Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-31-20, 09:17 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Sept 2020 Yoga Cross Trainers: Summer and fall waltzed to the wind...

“Summer and fall waltzed to the wind in a stolen sweet romance.”
~Angie Weiland-Crosby

Welcome to the Yoga Cross Trainers!

We’re all about variety & enjoy other workouts along with our yoga practice. Weights, cardio, Pilates, barre, Essentrics, enjoyment of the great outdoors....anything goes! Our mat is always rolled out for newcomers and returners.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-20, 07:49 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Thank you for starting the check-in Pam. Love, love, love that quote.

September has always been a "sigh of relief" month for me. Cooler weather, return to more structure, outdoor fun. Bit by bit the bathing beauties fade away and the beach returns to the local nature lovers, walkers and joggers. This summer in particular I am not sad to see August in the rear view mirror. I closed it out with:

~ 50 box climbs
~ Jane Fonda's Walkout level 2
~ Yee's Yoga for Energy & Stress Relief, Gentle Relaxation (sweet)

Good morning to anyone who visits.
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-20, 08:47 AM  
sherry7899

Pam, thank you for starting the thread for September.

I took an unplanned rest day yesterday (TOM cramps for the second time in a month....grrr!)

This morning:

World Heat with Sara Jane "All about the A$$" class (she is a trip with her class titles). I was able to do all 60 minutes-woo hoo! My left knee was a little cranky, but not bad

Yoga Upload practice for Stress Relief and relaxation-20 minutes

Has anyone done workouts from the you tube channel Body Project? They look interesting.

I am debating trying strength training tomorrow since I'm doing cardio every other day. Every time I pick up weights I hurt myself. Maybe I'll find some bodyweight exercises to start with, or use bands.

I have my physical in mid-October, which means bloodwork the end of this month. I am going to make a real effort to eat healthier this month-plenty of fruits, vegetables and healthy fats, and cutting way back on cheese and baking (sob!) I made a green smoothie for breakfast and added little almond butter, flax seed meal and cacao powder to the unsweetneed vanilla almond milk, baby kale, banana and frozen dark cherries. I also actually remembered to take my vitamins. I need to find healthy snacks I can make that give that relaxed meditative state I'm in while baking.....baking is stress relief for me but I don't need to be eating it. I am terrible with eating it in moderation. I'm better off not doing it in the first place.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-20, 11:32 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Essentrics class outside on my friend’s patio
~Neighbourhood walk
~WOW: Bee Gees walk - loved this one, included songs from Saturday Night Fever
~Essentrics trademark practice & videoing.....I am done & await the verdict! I’ll be scheduling another zoom chat.

Sherry - Treats are hard to resist during this trying time. My DH has taken to baking bread & I had to ask him to slow down a bit!

Pat - I’m a bit sad to see the end of summer approaching. I love warm weather & we don’t get extreme heat & humidity here. We do enjoy a long lovely fall season but come November it can be rainy & damp.

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 09-02-20, 08:01 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Low key day here. I did a mat Pilates program with Kit Rich on Glo that was easy going enough for the office. I forgot to close the button on my slacks for the rest of the work day though - thank goodness for peasant blouses. After work I had my Smash-O-Gram and ran errands and rested.

Pam, your weather always sounds so nice. Did you dance around on your BeeGees walk?

Sherry, too bad you got a "bonus" from Aunt Flo this month. Best wishes with your nutrition program. I've been making overnight oats and they really help with satiety. I saw Gina has some baked oatmeal recipes on Skinnytaste, too.

Well have a good day girls!
Old 09-02-20, 11:41 AM  
sherry7899

Hi,

Good afternoon!

I am attempting strength work again. After looking at umpteen you tube clips and dvd clips, I decided to just make up my own upper body workout. I did biceps, triceps, chest, shoulders and back for about twenty minutes. After that I did Yoga By Candace Back release practice, since picking up weights tightened up my back instantly.

I had my dentist appointment this morning to get the mold made for my crown. My face will numb/in pain for a few hours, so I won't get much else done today.
The good news is that I thought it would cost $1200, but they said the copay is $650. That is still horribly expensive, but not as horrible as it could have been.

I'll check back later....hope everyone has a good day.

Sherry

Old 09-02-20, 08:18 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~60 min Stability ball Pilates class on zoom
~BellyFit Zoom workout #3 - standing cardio only, about 40 min, felt I got in enough toning with the Pilates class
~neighbourhood walk - met my 10,000 step goal

Pat - I definitely danced around in the Bee Gees walk, how could I resist?

Sherry - I’m trying to keep up strength work too with kettlebells twice a week. Yes crowns are a big ticket item, mine was a similar cost over & above our insurance coverage.

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 09-03-20, 08:36 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Sleepy day yesterday, woke up at 3:30 a.m. But I accomplished Unplugged 1925 and 30 hip circle bridges.

Sherry doing your own sets and reps at your pace sounds like a good plan. I think you can monitor how you feel better. "Good" news about the crown, but still. That's about what I've paid after deductibles, too.

Congrats on getting your 10,000 steps Pam.

It's almost Friday!!! Have a great day.
Old 09-03-20, 09:23 AM  
sherry7899

Hi,

Good morning!

I tried something different for cardio today-what a shock! I did a half hour Body Project 30 minute beginner cardio from you tube. I picked that one since I'd never done their workouts before. It is very basic athletic cardio, but it was enjoyable and the time went by quickly. My heart rate hasn't been getting up much from dance cardio. I think my body is too used to it. I did tack on a 10 minute dance clip from Fit Body by Ashley afterwards. I finished with Yoga TX Back stretch. I missed Yoga Upload-this instructor talked too much!

Pam, I am with you on the bread baking. I cannot resist fresh baked bread. My son loves it as well. It is hard for me to resist treats....we went to BJ's on Tuesday night, and the checkout area is right by the bakery area-I'm sure they do that on purpose. I resisted the package of black and white cookies that was calling to me! I make cookies from scratch, but I love that type and they are a real pain to make from scratch. I hate working with icing. I did not buy them.

I have been on a green smoothie streak this week, but I will probably do a batch of steel cut oats in the Instant pot next week.

I need to try the Bee Gees walk and make some of it dance moves. That sounds fun !

I may try my own strength workout again tomorrow. I'm adding my own music this time! It is too discouraging for me to try to keep up with strength dvds. I may try the you tube channel Fabulous 50s strength segments, though. They seem very doable.

We have the disgusting heat and humidity here, so I'm not sorry to see it go. If we just had heat without the humidity I would enjoy summer more.

I found a food blog called "Well Plated" that has a bunch of recipes I'd like to try. They have healthy snack/muffin recipes as well, which I plan to try.

Is anyone having trouble finding canned pumpkin? I can usually get it all year, but now I'm not seeing it in the stores.

Have a good day! I may do some stretching or qi gong later.
Sherry

Old 09-03-20, 10:08 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Taught Essentrics outside on the deck
~Barlates Barre Bell HIIT - barre/kettlebell fusion, short & sweet at 20 min
~WOW: movie walk - This was fun, music from Fame, Flashdance, Saturday Night Fever, Grease, and the James Bond theme song.

I cracked 9000 steps today, didn’t quite make 10.000.....but there’s always tomorrow.

Sherry - I love freshly baked bread! It brings back fond memories of my grandmother who lived with us when I was growing up. I remember coming home from school to the aroma of warm bread & buns just out of the oven.

Pat - Oh that’s an early morning! Good for you for getting an early workout in.

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn