Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-08-20, 07:45 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

It was supposed to get to 80*+ today, but stayed in the low 60*s which was a relief. But the day has been dark. The iphone weather app says "haze" but it sure looks and smells like smoke. Nothing else makes the sun look red and the sunbeams that come around the window coverings, are red, which is a bit creepy. Not exercising in this murk. Big Sur, over an hour to the south, is still burning.

I had been dreading going to the DMV b/c this year I was supposed to renew my license in person and take a written test. But when I went online to make an appt, I learned that I qualified for a one-year extension with just a little on-line form. Yay.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-20, 09:43 PM  
Diana3271

HI Everyone!

Thank you for the good wishes. I think it went well. I did noticed I had some issues reading and working with the older kids, 4th, 5th, 6th, grade, I think. I have no idea why. My partner asked if maybe I was scared about the questions they might ask. That's probably what it is. I might be able to fake it with the younger ones but not the older ones. Some of the kids were from the Summer camp and it was really good seeing them. The older kids were really smart. I was surprised. Yep, that might be why I was stuttering and stammering while I was reading. I think there was only 5 kids in the older group. There were 2 sets of siblings and they were really smart. The single girl wouldn't talk. She kept yawning. I asked her if she was just tired or if she was shy. She said both. I told her that I am very shy so I understand. I think the other issue is that I don't see myself as being old enough or mature enough to be teaching or guiding anyone else. That probably sounds weird. My motto for a while has been "fake it until you make it". Not that I am being "fake" but a lot of what I am getting involved in isn't stuff that I would normally do, so that's the best way for me to get through it. Maybe one day I will become more comfortable and until then I will fake it until I make it. LOL

Check-In: 1 hour walk

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-20, 08:35 AM  
lynnf

MELT Neurocore stability.

Diana, it just takes time to get used to teaching, but there is never anything wrong with telling students that you don't know something when they ask. That's always a fear when you start, but actually students love it when you say you don't know something and then find it out for them and tell them the next time.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-20, 08:40 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Lynn Thank you.

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day, stay safe and healthy!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 09-09-20, 09:36 PM  
Diana3271

HI Everyone!

No workout to report

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 09-10-20, 08:22 AM  
seabliss

Yesterday it was raining so I did this walking workout, which was interesting. The instructor (who is British) did 30 seconds of marching alternating with 30 seconds of other moves, such as elbow to knee or even pushups.

Then I did an older Heather Robertson upper body strength. She talked during the workout (voiceover), which she no longer does, and she used light weights/high reps for this one. I like her newer workouts better, but it was a nice change.

Lynn, so sorry to hear about the school illnesses. I'm glad you are teaching remotely! I hope you can find ways to self-care and release your stress.

Cynthia, it's always great to avoid the DMV. I hope California gets some heavy rain to stop those fires.

Diana, it sounds like you're doing a great job teaching and relating to the kids. I know you are having an impact that you may never fully realize!

Cheryl
Old 09-10-20, 09:10 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Cheryl Thank you.

This week I have been working on bookkeeping stuff for ourselves as well as our business. I am still changing stuff over so that takes time. Tonight we have a retirement party to go to. Tomorrow I will clean the house. My routine is to do weekly touch ups in the house but once a month get everything done. It seems like the bookkeeping and cleaning has been falling on the same week. It leaves me feeling like I don't have time to workout much that week.

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day, stay safe and healthy!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 09-10-20, 06:39 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Yesterday's skies were described in the news as "apocalyptic orange." They're back to gray today. It's not all fog. Air quality better here than it is a few counties north, but still not good.

I took my car in for an oil change yesterday, and waited for it. I usually enjoy the walk back home & then back to the Ford shop, but a walk really didn't seem like a healthy idea. I got a flu shot at the Safeway pharmacy afterward.

I've kept doing my bedtime stretch with Sagi, The Beast; and have been sleeping very well. But I'm not doing any real exercise until the air clears. And I put my singing lessons on hold too.

Hard to believe that shelter in place has been in effect for 6 months now. I have a getaway planned (no reservations though) for when I can do things again without risking my life. I want to spend a couple of nights in a hotel with a swimming pool, near my massage studio and a barre studio. And have dinners out. And shop for shoes. This pleasant fantasy is like the carrot on the stick dangling in front of the donkey.

I'm mopey b/c Contra Carnivale, the dance event of the year, has been cancelled for this January. Also the No Snow Ball in December and my New Year's Eve trip to dance in Palo Alto. No surprise of course but it's still disappointing.

Grateful to be alive and healthy, & my DD too.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-20, 07:02 PM  
lynnf

MELT lower body. Definitely feeling better in the back and knee, so it is good I am taking the days off.

Cynthia, it is hard having all this pandemic stuff and giving up all these things. I hope you will get your getaway sometime not too far away, but I think more patience will be in order. Let's keep hoping for good results on the vaccine.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-20, 07:53 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

No workout to report.

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana