Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-04-16, 07:09 AM  
antbuko

Eff this stupid show. Eff Negan/Nagen whatever his name is. Liked him much better when he was the wishy washy dead boyfriend on Greys Anatomy. Don't give 2 sh***s who he clobbered.
Old 04-04-16, 07:51 AM  
pattyd0319

If Negan's group was this big, how come Jesus didn't know since the hilltop encountered them previously or warn Rick's group against attacking them if he did know? I think they want us to think it was Darryl since they had him on Talking Dead but it's probably Abraham or Eugene. Especially now that Eugene gave the recipe for making bullets to Rick that removes the reason to keep him.
pattyd0319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-16, 07:57 AM  
Pie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodie View Post
I don't know - I wasn't pleased dwith the cliffhanger, but letting us know who it was might have been too much for a 4-6 month break. This way we have a reason to come back. Knowing who it was sort of closes things up and makes it easy to turn away.

I enjoyed thinking about who it might have been and studying the angle that Negan was standing. I was also listening for clues. For instance, Neegan said you can blink and you can cry but no screaming or whatever. Then he ordered someone to cut Carl's eye out and feed it to Rick if something happens and then they can continue. I love that he is crazy like that. but that also tells me that neither Rick nor Carl were chosen. I want to watch again to see who else I can cross off. The sound effects, to me, were awesome - thoroughly nasty and made worse because we couldn't tell who was feeling Lucille. There are women crying in the background...

I thought the episode moved slowly but I enjoyed the build to be honest. I think they could have discussed a little more about why everyone had to get in the caravan to take her and, thus, leaving Alexandria in the hands of the priest who has in no way proven himself capable of watching the joint - that was an error in my opinion. I also am just not digging what is happening with Carol. Just not sure I understand what is going on with her. It seems like a psychotic break that none of these characters can afford to have.

I don't feel like the group reacted well enough to seeing Michone's hair in the walker's head. Those locks were pulled out from the root - that means people in their crew have been hurt badly. I understand that they want to get Maggie to a doc but for that to be the singular focus after the roadblock felt like a missed opportunity for an emotional response.

So yeah, I see flaws in this episode, but I still enjoyed it for what it was,. And the actor that plays Neegan is serious eye candy. He is on The Good Wife right now too if you want to gt your fill while Dead is on hiatus! LOL! Maybe they should have dirtied him up a bit.

I see Fear the Walking Dead as a separate show and I love it as well. I also love Flight 462. I think the writing has been very good all through these. LOL - maybe I like zombies more than I thought I did!
Woodie, I could have written almost your entire post. I thoroughly enjoyed this episode way more than the "happy go lucky" episodes. I would imagine in a zombie apocalypse era, there are very few happy times. No light at the end of the tunnel. And, definitely not a time to purposely get pregnant. This is not the world to bring a child into.

That being said, I thought the acting, music and sound effects were phenomenal. I'm almost more satisfied not knowing who received Lucille but trying to figure it out. I'm really happy that it wasn't Rick or Carl. They did at least give us that much. I'm excited for the new season. Too bad, I'll have to wait 6 months....

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-16, 08:02 AM  
woodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyd0319 View Post
If Negan's group was this big, how come Jesus didn't know since the hilltop encountered them previously or warn Rick's group against attacking them if he did know?
Good point. I never trusted this Jesus character, so I am not surprised. Perhaps he is in cahoots with Neegan's gang.

New Butisattva

woodie
woodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-16, 09:43 AM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Good point. I never trusted this Jesus character, so I am not surprised. Perhaps he is in cahoots with Neegan's gang.
I don't trust Jesus either (somehow typing that seems wrong, LOL!).

Does anybody know who the guys with the horses might be? I'd suspect that it would take a lot of work to keep horses healthy (and alive) in the midst of a zombie apocalypse. Here's hoping they're saner and less violent than these other fools.

This show needs to move beyond homicidal lunatics already.
Old 04-04-16, 09:48 AM  
carres1973

Bunnyhop, woodie, and Patty - agree about Jesus. I know in the comics he is a "good guy" and in the show did warn Rick's group that Negan is unlike anyone they have ever faced. However, a little more in the way of SPECIFICS would have been helpful!!

Bunnyhop - the prevailing theory is the dudes in padding/armor are part of another survival group "The Kingdom", lead by a dude named Ezekiel (who has a pet tiger :-)!!).

On that - they are in the greater D.C. area...I have been to that area several times. It seems they would have run into the Saviors WAAAAAAAAY more and WAAAAAAAY sooner. I mean, Alexandria never had any issues with them and then all of a sudden, there they are. HUH??!!

Thanks,
Carrie
carres1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-16, 09:49 AM  
leigh1673

Quote:
I don't know - I wasn't pleased dwith the cliffhanger, but letting us know who it was might have been too much for a 4-6 month break. This way we have a reason to come back. Knowing who it was sort of closes things up and makes it easy to turn away.

I enjoyed thinking about who it might have been and studying the angle that Negan was standing. I was also listening for clues. For instance, Neegan said you can blink and you can cry but no screaming or whatever. Then he ordered someone to cut Carl's eye out and feed it to Rick if something happens and then they can continue. I love that he is crazy like that. but that also tells me that neither Rick nor Carl were chosen. I want to watch again to see who else I can cross off. The sound effects, to me, were awesome - thoroughly nasty and made worse because we couldn't tell who was feeling Lucille. There are women crying in the background...

I thought the episode moved slowly but I enjoyed the build to be honest. I think they could have discussed a little more about why everyone had to get in the caravan to take her and, thus, leaving Alexandria in the hands of the priest who has in no way proven himself capable of watching the joint - that was an error in my opinion. I also am just not digging what is happening with Carol. Just not sure I understand what is going on with her. It seems like a psychotic break that none of these characters can afford to have.

I don't feel like the group reacted well enough to seeing Michone's hair in the walker's head. Those locks were pulled out from the root - that means people in their crew have been hurt badly. I understand that they want to get Maggie to a doc but for that to be the singular focus after the roadblock felt like a missed opportunity for an emotional response.

So yeah, I see flaws in this episode, but I still enjoyed it for what it was,. And the actor that plays Neegan is serious eye candy. He is on The Good Wife right now too if you want to gt your fill while Dead is on hiatus! LOL! Maybe they should have dirtied him up a bit.

I see Fear the Walking Dead as a separate show and I love it as well. I also love Flight 462. I think the writing has been very good all through these. LOL - maybe I like zombies more than I thought I did!
I agree with your post, too. Good insights! I guess I'm having a hard time understanding the vitriol for this episode (I don't mean here--I'm talking all over the interwebs!).

I know a lot of people are complaining about "the cliffhanger" but I just don't see how knowing for certain that it was Eugene... or Glen ... or Michonne ... or whoever ... who was on the wrong end of Lucille would have made people happier??

Personally I thought it was a pretty great episode. I mean, terrible because I don't want any of Rick's group to die - and it seemed inevitable that one of the would. But great in that it was tense and believable and had some great performances. Including Rick/Andrew Lincoln. I thought he was amazing.

And speaking of great performances: Negan. Ah yes, I am feeling confused about him. I mean, I hate him because he's out to hurt our people. But, on the other hand, he's quite sexy. Damn Jeffrey Dean Morgan has - like a fine wine - gotten even better with age!
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-16, 10:27 AM  
woodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh1673 View Post
But, on the other hand, he's quite sexy. Damn Jeffrey Dean Morgan has - like a fine wine - gotten even better with age!
Well said. Makes it really hard to hate him!

New Butisattva

woodie
woodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-16, 11:53 AM  
T2B

To me, the finale was a big f you to the viewing audience. After that debacle of having us believe Glenn was dead, and the stupid way he supposedly got out of that predicament, they sold that to us as wanting us to experience the loss the same as it would feel for Maggie or some such b.s. Mind you the way Glenn got out of that mess was shown after they had time to read the reactions from fans. To then decide a 6 month cliffhanger was the way to go amazes me.

The problem with this show is #1 having Robert Kirkman have the final say on how closely they stick to the comic books (this is what I think). The writing is not that great, the characters are not fleshed out. We have great actors on this show so they are wasting their talents as well. We have a few good scenes written for the women (mostly Carol) but overall the writing for women is terrible. I feel like they are just cutting from one comic strip panel to another. The show was much better when Darabont was the frontrunner. The more I hear about the lawsuit that Darabont has against AMC the more negative I feel about this show and the way the actors are treated. TWD makes a lot of money for the network but instead of paying the actors their worth or hiring decent writing staff, they use the profits to fund other shows, that have better budgets. That's bs too.

The actors do a good job with what they're given. I've watched Jeffrey Dean Morgan on Extant and The Good Wife. I like him as an actor.

I refuse to believe that everyone left in the world is just pure evil. I know they wanted us to agree that Rick was being too cocky and sure about his decision so they can destroy him AGAIN. To justify the finale they then have Carol, Daryl, Denise, Glenn, Michonne, and even Gabriel, make out of character stupid decisions so that everything is in place for the finale. Why not develop those relationships ?. I personally love the talking episodes when we find out what brought them to where they currently are in thoughts/actions.

We all know the moment when a show jumps the shark (or dumpster) for us personally. I think my moment was the Glenn debacle. I'll probably watch the show to see what happens but it won't be on my Sunday night must see list.

Also I wonder if they filmed a different ending where Glenn was actually killed but they are now backtracking because of how we reacted to the dumpster mess? Why would the actors say they were sick to their stomach, late the next day for work and just heartbroken?

The best part of the night was the Cookie Monster commercial. I laughed out loud when they showed that about 32 seconds had gone by from the first time Cookie Monster asked Siri to set the timer.

Ladies, it's been fun chatting with you about TWD and FTWD.

P.S. I just noticed that there is another thread that has been locked already. I'll read it later.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-16, 12:01 PM  
Stephanie_B

Quote:
Well said. Makes it really hard to hate him!
Yes indeed.

I dunno. I guess having lots of nerdy friends into graphic novels, it's kinda how it is...suspense and wait a year (or so it seems to me because even as a teen I couldn't get into comics).

It's weird insofar as violence, maybe it's because of my history with my bio mom and her family, coupled with the news (which I rarely watch anymore) but the violence between people seems on par with what I would expect, again considering my history. Honestly IRL I would think Shane would have killed Rick from the beginning and witnesses.

That said, I don't expect much from TV. Every single show IMO is soap opera like without stand alone episodes, save for I suppose comedies (I'm guessing don't watch tons) and everything else is "reality". I am a scifi nerd and it's been probably fifteen years since a "can't miss" sci fi has been on.

So I settle for TWD, The Strain, and documentaries with a few things like Blackish and Modern Family.

I'll just enjoy my Sundays with Jeffrey and the gang, until it's cancelled and hopefully wraps up....unless there's a major shark jump for me. Then it's back to reading or watching something I've not seen like Mad Men or Justified...I dunno what LOL.

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Stephanie_B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
favorite tv shows, fear the walking dead, ftwd, the walking dead, twd