Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-21, 08:02 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

5.5 mile run this am. A lot of the friends I run with now have to run at an ungodly hour, 5am with kids going to school, and I’m just not up for that right now. Usually we get together on the weekend though.

I am looking forward to next week as I am taking some vacation.

Hope everyone is ok. Off to watch that 4 Day Split speed/agility section.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-21, 09:36 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. Sorry I haven't posted for a couple of days but I had a minor surgical procedure and am not supposed to do anything strenuous for a few days.

Karjoy - So sad to hear about the COVID patients in your practice. Sadder still that it is avoidable. I saw today that we have the highest number of cases now since January.

Our weather is spectacular for the next couple of days. I need to go out for a gentle walk today or tomorrow.

Waves to all. Have a good day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-21, 04:44 AM  
Cher

Just popping in to say hello. Exercise has been only hour walks outside and bike rides. I really need to do a weight workout but can’t talk myself into going in the basement to do it when it’s so nice outside.

Heading up to the cabin this morning. Back to chat on Tuesday.

Have a great weekend!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-21, 08:30 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was Body Weight & Bands + 20 minute on the elliptical.

Cher - Have fun at the cabin and enjoy the long weekend.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-21, 12:12 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Hi, all!

Cher:Have fun at the cabin!

Karen:DD came home yesterday from Orlando. They had a great time, although DD complained about the heat and humidity. Child - you should have been here...it was hot and muggy here, too.

Vannie: Sounds like you enjoyed your time with your dad. So happy for you!

JBliff: How is your wrist doing? Caroline's workouts look tough, but it depends on what weight you lift and how slow/fast you do it. I have to say it is refreshing - although I skip her HIIT workouts because I'm not a burpee girl. LOL!
Here is my favorite (to date) full body workout from her... compound lifts. Plus unlike others she lists all of the exercises in the video description so you can plan better: 30 Min FULL BODY DUMBBELL WORKOUT at Home | Muscle Building
https://youtu.be/GViX8riaHX4

Check in: workouts are hit or miss. I am still enjoying Rick Bhullar's walks and sometimes that is all I will do.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-21, 07:04 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. Went to Burn Boot Camp today for total body strength which was very good. We did things like walking lunges with biceps curls, suitcase deadlifts with kettlebells, a weird rope climb thingie where you sit back on the floor on a mat, lean back and pull yourself up to standing with your arms. It was not really a rope
But a cable kind off thing. Then I ran 2.25 miles. It was a hair cooler!

Cher enjoy your time outside! Soon enough you won’t be able to go out much. I think it’s great you’re spending time outside soaking up sun and nature. Have fun at the cabin.

Jbliff glad your procedure went fine and you can gently exercise. What a blessing for the nice weather.

Gibbee not only does Orlando have heat and humidity but the theme parks have almost no shade. There’s a lot of pavement so it can be brutal. Floridians often hit the parks in the morning, leave at lunch, take a nap at the hotel, and head back in the evening. I will check out that link.

Hi Vannie!
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote