Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-09-12, 12:44 AM  
rad

I'm bumping my own thread. Used the Perfect Pushup tonight and I'm ambivalent about their movement. In fact, I even grabbed the dumbbells in lieu of the PP. Frankly, it's too bad they're not stationery (sp?) because I'm worried I'll twist my wrist by accident. Otherwise, they're very nice. Decisions, decisions...Glad I had the opportunity to try them out. Wondering about other solutions and trying to imagine how that lawn padding is helpful. While I was walking today I kept "clearing my wrists" and flicking them like they were dandelion flowers.
rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-12, 01:31 PM  
cardiomama

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad View Post

I used dumbbells tonight and they actually made a difference.

Is there anything else that is effective because I'm downing "systemic enzymes" (which really do help with the pain, and fortunately you can't overdose with them) like they're tootsie rolls.
I like to vary my hand positions when doing the floorwork (especially w/ doing 2 floorwork sections, consecutively). I like to ball one hand into a fist, or lift palm of hand off floor (so weight is balanced mostly on fingers & thumb, Tracy does this, too), or turn the hand to face fingertips to side vs. front (or you could turn them in a bit, Tracy does that) & sometimes have a slight bend in the elbow (opposite side arm to leg moving). And it's just w/ one hand (other is flat), it could be when the same side leg is static or moving. Also, sometimes take short rests in child pose, shake the hands out, wrist circles (both directions) & alternate flexed hand/reverse motion in between exercises (or when needed).

I have not had to use any equipment, the shorts rests (w/ stretches) & varied hand positions (when needed) seem to do the trick. I think w/ some exercises, it's more comfortable and/or stable to have (one of) the hands placed differently. For Meta Glute, the low lunge into rear leg extension, I like my same side hand in a fist, and like the lifted palm when the other side arm has a bent elbow, other side leg is moving. So you should experiment around w/ the positions & see what can work better for you.
cardiomama is offline   Reply With Quote