Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-05-21, 08:48 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I added on Jessica V's new Pilates workout - I did it from the Unlimited Site rather than You Tube, but I think it is the same workout! I also did her sciatica stretch routine in the evening. With my SI joint bugging me, the prolonged sitting is not great so the stretch for sciatica felt good. Jessica seems to know what she is doing when it comes to SI joint issues as I think she suffers from them as well. Interestingly, the population most likely to suffer from SI joint dysfunction is young and middle aged women. I think a factor is hormones that make the joints looser....and less stable.

Today it was back to Pahla!

Pahla B - Walk off the Weight Day - 5 Met Con style. I really liked this one!! It was 30 seconds cardio, 90 seconds strength. It seems odd that I would enjoy this protocol so much b/c like Pahla, I'm a cardio girl. But, I really enjoyed the longer strength interval to focus on form and really get into the mind/body connection - that Pahla talks about in this video. It was not super sweaty and I hardly got any steps, but it was still a good one for today!

Yoga w/ Adriene - Breath - Day 4 - Listen - this was a little gentler than the day before.

Carol - glad your day went well. Once I got into the groove it was ok...at least we have a long weekend to look forward to w/ MLK day coming up soon and I'm going to take a day to do a college visit w/ my DD.

Waves, Dana, Linda, Brenda and missing Christine and Cheri!!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-21, 11:03 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I didn't do anything this morning. Basil is in cat heaven now and even though it was time, as concurred by his vet, it still hurts like hell. We've had him for almost 19 years and he (and late Ziggy) were vital members of our family. I can't stop crying. I'll check back later this week.
Old 01-05-21, 02:07 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Dana, I'm so sorry!!!

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-21, 03:36 PM  
fanofladyvols

Dana HUGS to you and your husband!! (⊃。•́‿•̀。)⊃

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-21, 09:29 PM  
cherimac

Dana, I am popping in to offer hugs and prayers. Losing pet family members hurts so much.
Old 01-06-21, 06:33 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Dana,

I am so, so, sorry!!

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-21, 08:51 AM  
donnamp

Dana - I'm so sorry to hear about Basil....
Old 01-06-21, 08:56 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today's workouts were:

Pahla B - Walk off the Weight - Day 6 - although I think she refers to this as a walk there was no much walking, just as a break between circuits. This one was mostly like the FiRM's 4 Limb aerobic style. You hold light weights the entire time and do low impact cardio exercises. She did it circuit style with three exercises per circuit repeated three times. I found it pretty challenging w/ 3 lbs and I had to drop to 2 lbs for the second half of the routine. It definitely felt like "enough" for me today, which is great, in under 30 minutes!

Yoga w/ Adriene - Breath - Day 5 - Replenish.

Yesterday for add-ons I did 15 min of a Walking Online Workout - it was nice, good music, pretty beach scenery. I think my subscription ends on 1/15 and I think I will cancel - I like it well enough but I feel I own or can access other options for getting in some extra steps/activity for $0 per month as opposed to $9.99/month. I may subscribe again in the future - it is nice to move and listen to music and see pretty scenery.... I also think it is funny that I like this extreme (no talking) and Pahla (non-stop talking!)

I also did Jessica V's SI Joint exercises again.

Hope everyone is doing well and ((HUGS)) to Dana.

Donna
Old 01-06-21, 07:54 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were:

Pahla B - Walk Off the Weight - Day 5 (met con) - 25 minutes
Jessica Valant Pilates - 10 Minute Beginner Abs Workout - 10 minutes

I really enjoyed Pahla's Met Con workout - I didn't think I could do 90 second intervals with 5 lb weights, but I didn't have any trouble using my 4's (except for Peak a Boo Side Steps). I felt pleasantly worked by the end, but not at all exhausted. Jessica's ab workout is on YouTube and is a nice one.

I feel much better today. I figured out what was causing my wheezing yesterday at work - my assistant had bought a new scent product from Bath and Body Works and it was really, really strong to me. It was Cinnamon, which I have a hard time tolerating in scent products - it usually gives me a headache pretty quickly, but I had never had it cause me to wheeze before. The wheezing started again today after she opened her door. If I closed my door, it went away. She ended up taking it home and was going to get something different. Generally those things do not bother me, but cinnamon really does a number on me. Although I love smelling cinnamon rolls...

Waves ~

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-21, 07:35 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning,
Thank you everyone for your kind words about the loss of Basil. That means a lot to me and I appreciate it.

This morning checking in with:
GHUTV 1 Mile Power Walk - 16min. I purchased their DVDs and this one is off Walk, Sculpt and Sweat.
JV Morning Routine - 9min stretch
ePilates Core Challenge - 17min.

I finally made an appointment for the 25th of January with my primary for a physical and blood work. I haven't been to her in about 2.5 years (no insurance) so no telling what I'm going to find out. I should weigh about 35 lbs less than I do but since I'm not going to lose that weight in the next 18 days, I'll have to face whatever it may be and try to make improvements. My Dexa scan is the same week - on the 28th. Might as well get everything done asap.

I hope everyone is doing well. I'm hanging in there. Waves to all!