Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-13, 05:37 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Half a year gone....how did you do with your 2013 resolutions??

Monday July 1st, is the first day of the 2nd half of 2013. So, how did everyone do, so far, with their fitness goals/resolutions for 2013?

I'm sorry to say, that I didn't make any progress in my fitness level or weight loss during the first 6 months of this year. I lacked motivation and commitment, and yes, I was (and still am) very busy at work, but that's just an excuse. I can find 30min/day, everyday to exercise consistently - so, why haven't I?

OK. Starting Monday, I am making a new commitment to workout 5-6 days per week for the next 6 months, and to log my food on MFP everyday in an effort to lose that 25 lbs, which I've been trying to lose for the past 3-4 years.

How did everyone else do so far this year?
Old 06-29-13, 05:51 PM  
bubbles76

Love that cat

I've been doing okay with my resolutions. I resolved to work out 6 days a week, but it's mostly been 5. I have been consistent with it though. And I've been working through my virgin workout collection. I've been staying within my wise buying goals too. So far, I'm happy with my progress. I would like a flatter stomach and firmer legs. Off to start a thread on that one

If you need a checkin buddy Usia, come join us on the Restart and Renew checkin!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-13, 06:02 PM  
Scbayless

I've been doing well. It's been really hard, but I'm really happy to report I've kept up with my work outs, and hardly had to modify despite being now 31 weeks pregnant. Woo! Weight gain has been very good and healthy for this pregnancy as well. I haven't missed a single day (that's six days a week) at 2hrs a day. Wooooo!! *pats self on the back*
Old 06-29-13, 06:11 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

If anyone is having trouble remembering what their goal was, here are some threads where people posted what they were going to do:

Thread 1
Thread 2
Thread 3

I had the really vague, non-defined goal of improving my fitness level. I have taken care of a health issue that has allowed me to do that. Not only has it improved generally, but, with the rotation I'm on now, I'm starting to see the results of my body tightening up and the scale starting to move again.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-13, 06:13 PM  
BunnyHop

I was just thinking about this.

The plans/changes I've made have been sort of overall. Better food choices, less snacking, moving more.

Along the way I've had major trouble sleeping, which tends to undercut all my other plans.

On the plus side, I've learned that I like simple dance-y cardio. Who knew? I would never have thought that, but I did promise myself that I'd keep an open mind and just play a bit, to see what happens. Seems to be a good way to expand your options.

(now if only I had a Bellicon. That, I could play with. Not gonna get a cheaper one, not quite brave enough to get spendy just yet.)
BunnyHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-13, 06:22 PM  
SpiritSong

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritSong View Post
My 2013 goals:

1. Be consistent with my workouts (5-6 days per week). I tend to be great for a while and then take a while off.

2. Work on my posture and flexibility.

3. Lose weight by cutting down on sugar and other empty carbs.

4. No, really. Lose weight. This year.
1. I am still very consistent. Until I'm not. Coming off a break now.

2. Bought posture book and DVD. Worked on it for a while.

3. Actually broke a plateau by cutting down on sugar and carbs. Probably gained the weight back, but plan to start that plan up again on Monday.

4. As per above, lost weight. Temporarily. Plan on focusing on eating and health, not my weight, for the rest of the year. Because I don't have a weight problem. I have an eating problem.
Old 06-29-13, 06:28 PM  
saffron

My resolution was to start losing weight (30lbs) but like you, motivation and commitment were severely lacking - instead I GAINED 10 lbs! ugh!
Well I figured that was about rock bottom for me so two weeks ago I got mad enough to finally implement dietary changes and get in at least 3-4 workouts a week.
So here's to a more successful second half
saffron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-13, 07:10 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I can't remember if I made a resolution. I do know I keep saying I'll do an Ellen rotation, or start to do more intense and longer workouts. I do periodically get them in but not as often as I'd like. I need to make a goal of maybe 3 longer workouts/week beyond my usual CS/Qi Gong/walking routine.

I don't need to lose weight...I could stand to work on my abs. I know that's all about the kitchen, though.

Jackie
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-13, 07:21 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Mmmm, not doing so well with either workout consistency or food choices.

On the plus side, just this past week I fell deeply in love with Yin Yoga from the Ultimate Yogi series and am investigating yin classes in my neighborhood. I can't start classes until August, when I'm done with my planned summer travel, but it's nice to have a new fitness interest which might help with my consistency.
Old 06-29-13, 09:11 PM  
BunnyHop

Oh, you know, another thing I've done well on this year is basic self care.

I've done a lot of learning about things like qi gong, massage (foam rollers and rubber ball), and just releasing tension.

For me, a workout that's full of really good stretches? A perfectly good use of my workout time, because I've found that I'll carry the memory of that relaxation/release/movement with me through the day, and just loosen up.

One thing that seems to be true for me so far? I'm more comfortable in my own skin. I'd fallen into a rut of tension and obliviousness, losing touch with a lot of the tension and stress I'd been carrying around, not moving freely or easily, but not really noticing. The extra awareness has really been beneficial in helping me keep moving.

Small steps, perhaps, but moving.
BunnyHop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
goals, resolutions