Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-12, 10:41 PM  
lrb04

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenJo View Post
Just what muscles and areas does it address? I've been having some hip tightness in my Pilates lessons lately but also times when my glutes just don't want to engage when I want them to. Think this would help with both? I love balance work.
The glutes, side of hip, and ball and socket are my guess, but I am not an expert. I heard her say glutes though.
lrb04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-12, 11:29 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

Thanks, Fran. That sounds good.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-12, 02:37 PM  
cardiomama

I did this workout last night, and loved it! Solid exercises (standard, combination, stretches), sequenced well w/ a good flow (work through one side before moving to other, standing work completed before moving to floor) & minimal equipment needed. The music is good, too, not the typical canned. Tracie looks very fit & gorgeous, too.

The workout is chapter into 4 sections: w/u, cardio, sliding & stretch, w/ the option to play all or by segment. It uses 1 ankle weight, mat, 2 sliding discs, dowel stick (balance for kicks & placed on shoulders for lunge variations).

Some of the exercises in the segments:

W/u: squat/hands on floor/hip shift w/ elevated heels, side lunge w/ torso rotation/hand tap inside of leg, plies

Cardio: side hurdle/squat/leg lift, split lunge jumps w/ forward lean/hands reach for floor, forward lunge/knee lift/rear kick/knee lift, side kicks w/ dowel

Sliding/ankle weight: sliding side lunge, sliding cross back (curtsy), sliding semi circle (front to back, back to front), sliding reverse planks, pretzel: leg lifts, extensions

Stretch: runner's lunge variations, downward dog w/ high leg lift, pretzel position w/ shoulder roll

My longer, more detailed review of Hip 30: http://www.videofitness.com/reviewsd...ew.php?id=4088

Last edited by cardiomama; 01-12-12 at 12:30 AM. Reason: removed rear lunge, curtsy was the rear lunge
cardiomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-12, 03:58 PM  
Piper
VF Supporter

Thanks Cardiomama for the great review! I purchased this, but haven't previewed or tried it yet. Did you feel burning in your muscles, like you were actually strengthening/toning the hip area?

"Tomorrow is often the busiest day of the week."
-Spanish Proverb

"You are what you repeatedly do, excellence then is not an act, but a habit." Aristotle

Current Rotation:
Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-12, 08:12 PM  
JeepGirl

I previewed this last night and agree that it looks great. Tracie looks so lean! And, I LOVED her shoes. Does anyone have any idea what brand they are? I was waiting for credits but they never happend.
JeepGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-12, 12:38 AM  
cardiomama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper View Post
Thanks Cardiomama for the great review! I purchased this, but haven't previewed or tried it yet. Did you feel burning in your muscles, like you were actually strengthening/toning the hip area?
I don't recall burning, but Tracie really does hit the hips & glutes nicely (feel worked). There are numerous lateral lunges, leg abductions, balance on one leg (knee raise other leg) in between the kick variations (side, rear) & bent knee lifts & extensions from pretzel position that all work hip whether directly or as stabilizer (but doesn't feel like overkill, repped to death). Since it's a mostly bodyweight workout, the tempo & directional changes, full range of motion of many exercises, the holds (on one leg) & disc exercises all add intensity w/o the need for much weight (beauty of it). It's a workout that works well, I hope Tracie will produce more Figure 30 workouts (seems like it will be a series). And there are good stretches mixed into the workout (after one side completion & after work portion is done).
cardiomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-12, 11:59 AM  
Piper
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiomama View Post
It's a workout that works well, I hope Tracie will produce more Figure 30 workouts (seems like it will be a series).
Thanks for the reply. I noticed on the side of the dvd cover it says "vol 1"; it will be interesting to see what body area the next volume will focus on.

"Tomorrow is often the busiest day of the week."
-Spanish Proverb

"You are what you repeatedly do, excellence then is not an act, but a habit." Aristotle

Current Rotation:
Piper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
figure 30 hips