Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-22-21, 05:40 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hey all! Thank you all very much for your good kind thoughts on the power problems. We are slowly getting back to normal -- we had plumbing problems in our kitchen at the tail end of the power outage -- completely unrelated, but we're still sorting through that. Hubby is about to snake it. There's always something!!

kittybug, sorry to hear that work has been so intense lately. Hopefully you'll be able to have a break over the weekend? And hopefully it'll mellow out next week.

Chele, thanks for that pointer to Trumpit !2 -- that does seem like it could be fun. When the power was out I did a combo rebounder/kettlebell workout -- just a circuit of different moves for 60 seconds each. It was pretty fun. I did some yoga from a podcast after. We do what we can, eh?

lavna, the vaccinations are handled individually by state, and then within the state it may be by county. Seems to been California anyway, as I know in some counties they are doing 65 year olds and in other counties it's only over 70. It is a big mess though, and at the rate we're going it's going to take forever. Really annoying. Nice to hear they're doing a better job in Canada (and perhaps not surprising!).

Linda, I'm glad you're enjoying your kettlebell workouts!

manleym, nice to see you're joining in the Two Tuesdays! I will try to remember to do that Get to Know you Flow. Thanks!!

Kate, I also had trouble with the first part of the step in Cardio Fusion since she jumped right into the combo and it's been forever since I'd done the original workout. Good for you for sailing through the intensity!

As for the house..... we thought we were going to see it today, but when they sent the disclaimers, it says they are in a high fire danger area. After some back and forth with the realtor, it turns out they are on the very edge of the high danger area. Where we are currently is only marginally worse than that, so we thought why would we leave a place we love for only marginally better fire conditions, since that's what's motivating this in the first place. So, we didn't go. We may still go see it just to see what being on the edge of it would feel like in person, but it is a 2-1/2 hour drive to get there, so we punted for today. In the meantime, while procrastinating on the plumbing, DH found a house with pool, outdoor AND indoor movie projection areas, an outdoor kitchen, tennis court, basketball court, etc. A much bigger house than we need as we approach empty nest but it seems like it could be really fun. Our friend who wants us to move closer to him said he would build a guest house on the lot. There was actually some serious discussion on this. They wouldn't live there full time, and it would definitely be fun to have more people to share all that stuff with. But it's probably a pipe dream!!

Waves to all my fierce Watulan friends!!
Old 01-22-21, 06:04 PM  
Mickey12

Happy Friday fellow Watulans!!!

My virgin fun Friday workout was Patrick Goudeau Hardcore Conditioning 24/7. It was HARD!!! and NOT FUN!!!!! Oh man, I wanted to like it but I just didn't. The cardio was too much jumping (what? I love jumping!) and the weight work was too much plank work, odd positions, just not fun for me. Boo! But now I know and I'll move on to better things.

ChelePA when are you getting Cathe Live? Aren't you getting anxious for it?

I'm wondering about Cataddict, I don't think she's posted a little bit. Maybe the dreaded 500 error? We're thinking about you and hoping things are ok.

I hope everyone else has a great Friday and great weekend.
Old 01-22-21, 06:52 PM  
manleym

Hi Friends!

Glad to see you all posting. I'm hoping to reply to comments tomorrow. Had a later workout so I'm more pressed for time. But glad to see everyone posting. And yes, where is Cataddict?

ChelePA I just finished Caroline's Fun Full Body Strength & Cardio Circuits Workout. I agree that this was very doable. I used 10, 12, and 15 lb dumbbells. I'm glad I read your review first to know that for some moves I could go heavier and that there wasn't a warm-up. I did a 5 minute warm-up by Heather. It is different working out to only music. There's no one telling you to focus on form, go deeper, etc. I agree that this workout went quickly and was good. I liked the variation of this workout - some weights, some isometric holds (HELLO sumo squats ) I just have to remember to stay focused on my form and not let laziness or fatigue cause bad form. It was a nice change of pace and she had some nice variations of moves. It was definitely worth doing for a Fun Friday!

See ya'll tomorrow!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-21, 07:29 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh brother! Completely forgot to tell you guys that I did indeed to Powerstrike 6 for Fun Friday. Unwrapped the plastic and put it in. More fun than Hardcore Conditioning, me thinks! Did I say she is slower and more controlled than Cathe? Um, let me amend that to say her kicks are usually that, and not always, and her punches are way faster! Hard to keep up in some places, but yes, it was fun!
Old 01-23-21, 07:42 AM  
ChelePA

Bee...Trampit 11 was awesome too!!! It clocks in around 30 minutes. She spoke English in this video with her class. She has so much energy with a really positive attitude. The time flew by and the music was great!
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-21, 07:49 AM  
ChelePA

And Kim you are right I was supposed to sign up for Cathe Live. I decided to try to mix things up because I was exclusively doing her workouts. Using some free YouTube videos and my rebounder more and of course loving the Kat step videos. I’m thinking maybe in the next month after I’m done with my January challenge too.
Old 01-23-21, 08:12 AM  
ChelePA

Looking more at Caroline Girvan’s videos

It looks like her light weights are 6 kilograms (13.2 lbs. each) and her heavies are 20 kilograms (44 lbs. each). I saw someone else post this on another thread too.

Weight workouts are my least favorite but I am going to look more into her full body and possibly some cardio. Thought you ladies who like to lift heavy might want to check it out. I’ll definitely stick with Cathe for weights.
Old 01-23-21, 05:41 PM  
manleym

Good to hear from you fanofladyvols! Glad you're enjoying Lauren's dvds and kettlebells! How fun to have your daughter join you! Reminds me of when ChelePA would workout with her daughter (at the Y, I think) and Bee and her son doing yoga together. It is a fun family time.

horusosiris we were workout twins Wednesday and Thursday. I have H & C but have only done 1 workout. It was one of Sagi's and gotta say, didn't care for him. The workout wasn't Power Hammer so maybe I would like that one better. He was just too much for me. But I've read he's one of those personalities you either love or don't. That was the only workout I've done by him so it could be I'm just not used to his style. I'm glad you liked it!

Speaking of liking...kim I'm sorry Patrick's HWC 24/7 wasn't fun for you. Kinda piggybacks on my comments about Sagi. Some workouts really click with some people, and not others. I hope you did something fun today to make up for it. Oh, I finally tried Amy Bento's Hi-Lo Dome Challenge and it was fun! I only did the cardio part (no Dome) because hubby was ready for lunch. That was today's workout.

kittybug I hope work has eased up. Are you and horusosiris still watching Poldark? We are in season 2 episode 10. Don't want to be a spoiler if ya'll aren't there. It's SO good.

chelePA keep me updated on the Caroline workouts you find. I wouldn't mind adding her in a couple of times a week. And yea, I can't lift as heavy as Caroline. I'm sticking with my 12 and 15's. Those sound like horusosiris and kateTT weights. I think you'll love Cathe Live when you finally decide to get it, or connect it in your basement. I usually do a Live (or Cathe) on Monday, then her Live on Thursday. Like you, I'm mixing in other instructors on the other days. Or trying to be mindful of doing that.

bee glad you're back! Plumbing issues - what a pain! So sorry that was going on with trying to get the power back on. And the 2nd house option sounds AWESOME! We would LOVE an outdoor kitchen! That's on our dream list in addition with building a large workout room above our garage. The house your hubby found has SO MUCH! It DOES sound like a fun house! I want to come over! And then we could use horusosiris's gym. So we workout at her gym and play at your house! Keep us posted! It sounds really promising! Hope it works out for you or at least you know if it's the right house for ya'll or not. Oh, glad you did Powerstrike 6 and liked it! What's on the schedule for kickbox Wednesday? I don't have PS 7 but can do a Bodystrikes or a different kickbox. Do you have any Susan Chung kickbox workouts?

lavna good to hear from you! I'm doing alot of stretching too. I can really tell when I don't and it does make a difference.

Waves and hugs to all my fierce Watulan friends!! I hope I didn't accidently miss anyone!! cataddict we'd love to hear from ya! Hope you're doing well!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-21, 07:54 PM  
fanofladyvols

bee a guest house!?

That sounds like a perfect opportunity to have a recording studio for the Fierce Watulans!!

We would all come visit and party like the Rock Stars we are!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-21, 08:06 PM  
ChelePA

Manleym—I was definitely feeling it today from Caroline’s workout yesterday. I had to double up my January challenge which I wasn’t looking forward to since I skipped Friday’s workout. Haha. Twenty minutes of burpees, planks and core was not pretty. I decided to checkout Cathe’s instructor JG kickboxing on YouTube. I was looking for a lighter workout and on preview hers seem to be more intermediate. Of course you can always wear weighted gloves. I chose Cardio Kicks with Standing Abs. She likes a long warm up. It was about 14 minutes for a 33 minute workout. She then says burpee/push up challenge. I was like noooooo after my January challenge. It was only ten reps of each thank goodness. Then she did upper body combos followed by lower body with abs mixed in. It was perfect for a lighter day. Music was very difficult to hear. I’m going to connect to my tv next time to see if that helps. I’m really enjoying all the new YouTube instructors. It’s a nice mix with Cathe. Although I think she will always be my favorite.

Cataddict—hoping all is ok and it’s just the dreaded error. It booted me for a few weeks.

Tags
watulan check-in