Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-30-21, 04:39 PM  
ncl

workout bra recommendations?

Hi ladies. I need to buy some new workout bras and am looking for recommendations. I am a full C and need some support for high impact activities.

I tend to not like moulded, wired type bras. The ones I reach for over and over are my old Carushka bras (before they closed and reopened long ago) that are one piece, cotton plus lycra and those are the ones that wearing out fast now. I have some from Title Nine that I like far less that have adjustable straps and moulded cups and I find I never wear them unless absolutely desperate as they are not comfortable. In addition, I would love to NOT spend 60 bucks a bra.

Any ideas? What are your favorite workout bras?
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-21, 07:53 PM  
star117

Someone recommended jc Penney xertion bras on another thread. I just now ordered 4, so hope they fit and I like them!
star117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-21, 10:36 AM  
ncl

Thanks Star117. Have you gotten these? What do you think? I ordered a few as well.

Also wondering if anyone else has recommendations. I am looking at the more expensive Handful bras and wonder also if anyone has tried those.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-21, 11:03 AM  
Jo FitFan
VF Supporter

Hi. I've been happy with Champion sports bras these last years. I'm currently using the first style they show here, it fastens in the back with adjustable straps like a non-workout bra, I feel like I'm getting good support without being squished. Prices are reasonable, lots of style options. They're available at Kohl's (which often has great sales).

https://www.champion.com/women/sport...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

(Hopefully this link works, I tried to add a short link but it didn't take)
Jo FitFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-21, 08:31 PM  
bfit

I have also liked Champion sports bras over the years. You used to be able to get them quite inexpensively at Costco, but I don't know if that is still the case. Hanes (the underwear company) used to have fairly decent sports bras also that were not too expensive, but it's been a long time since I've ordered from them. Title 9 has great sports bras, but they are expensive. The ones I have from Title 9 have lasted forever though.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-21, 11:34 PM  
Vantreesta

Is it just me or does it seem like inexpensive bras for high impact are hard to find unless you're full-figured? I don't want a zipper or a regular bra closure, just a pullover type.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-21, 09:37 AM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Is it just me or does it seem like inexpensive bras for high impact are hard to find unless you're full-figured? I don't want a zipper or a regular bra closure, just a pullover type.
That's what I like too, and I like the look of these (but haven't ordered because I don't actually need any yet): https://www.senitaathletics.com/collections/sports-bras

I also like this cute one that I bought from Mary: https://oriactive.com/collections/br...removable-cups
I wear it without the removable cups.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-21, 09:45 AM  
star117

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncl View Post
Thanks Star117. Have you gotten these? What do you think? I ordered a few as well.

Also wondering if anyone else has recommendations. I am looking at the more expensive Handful bras and wonder also if anyone has tried those.
they've shipped, but will not get here until later next week.
star117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-21, 10:12 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
That's what I like too, and I like the look of these (but haven't ordered because I don't actually need any yet): https://www.senitaathletics.com/collections/sports-bras

I also like this cute one that I bought from Mary: https://oriactive.com/collections/br...removable-cups
I wear it without the removable cups.
Thanks for the links, Laura. And the reminder that Mary sells clothes! I looked at several in the first link and the ones I chose all say medium support. Since I gained weight and the girls got bigger I was hoping for more support. Or maybe my current bras are just old and not providing what they used to?
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-21, 06:26 PM  
laurajhawk

I agree that the ones I have from her are medium support. I'm a B cup and medium support works with most any workout for me.

Remember, it IS Mary. She's great about returns.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bras, sports bra, sports bras