Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-08-20, 08:14 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning!! Not much here, I did a lot of housework, stretched and inverted on breaks, and walked around the 'hood with DH in the evening.

They were talking about PB2 at my WW meeting Saturday. I had tried it in the past just as a powder in yogurt or smoothies and didn't see the buzz over it. Someone described how they reconstitute it with less water than suggested so I got a small jar to try again. I liked it good enough spread on toast and it is keeping me full.

Good to see you Cyana. Look at you keeping up your workouts and you got in some great self care hours, too. I'm going to check out your clips!

Good morning Sherry and Pam, and anyone who joins us.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-20, 09:11 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning!

It was a fun but busy few days with family. We’ve had beautiful sunny weather all week.

Sunday:
~Jessica’s Core Control
~Beach time with the kids
~An hour of yin on my own....hip & chest openers, forward bends
~Missed by step goal by a lot but it was a fun day!

Monday:
~SanFran Fitness: Bounce Circuit with Weights
~Neighbourhood walk - 9400 steps total...close but not quite....
~another luxurious hour of yin

Cyana - Thanks for sharing those videos, they made me feel like dancing! We have music going pretty much every evening & we have outdoor speakers on our deck. We’ve eaten dinner out there almost every night since June. Yes our Junie is growing up so fast, she will be in grade 2 this year. And little Miss Moira is 4 already. Regarding the egg muffins....do you have an instant pot? I’ve made egg bites a few times in mine and they pop right out of that silicone thing so easily.

Pat - I had to google PB2, does it taste like real peanut butter?

Sherry - Sorry your knees are acting up. Pumpkin is something I don’t use often TBH. I really don’t bake much. I have made a lasagna with pumpkin in it. It was very good but you couldn’t really taste the pumpkin.

Back later with my workout.....time for some java

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-20, 09:51 AM  
sherry7899

Good morning!

Today is my recovery today, so I did Yoga Upload 20 minute morning flow. I'm not very fond of flow yoga, but I need to do it more often to get used to it.
I may do qi gong or tai chi later.

Pat, I just found canned pumpkin at Aldi this morning. In addition to baking, I use it in a pumpkin chili recipe and a healthier pumpkin pudding recipe made with walnuts, coconut sugar and almond milk. Aldi used to have their own version of PB2, but I am not sure they have it anymore. I did not think it had a strong enough flavor to really taste it.

Cyana, I only made the egg muffins once. I used a recipe from Skinnytaste, and did not have any trouble with the pan. I like Pam's suggestion of using the Instant Pot. I don't have the right pan for that, though. I may try the Skinnytaste version again at some point. I am trying to eat less eggs right now (bloodwork the end of this month). I will look into your music suggestions. Thank you for sharing them!

Pam, I love the idea of outdoor speakers. Your setting sounds so lovely!

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-20, 06:54 PM  
cyana

Mentally preparing myself for a return to work tomorrow morning. Not sure where these four days went, but they flew by. I went to Costco this morning and purchased a set of wax LED candles to use for meditations, sound bath, etc. I can only do a real candle if I shut the cat out of the room, and of course, he wants in immediately when I do that! And LED would be nice if I drifted off to sleep - an extra measure of safety. Maybe I'll even do a "spa bath" one of these days.

I was going to do a live Holden class this afternoon, but it was canceled (argh, after I'd planned my day around it) and now I'm trying to decide whether to do some yoga or qi gong this evening.

Pat - My brother uses the other powered PB option - PB Fit - I think is the name of it. He primarily puts it in his oatmeal. I've mixed up a little bit to dip some apple slices in. It wasn't as good as regular PB, but it wasn't bad, and worked fine as a dip. I could see where it would work well on toast. I bought some Pecan Butter at Costco today.

Pam - Those girls are going to be driving cars and dating boys before we know it!! I have an IP, but not the silicone insert for the egg bites. I may have to check that out. We used to have a screened in back porch and had dinner out there almost every night during nice weather. We also had speakers, and it was nice to be able to listen to music.

Sherry - I'd never had such a problem getting stuff out of muffing tins - and hope that's my "worst ever" experience! A nice cool/chilly evening and some chili sounds good!

I quickly peeked at the Hindley Street County Club web site today: https://www.thehscc.com/about-us . They're a collective of musicians (not your typical band with X number of members). I like Danny Lopresto as a lead - he did really good covers of David Bowie's Young Americans and Into the Night - Benny Mardones.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZuOxyMkHIY https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOHsd-0806A

Happy Listening - I've been working out to my YT tunes with my made up work-outs.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-20, 07:11 AM  
sherry7899

Cyana, thank you! They cover Heart

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KTv3S4KMrxs

I am glad we saw Heart last summer. Who knows when we can see concerts again.

Old 09-09-20, 08:07 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Not a heck of a lot to report. I was very fatigued yesterday, but did push myself to take a 22 minute lunch walk. In the evening I settled for laundry.

Pam - the PB2 tastes like peanut butter but a little "flat." It is popular at WW because 2 TBS is one point as opposed to 6 points for regular. Full disclosure - the peanuts are pressed to remove the oil, powdered and then they a bit of salt and sugar. Here's the NI. Your beach time with the kids sounds too special to care about the step counts.

Cyana - thanks so much for September!!! How I miss that kind of music. I just want to get up and dance. Pecan butter??!! And candles. Looks like my Costco list for this evening just got better. Good luck today MoanEndsday.

Sherry, nice score on the pumpkin. I love pumpkin chili. Good luck with your yoga. I think Sarah Beth has some flows that aren't so punishing.

Wish me luck everyone - I have a two year follow-up DEXA in a couple hours. I'm concerned about three months of COVID slump and not having done any weight bearing exercises. Has it really been two years since the last one?
Old 09-09-20, 05:07 PM  
sherry7899

Pat, how did the DEXA scan go?

Cyana-I hope your return to work went well.

Hi, Pam!

I had planned a longer workout this morning, but I did not get enough sleep. I stayed up watching the special about the origin of MTV which was on until eleven pm. I fell asleep around midnight and woke up about 5:30 am. I found out there had been an earthquake about 45 minutes from us, which is very rare for NJ! My son said he felt it at about 2am. I am shocked I slept through it since I am a VERY light sleeper. We had no damage.

My workout was Team Body Project Low Impact High Intensity, 30 minutes and Yoga Upload for hips and thighs, 15 minutes. I had thought of doing a little dance cardio, but my knees were talking to me after the squats/lunges from the cardio, so that is it for today. I think my body is being shocked by athletic cardio

We are heading to Trader Joe's in a little bit. I hope to find pumpkin butter in stock. It is my favorite pumpkin item from there.

Have a good evening,
Sherry

Old 09-09-20, 11:08 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Yesterday’s workouts:
~Barlates KB Core HIIT - first 15 min until she started with planks.
~10 minute KB standing Abs
~Cardio: 20 min gliding & neighbourhood walk....9400 steps, almost made it!
~45 min of yin on my own

Today’s workouts:
~7km (4.5 mile) woodsy trail walk -10,900 steps
~1 hour+ of yin

I’m trying to stick with KBs once or twice a week. I have 4 KBs right now ranging from 7 to 15 lbs. I found a good deal online for a 20 lb one which I should get next week. I won’t be ready to use it for a while but it was a great price so it will be a goal.

Pat - I hope your dexa scan went well! I can see how the PB2 would be good in a smoothy, but it does sound like it wouldn’t be great reconstituted.

Sherry - An earthquake is rather unnerving! I love Trader Joe’s! It’s always a must visit, along with Penzey’s spices, when we come to the US.

Cyana - I hope work isn’t too crazy for you! I think the boys, cars, and teen thing with June & Moira will give their dad a few grey hairs!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-20, 09:04 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! I wrapped up another "too busy to exercise" couple of days with a 24 minute after dinner walk last night. It's fun to see the map of my walks on the Fitbit app. Including walking around Costco last night, I got almost 8,000 steps which isn't too shabby.

Sherry I saw that MTV bio, it was fun. Thank goodness you had no damage from the earthquake. We've had them in CT. One of them was local. I was standing in the kitchen cooking and suddenly everything shifted and I heard this deep rumbling. Freaky!! You had a good workout, I hope you sleep better tonight.

Pam, good workouts and wow your trail walk sounds sweet. Good time of year for hiking. A 20 pound KB sounds hardcore!!!
Old 09-10-20, 11:23 AM  
sherry7899

Hi,

My body needed recovery today, so I did Morning Yin Yoga from Yoga Ranger. I will try to do qi gong or tai chi later, but they may not get done . I hope to pick up weights tomorrow.

I was very disappointed that Trader Joe's did not have pumpkin butter (the item I called about the night before and was told it would be in) or pumpkin pancake mix. We usually only go there every other week because it's in a pain to get to location. Oh, well. I got a ton of produce, nuts (yikes, they are expensive) and other items we needed. I wanted to buy hemp seeds to add to smoothies, but they are $5.99 a bag! I could swear they used to be $3.99. I will stick with flaxseed meal and chia seeds.

Pat, I'm glad you liked the MTV documentary. Did you watch the Ozzy biography? It is new. I think it is on A&E's website for free if you missed it.
I did sleep better last night.

Hi, Pam!

I'll try to post again later. I did a bunch of cleaning and made a batch of steel cut oatmeal for the next few days.

Sherry