Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-29-21, 11:14 AM  
JBliff

Total Max Mixers - Week of August 29

Hi everyone. My workout yesterday was ICE Bootcamp +blizzard blast premix.

I can't believe Louisiana is going to be hit with another hurricane on the anniversary of Katrina. I feel so bad for the people there.

Waves to all.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-21, 12:13 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Jbliff I feel really bad for the people of Louisiana too. And on the anniversary of Katrina! And I think a lot of people were not able to evacuate because it all happened so fast.

Yesterday a group of us had a celebratory run to send off our dear friend Judi, who is moving to Virginia to be closer to grandkids. We ran 7 miles and then celebrated with Mimosas at the end. I will miss her dearly as we have run together for years. But she has one son who still lives here so she will be visiting.

Hey friends, I want to do a little agility training using a Cathe DVD. It can be step
or floor. Does not have to be high impact or intense cardio. But I am working on increasing foot turnover for running and speed/agility training is recommended. I think it is good for your brain too. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Hope everyone is doing well.
karjoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-21, 12:22 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Just caught up with some posts. Vannie I am glad to hear from you. Gosh that sounds like a terrible storm and I’m glad you pulled off the road to be safe. How much does having company change your workout routine? Does your Dad get up early or sleep in a bit?

Cher did you say carrot cake? Yum. My DH calls it vegetable cake because it has carrots in it and he feels a little virtuous eating it! I think it’s really the cream cheese frosting he likes. I am sorry about your friend having to be hospitalized.
Fingers crossed. I was only in NC for a couple days.

Jbliff thanks for starting us. Waves to Gibbee.
Old 08-30-21, 07:56 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was 50 minutes on the elliptical and about 15 minutes of stretching on my own.

Karjoy - One workout that comes to mind is 4DS Bootcamp. It has a number of agility drills. Carrot cake is my favorite cake! That's nice you'll be seeing your friend Judy once she moves.

Waves to all. Have a good day.
Old 08-30-21, 09:59 AM  
Vantreesta

Karen, my dad gets up and goes to bed around the same time I do. Hoping to get my workout done tmrw before he gets here. Wed is a crosstraining day so thinking maybe he'll be up for an easy hike for that and then Thursday is just a 2 mile run so that won't take much time. He has to leave Friday morning so I can do my 3 mile run after he leaves. Probably a good thing to do then since I'm sad he has to go!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-21, 10:02 AM  
Vantreesta

Just looked back a little at last week. Cheryl, I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL. It is so hard to watch that decline. Praying for her as well as your friend who was hospitalized.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-21, 08:08 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Drive by: 5 mile run this am. Vannie it’s good that you can get in at least a few workouts while your Dad is here.
Old 08-31-21, 05:49 AM  
Cher

No workout Sunday. Yesterday was LITE PHA 2 TS #1 premix (3 of the 4 rounds). Also about a 20 minute bike ride in the evening.

JBliff - Thanks for starting us off for the week.

Karen - That’s nice at least your friend will be back to visit. I agree with JBliff about 4DS Bootcamp. It has some agility drills in that one. My friend with Covid was sent home the next morning on 2L of oxygen so I think she’s still doing okay. Now, I heard from my mom that someone said her DH started getting sick on Thursday. He has different symptoms so not sure it’s Covid but my guess is that it is.

Vannie - (Hugs) I know it has to be hard when your dad leaves.

I had to make 2 carrot cakes within 3 days!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-21, 01:26 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was LITE Body Weight & Bands + calorie crush premix + extended stretch.

Cher - Glad to hear your friend did well enough to get sent home but too bad her DH got sick. It''s not surprising though, right?

Vannie - That's nice you are spending time with your dad.

Karjoy - Any rain your way? We're supposed to get a bunch of rain from Ida with a flood watch.

Waves to all. Have a good day.
Old 09-01-21, 07:50 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. I ran just 2 miles this am. Yesterday ran 3 and went to Burn for legs. They always have the best leg workouts. Here’s a devilishly simple one that works
most leg muscles it seems to me: put a firewalker band around your ankles and lie on your stomach. Then do leg pulses outward with your legs about shoulder width apart. Next try to raise your legs off the floor a few inches and just hold your legs apart with tension against the band. Devilishly effective.

Chef and Jbliff thanks for the suggestion for 4 Day Split. I have it streaming since I have Cathe on Demand streaming so I will check it out.

We had 140 Covid patients in our hospital yesterday. Down to 137 today due to some deaths. About 40 % of them are critically ill, 47 patients, which is astonishing and deeply saddening.

Waves to Vannie and Gibbee. Saw the sunshinef for the first time in a few days today.