Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-15-20, 04:05 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

9/15 - 2.5 mile dog walk this morning. I started several YT workouts, including Day 12 with Pahla. I can only do Pahla a few days and then I need a break. I finally did BodyFit by Amy, a 20 minute full body workout and then a Pilates Strong Day1: Pilates for a Strong Core. I liked them both, but I'll have to try a few of Amy's before I make a final judgement. I generally don't care for Pilates, but this one was doable, gentle and I really liked the instructor. I will try to continue with day 2 tomorrow.

Pam - I hope your air quality is improving. Seeing the devastation on the news is heartbreaking and scary. I'll have to try Pahla's rebounding w/o. She does talk way too much!

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-20, 11:30 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

A quick fly by post, DH is cooking up a lovely halibut & shrimp dinner for our anniversary.

The air quality is a bit better, but still not good, hoping for more improvement tomorrow.

Sept 15:
~Essentrics class on zoom
~WOW: 20 min Bon Jovi Arm Burner - This was not really an arm burner TBH, but it sure was a lot of fun.
~10 Minute Standing Yoga Stretch & Flow (YT)
~8300 steps - I’ll sure be glad when I can get back to walking outside!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-20, 07:22 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Pam - Happy Anniversary! Glad to hear your air is clearing up a little.

9/16 - Day 2 of Pilates Strong, I don't remember what the focus was. She does these on a beach and I am really enjoying them, even though I am not a Pilates person. 30 min. Advanced Beginner Ride with Christine. I liked this a lot, since I didn't feel like pushing too hard. It was just enough and her message throughout the workout was very encouraging. Then a 5 min. Post Ride Stretch with Jenn. Our usual dog walk.

Old 09-17-20, 08:16 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Sept 16:
~neighbourhood walk....yay, so nice to be outside!
~20 min rebounding
~Headstand practice & Yamuna’s stretch
~12,000 steps

Sept 17:
~Taught Essentrics - first time indoors, only 2 students so lots of room to distance
~30 min rebounding
~Yamuna’s stretch
~8500 steps

The air quality is slowly improving. Thankfully you can’t smell it like you could a few days ago or maybe we’ve just gotten used to it. The visibility is better and the sun has tried to poke through a few times. We’ve had some rain, but hoping for more. I remain thankful we aren’t in a fire zone, can’t imagine how horrible it is in Oregon and California

Lili - Forgot to tell you how much I love your avatar! Pilates Strong sounds interesting. Is it on YouTube?

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 09-18-20, 04:15 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking in and running

No time and If I procrastinate too long, won't get the workout in before work. That has happened the last two days. and that's NEVER a good thing with me.

9/14/2020: Rowing - 30 minutes, Power Zone Endurance Matt's 45 minutes, PRS

9/15/2020: Rowing - 20 minutes, Christine's 60 minute Power zone Endurance**, PRS

9/16/2020: Power Zone Denis Morton Zone 5 (2 minutes on, 2 minutes off for all of it after the warm up), PRS

9/17/2020: Meditation

** I put on my web based app that shows me how many minutes in which zone to follow along with. The warm up wasn't matching the ride I was doing. Well, turns out I was doing a DIFFERENT ride. good grief. So this one was 60 minutes of steady increase from low zone 2 to upper zone 3. No let off, no rest, no pull back, no recovery. A totally different type of endurance ride than most of the Power Zone endurance ride. It was great for a change of pace and a LOT more difficult (in my opinion). It was not zone 2 then zone 3 then recovery again in zone 2 and zone 3, etc, etc. It was a totally different type of workout. And let me tell you - I was TIRED the next day. So wasn't sure I could do the next workout was mostly zone 5. I didn't do it the morning, so was doing it AFTER work. Let me tell you - I was EXHAUSTED.

This week kinda wiped me out! Hence yesterday was the meditation.

Today? I'm hoping it's back with full steam ahead. About to go hit the rower and the bike and looking at my check in, I need to throw in some treadmill somewhere. As I haven't done much fo that. And probably should get in some sort of weights. Maybe this weekend.

That's it. Waves to all! Rowing is at: 10/18 ... so I better get busy with the last 8 sessions. Only 13 days left this month.

Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-20, 08:09 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Pam - Pilates Strong is on YouTube by Robin Long of This Balanced Life. I'm a little disappointed, since I just looked it up to get her name I found out that it's only a 5 day program. I was hoping for more! Glad that your air quality is improving.
Cleda - You amaze me how hard you push yourself! Great job with your challenge!
Waves to Kay & Helen!

9/17 - Body Project 30 min. High Intensity, Low Impact. Day 3 of Pilates Strong, Posture Focus.
I'm still enjoying both of these programs. Body Project has a paid for platform that I may look into when one of my other streaming sites expires. Meanwhile, they have plenty of free content that work for me.

Old 09-18-20, 09:06 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Sept 18:
~60 min ball Pilates class on zoom
~Barlates Kettlebell HIIT
~Neighborhood walk - Yay, it started raining just as we were walking home! We need it badly!
~WOW: 30 min Killer Queen walk - lots of good music!
~Forward bends & hip openers on my own....
~about to break through 12,000 steps

Air quality continues to improve slowly, hoping the rain will help!

Lili - I’ve done a couple of Robin’s challenges and quite enjoyed them. She’s a good instructor and very likeable. But IIRC, she “opens” up enrolment in her sisterhood a few times a year. Seems an odd way to run a streaming business.
Cleda - You’re an amazon, way to go!

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 09-19-20, 06:31 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking in

Pam: Where did you get that picture of me???? It truly is how I look on the bike. Round and sweaty!!!! Sweat pouring EVERYWHERE. I have a towel, a hankie, and I still drip. Barlates Kettlebells made me giggle. Sounds like an oxymoron. And then when I read WOW ... I read WOW! followed by description. (maybe I need more coffee. Or maybe I need LESS?) Not feeling very amazon-ish this week, that's for sure. Low energy week. But I guess we all have them.

Lili: I get Robin's emails all the time. Have yet to ever participate in any of her streaming classes when she opens them up. Hmmm. I think I tried once a few years ago. Still get the emails though.

Waves to all.

While I'm here:

9/18/2020: Power Zone Endurance ride with Matt (45 minutes) plus a cool down ride (5 minute grateful dead with Denis) and a Post Ride Stretch.

That's it! Time to get busy this a.m. and get a good workout in.
Make it a great day.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-20, 09:02 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Pam - that does seem strange how Robin operates? I had never heard of her, she showed up on my YT feed one day and I took a chance. I hope the rain helped! You had a VERY busy day!
Cleda - still powering through the Power Zone rides!

9/18 - dog walk, 10 minutes on the rebounder, then Day 4 of Pilates Strong. I had planned on doing more, but I had long phone conversations with my 2 older kids that went into my workout time slot. Definitely worth skipping some exercise!

Hope to make up for it today! Have a great weekend!!

Old 09-19-20, 08:24 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Sept 19:
~Trail walk with DH
~25 min rebounding
~Slow Flow yoga class on google drive - I had a 10 class card at the hot yoga studio in Victoria and they converted it to to $. So I bought an on demand class card & still have $ left for another. This class was lovely, just what I needed, & made me realize I need more yoga in my life!
~Steps....approaching 10,000

Finally seeing some definition in the clouds & blue sky peaking through, yay! We can see out across the water to the hills on the far islands between us & the mainland, a huge improvement. I hope this means the fires are coming under control.

Cleda - Lol, you work hard so I’m not surprised those rides are a sweat fest! Yes Barlates and KBs don’t seem to match, lol. But Linda of Barlates puts out some killer workouts and she never gets short of breath while she talks through them, whew. I have quite a few of her downloads, but I’m careful to only buy the ones that are 30 min or less, the long ones have too big a dread factor.

Lili - Talking to your kids definitely takes priority over workout time! I don’t get Robin’s rationale. I guess she wants us to think it’s some sort of privilege to join her “sisterhood”? I do like her, but that’s a bit of a turn off TBH.

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn