Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-22-15, 08:15 PM  
Hilary

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Nothing to add, except I like Hilary's picture. Very pretty!
Aren't you a sweetie? Now that I'm old enough for Social Security, I have to work harder on the facade LOL! Working out definitely helps.
Hilary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-15, 09:23 PM  
Lisa C
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkletoes View Post
Please remember to post reviews in the Review section too! (especially for Metabolic Total Body )
Yes please. All of the workouts are in the system now:

http://www.videofitness.com/reviewsd...&submit=Search

(You do have to register to write reviews. Being a user in the forum is not the same.)
Old 12-22-15, 09:32 PM  
Lisa C
VF Supporter

I have done 3 workouts so far but had some technical difficulties, so I am only reporting on Chiseled Upper Body so far.

I loved it. It will probably be the workout I use the most from the series because it is the most different from her other workouts.

My full review is here.
Old 12-22-15, 09:52 PM  
isebelleg44

Today was supposed to be a rest day, but decided to pull out To the Mat this evening. It was very low key and definitely intermediate. Cathe offered some verbal modifications, but Amanda didn't show any. There were some moves that offered a little bit of challenge, but it wasn't super high rep, so it was doable.

I liked this workout, but didn't love it. Then again, I am not fond of floor work. I can see it being great for a low key workout, as it was all on the floor.

I also did Icy Core 2, but found that the core was worked nicely in To the Mat.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-15, 10:10 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

Is the On Demand still $20 a month? Might be worth a month or two just to try these new workouts. Plus, I've read some interesting reviews of her live stuff.

And Hilary's pic is very lovely.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-15, 10:12 PM  
andtckrtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnO View Post
Is the On Demand still $20 a month? Might be worth a month or two just to try these new workouts. Plus, I've read some interesting reviews of her live stuff.

And Hilary's pic is very lovely.
Yep - and super easy to start and stop.
Old 12-23-15, 09:03 AM  
pattyd0319

I did Bootcamp Circuit last night and I consider it 'challenging intermediate' if that makes senses. If you compare this workout to the ones in her HIIT series, this is doable while the circuit ones in those leave you gasping. This one is achievable when you are actually doing it. Just as it starts to feel tough, it ends and you still feel like you pushed yourself a bit.

I had a hysterectomy in October and haven't cycled up my intensity in my workouts just yet and this was perfect for pushing it without killing myself. I really liked that she mixed cardio with traditional weight moves and hit every body part. There were not any combo, metabolic moves that she does in much of her other circuit and metabolic workouts. Some of the cardio segments have advanced moves and Amanda does a decent job of modifying. You can also use a lower step which I did so that even with the impact, it was doable for me. This is a new favorite for me.
pattyd0319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-15, 09:20 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyd0319 View Post
Just as it starts to feel tough, it ends and you still feel like you pushed yourself a bit.
That says EXACTLY my feelings about Chiseled Upper and Low Impact Sweat. In most other Cathe series, as soon as my muscles are edging towards failure or I'm gasping, Cathe chirps out "Sixteen more!" and she and Jai and Amanda jump higher/squat deeper/keep lifting that dumbbell and I...struggle. In this series, I can hang with Cathe and even go a little harder.
Old 12-23-15, 09:57 AM  
jordan

Since my DVDs were stuck at the Post Office, I was actually thinking about doing a beginner rotation because I have been out of commission for a while. But, my DVDs showed up yesterday . I decided to do the level one rotation.

I would not have chosen to start with Rock'm Sock'm because as much as I like Cathe's early KB inspired workouts I haven't been able to fall in [lasting] luv with her recent KB workouts.

This was the first workout in the rotation so I started with it and it was a really good start for me. The thrill is back and my first impression is this is my favorite since KPC . The workout felt neither beginner nor advanced to me; I felt it was a solid intermediate workout. For my current level of fitness, I got a good workout. I did modify a couple of the jumping jack moves. I didn't love or hate the music and the production was good. Can't wait to try the premixes. I can see where I can grow with this series of workouts (and hopefully get back to my previous level of fitness).

jordan
jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-15, 09:58 AM  
andtckrtoo

I agree with Jordan and AThompson - I can still do the more intense series, but I feel beaten up after. These leave me feeling just right. I'm so happy to have this series and Cathe Live (which are very similar).

Tags
cathe, cathe ice series, flex train, ice, ice reviews, peripheral heart action