Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-03-11, 04:42 PM  
DEEDEE

Peak Fit: Pure Strength 1

Before I even start a review, let me just say there is no way in heck the people on this video are using the same band that was shipped with the system. I tried, I really tried to like that band but at this point, I think the only use it will get is during the stretch workout.

This band is so stiff that my shoulders get worked hard just trying to keep the thing under control. After the one arm rows, my anterior delts were fried and I felt absolutely nothing in the lats. Same with the chest flies, my shoulders got all the work and nothing in the chest.

Michelle works the body in five minute blocks: back, chest then repeat, legs and arms then repeat for a total of 40 minutes of work...not including the warm up and cool down.

She does a variety of exercises that really does fatigue the muscles in a very pleasent way. After the first back and chest segments, I tossed the band aside and used weights instead. The second time around she does add a few twist to keep things interesting but it is mostly the same moves.

You have your standard exercises like squats, lunges, bicep curles, tricep kickbacks but she does add variety. The kickbacks can be done in a plank position, she does a 'stir the pot' move with a weight during a squat segment, she 'fans' the lateral raises into front raises then back into lateral raises and so on.

This was a very good workout, fast paced but not exhausting. There were no cardio segments here so this workout is not as hard at the more cardio intensive workouts but it was a good solid workout and it does what it says, helps to build pure strength.
DEEDEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-11, 04:49 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEDEE View Post
Before I even start a review, let me just say there is no way in heck the people on this video are using the same band that was shipped with the system. I tried, I really tried to like that band but at this point, I think the only use it will get is during the stretch workout. .
I ditched the PFC band and now use the band that I already had that was purchased from performbetter.com, The performbetter band is so much better. I use the one inch band. The band that was shipped with the system is so stiff as to be unbelievable and I am very strong!

Here is the link:

http://www.performbetter.com/detail.aspx?ID=3889
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-11, 04:51 PM  
jaburke66

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEDEE View Post
After the first back and chest segments, I tossed the band aside and used weights instead.
Glad to hear this. I looked at the previews and wondered if you could sub free weights or your own band. I'm pretty interested in the set. Do you like the cardio ones?
Old 07-03-11, 04:52 PM  
jaburke66

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
I ditched the PFC band and now use the band that I already had that was purchased from performbetter.com, The performbetter band is so much better. I use the one inch band. The band that was shipped with the system is so stiff as to be unbelievable and I am very strong!

Here is the link:

http://www.performbetter.com/detail.aspx?ID=3889
EVEN BETTER, thanks!

Tags
michelle dozois, peak fit challenge, peak fit pure strength 1