Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-14-20, 02:46 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I’m really into “Trial & Retribution” on Acorn. DH and I recently watched Agatha Christie’s “And Then There Were None” mini series & we both enjoyed it.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-20, 06:05 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

anyone across the pond watch Julian Fellowes' Belgravia? it's set to air next month in the US. i watched the clip, and it is like his Downton Abbey, except with different characters. i was hoping his Gilded Age would have premiered first, but i learned that they had just changed networks.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-20, 06:33 PM  
Carol K

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
anyone across the pond watch Julian Fellowes' Belgravia? it's set to air next month in the US. i watched the clip, and it is like his Downton Abbey, except with different characters. i was hoping his Gilded Age would have premiered first, but i learned that they had just changed networks.
I would like to watch both of them, but they will both be on cable and I have an antenna. I read the Belgravia novel and it was really good.
Old 08-11-20, 04:10 PM  
videofit

Finished all five seasons of Auf Wiedersehen Pet which I'd never heard of. Great cast! I developed a crush on Jimmy Nail, one of them, who has a face like an old boot but a voice like an angel, and am finishing up watching a series he created, wrote, and starred in, Crocodile Shoes. About a northern lad seeking fame and fortune in the music industry. Plot twists!
Old 08-11-20, 06:48 PM  
ronnee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercat View Post
Reviving an older thread again I've been watching Taskmaster on YouTube and it has been a great respite from all the anxiety and overwrought media coverage lately.

In each episode five comedians are given several ridiculous tasks to complete, i.e. eat as much watermelon as possible in one minute or paint a picture of a horse while riding a horse, and then the host judges the results. It's extremely funny and there are 4 series of full episodes available on YouTube (5-7 eps per series).
This show has kept us laughing through COVID hell. So good!

I also love The Split. Sadly only 2 seasons so far with 6 episodes each. I want more!
ronnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-20, 06:59 PM  
Carol K

I'm almost finished rewatching the first three seasons of Last Tango in Halifax in preparation for a new season premiering in September.
Old 08-12-20, 09:10 AM  
aquakat

Acorn has a new original show out called "The Other One." I watched the first episode last night and loved it! Very funny.
aquakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-20, 05:30 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercat View Post
Reviving an older thread again I've been watching Taskmaster on YouTube and it has been a great respite from all the anxiety and overwrought media coverage lately.

In each episode five comedians are given several ridiculous tasks to complete, i.e. eat as much watermelon as possible in one minute or paint a picture of a horse while riding a horse, and then the host judges the results. It's extremely funny and there are 4 series of full episodes available on YouTube (5-7 eps per series).
I had never heard of this series and looked it up on YT. This is something my dh and I can watch together; it sounds like something we'll both enjoy! Thanks for the recommendation!!!
Old 08-13-20, 05:07 PM  
rykram

I mentioned this in another thread but I love Line of Duty on BritBox. It is so good!
rykram is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
binge watch, binge-watching, british tv shows, favorite british tv shows, favorite tv shows