Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-12, 11:13 AM  
beeg

Valerie Waters BBX Question

I am debating doing a TA/Valerie Waters combination rotation to start off the new year. I have some of Valerie's other programs, but I am definitely interested in the newer Bikini Body Express one. Did anyone do this and if so how were your results? Thanks for any help you can give me!!!

Beth
beeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-12, 07:11 PM  
cardiomama

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeg View Post
I am debating doing a TA/Valerie Waters combination rotation to start off the new year. I have some of Valerie's other programs, but I am definitely interested in the newer Bikini Body Express one. Did anyone do this and if so how were your results? Thanks for any help you can give me!!!

Beth
Hi Beth- I used the BBX rotation but had experienced a shoulder injury (not from BBX) so did not use it w/ max potential & effort, so I consider that a warm-up/practice run not done for results. But from using the BBX workouts, I can tell you that they are the most challenging of Valerie's (twist on exercises, new exercises, different sequencing in circuits & rep ranges), and the nutrition plan is very restrictive. And w/ that said, it's really for those already in shape who just want to bump it up for a special event (short bootcamp). The rotation is only 3 weeks, so it's not a long time to work w/, unlike Valerie's other programs (Action Hero Babe is 8 weeks long, and her e-book programs are 6 weeks long). Depending on what your goals are & fitness level, BBX may or may not work well for you.

It is kind of pricey, the program includes 3 full body workouts, 4-5 mini workouts (1 circuit repeated 3-4 times), nutritional info. (includes recipes), cardio recommendations (similar to her previous programs w/ some extras) & some clips from Valerie's Red Carpet Ready event (many not worth watching in my opinion, I liked Chad Waterbury's though). I can copy the info. I wrote up for the BBX workouts if you like, it was like a mini-review on them (info. exercises, rep ranges, equipment). Let me know if you have other questions.
cardiomama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
valerie waters