Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-17, 02:52 PM  
Nessa

Bellicon cord strength

I recently ordered a 44" classic Bellicon. I am ready to start rebounding again, especially after learning I'm close to having osteoporosis in my hips and rebounding builds bone density. After looking at cord strengths and answering the questions on the Bellicon site.... I was told for my weight of 125 lbs and what I would use it for, I should get the strong cords. After some research and knowing the former rebounding workouts, like G Force and the urban rebounding DVD's I've done, I'm wondering if I don't need the extra strong or even the ultras for the quickness of the bounce. Any advice on this?

“I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11)”
Nessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-17, 02:56 PM  
adrien_73

I weight about 125-130# and I started with the extras. I ended up getting the ultras because I could not keep up with most of my rebounding dvds! I keep a set of extras in my closet in case I want to switch back.

Of course, there is an element of preference. Just thought I would share my experience.
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-17, 03:07 PM  
Nessa

Is the bounce still gentle with the ultras. I have the rebound air now..... I pulled it out after several years and I'm so surprised at how hard the bounce feels now! Maybe it's my age! I never noticed it before!

“I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11)”
Nessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-17, 06:00 PM  
adrien_73

The ultras definitely feel gentler than the Urban Rebounder I used to have.

The bounce does feel "softer" with the extras, but I was so frustrated trying to keep up with my dvds. I am much happier with the ultras!
Old 03-16-17, 06:23 PM  
Jags

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrien_73 View Post
I weight about 125-130# and I started with the extras. I ended up getting the ultras because I could not keep up with most of my rebounding dvds! I keep a set of extras in my closet in case I want to switch back.

Of course, there is an element of preference. Just thought I would share my experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrien_73 View Post
The ultras definitely feel gentler than the Urban Rebounder I used to have.

The bounce does feel "softer" with the extras, but I was so frustrated trying to keep up with my dvds. I am much happier with the ultras!
If you decide you'd like an extra set of Ultras, I have a set in blue that have only been used 4x, at most.
Jags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-17, 07:19 AM  
adrien_73

I just read in another thread that Bellicon bungees are tighter now than they used to be. I have had my ultras for about 4 years so they may be the looser ones. I wish I had known this before I bought a backup set of ultras a month ago...

Jags, thank you for letting me know about your set of ultras. I will have to test out my "newer" ultras and see if they still work for me.
Old 03-16-17, 06:00 PM  
bolieikl
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
I recently ordered a 44" classic Bellicon. I am ready to start rebounding again, especially after learning I'm close to having osteoporosis in my hips and rebounding builds bone density. After looking at cord strengths and answering the questions on the Bellicon site.... I was told for my weight of 125 lbs and what I would use it for, I should get the strong cords. After some research and knowing the former rebounding workouts, like G Force and the urban rebounding DVD's I've done, I'm wondering if I don't need the extra strong or even the ultras for the quickness of the bounce. Any advice on this?
I started out in 2012 with the extra strong, then the ultra. In December I ordered "strong" and I like them much better. I am even tempted to try "mediums". I am around 127 lbs and use my rebounder for all different types of cardio. I may wait a couple of months to see how it goes But I do like the "strong" ones a lot better than the ultra or extra strong!

Linda
bolieikl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bellicon, bellicon cords