... Evolution are not reprinting and stocks at FO are running down, some sold out, so.... I've made an order even though they're not on sale. When it comes, it'll be put aside until my b'day (May), just as STS was last year.
I think that's a wise decision on Rebecca Small. I'm not an Evolution devotee, but, hey - if the DVDs are going out of print...
Old 01-13-12, 07:26 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
I think that's a wise decision on Rebecca Small. I'm not an Evolution devotee, but, hey - if the DVDs are going out of print...
Totally agree. You definitely get a free pass on that situation!
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012 goals, goals, no buy, vidiocy, vidiocy recovery