Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-12, 08:46 AM  
Jewels5

This is so very sad. Unfortunately I have never done any of his workouts, only knew of his name. My heart goes out to his family and loved ones, including all of you here who were so touched by him. May he rest in peace.
Jewels5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-12, 09:01 AM  
trishthedish

This is just so sad. He seemed like such a great person and his workouts were definitely some of my favorites. No other workout has ever left me with such an amazing feeling the way CC workouts do. I don't consider myself a runner, but with CC workouts, I always felt like a runner. I felt invincible and I know it was all because of Sean. I will treasure CC workouts forever. May Sean RIP.
Old 03-27-12, 09:04 AM  
acey

I don't usually cry when I hear of a famous or well-known industry figure dying, but I'm crying now.
Old 03-27-12, 09:09 AM  
Castella

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramonam View Post
Having lost my 48 yr old brother six months after his diagnosis from cancer, I had a number of people that asked what happened. As it was such a shock to me, I understood that it was a shock to them, as well. I think it depends upon the intent of the inquiry.

In this case, since the questions remain, I respect the family's desire for privacy. What I do take a away for myself is this:

If illness took someone like Sean, then it inspires me to be healthier myself.

If an accident took someone like Sean, then be sure to value each day and the people in it.

If sadness took someone like Sean, then remember even those who shine the strongest and give the most sometimes need the strength of others.
Now I'm crying, and I had made it dry-eyed so far.
Castella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-12, 09:13 AM  
GeekyGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
I am at work with tears in my eyes. What a wonderful tribute!
Same here! I don't reach for my CC workouts very often, but the short dealing I had with Coach Sean when ordering the workouts years ago left an impression on me of the kind and caring person he was.
GeekyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-12, 09:44 AM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

How tragic when someone so young and vibrant passes away. I never used his CD's much, but I have several of them, and have read a lot about others' dealings with him. He seemed like such a kind and generous soul. Condolences to his family and loved ones.

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-12, 10:31 AM  
caligurl

in the last post where i posted the link for the funeral home's obituary... if you click on that link, there is a guest book that you can "sign" and post your thoughts for the family..... also links to send a card or flowers...

here's the link again:

http://boyntonmemorial.com/fh/obitua...20&fh_id=11251

and here's the link directly to sean's guestbook:

http://boyntonmemorial.com/fh/obitua...20&fh_id=11251
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-12, 11:47 AM  
Shelbygirl

So so sad. I think it's going to be tough to do Sean's workouts for a while, but down the road I think it will be very comforting to hear his wonderful voice.

Cardio Coach was my saviour after a bad back injury. Instread of focusing on what I could no longer do, Sean (via Cardio Coach) taught me to focus on what I could do.

I never actually spoke directly with Sean, but he went on every vacation with my husband and myself... Mexico, Italy, France, numerous cruises. To this day, I can't do a cardio workout in a foreign gym (or any gym, really) without Sean.

I will miss him but I am grateful I will get to listen to him whenever I want.

Shelbygirl
Shelbygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-12, 11:57 AM  
rockette
VF Supporter

Oh no!
Old 03-27-12, 12:16 PM  
roleez
VF Supporter

Wow , I saw the tribute thread before I saw this one & wondered why we were doing a tribute to him. He was such a young guy, I figured there was no way he had passed. How very sad I didn't use his workouts myself but did purchase them for our store & had conversed with him a couple of times. He seemed to be such a nice guy & from everything I have read on this thread alone, went way above & beyond for so many people. How sad!!!

Tags
cardio coach, coach sean, sean o'malley