Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-24-20, 03:13 PM  
Vantreesta

September 2020 Add 'em up Goals & Habits Challenge!

Come join us in setting and achieving goals to promote your overall wellness! We are a friendly and welcoming group who love to chat when we have time, but please also feel free to join us if you want to just focus on your goals. No pressure here to address everyone; share as little or as much as you want!

We have been doing this challenge for many years now. While it is not strictly about fitness goals, we agree that our daily life goals work together with our fitness goals to make us happier and more balanced, so we combine them in this challenge. Feel free to join us! You can tailor it to your schedule if you need to take a week off for vacation or only count so many days. Whatever works for you!

Premise: Choose your goals for the month. Every time you complete a goal you get a point. Multiply your number of daily goals by the number of days in the month. This is your max total points. If you choose, reward yourself for reaching a certain percentage of your max possible (I use 90% for my personal goal), multiply by your max to get your total goal points. I also give myself extra credit options.

**Take this challenge however you wish. I used to total my points all the time but have fallen away from that and now just track my goals. There really are no rules, your challenge is your own, we're just here for support and to help each other with accountability. We would love to have you join us!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-20, 03:16 PM  
Vantreesta

Vannie's September Goals

Mindfulness. Planning. Commitment. Discipline.

1. Up by 7:00 AM on weekdays (EC: 1 pt for getting up as soon as first alarm goes off)
2. In bed by 11:00 PM or as soon as Twins postgame is over (EC: 1 pt per 15 minutes early)
3. Accomplish at least three things (not routine) each weekday, one thing each weekend day

4. No eating after 9:45 PM
5. Protein for breakfast 5x/week
6. No seconds at supper 5x/week
7. Eat veggies daily

8. Train Cyric at least 5 days/week
9. Walk at state park with Cyric once a week
10. Spend time in front yard with Cyric 3 days/week (work on reactivity)
11. Work on desensitization to reflections 3 days/week

12. Strength training 3 days/week
13. Yoga/stretch daily
14. Pilates 4 days/week
15. Run 2 days/week
16. Jump rope 2 days/week
17. Neck exercises 3 days/week
18. Daily 10 reps: pelvic tilts, bridges, pushups and stair climbs
19. Foam roll/ball massage hamstrings 5 days/week
20. Meet weekly minutes goal (10 pts) (EC available: 1 pt per 30 minutes over)

Extra credit:
1. 7 hours of sleep (10 pts)
2. 20000 steps
3. New workout done
4. Run with Cyric
5. Walk/run total 4 miles with Cyric in a day

Max possible points: ( avg pts/day)
Points goal (90%): ( avg pts/day)
Reward: personal satisfaction!

Aug 1-2 pts (out of avg ) ~ %
Aug 3-9 pts (out of avg ) ~ %
Aug 10-16 pts (out of avg ) ~ %
Aug 17-23 pts (out of avg ) ~ %
Aug 24-30 pts (out of avg ) ~ %
Aug 31 pts (out of avg ) ~ %

total for the month: / ~ %

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 08-26-20, 09:41 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Katie's September Goals

Daily for 1 pt each:
1. supplements/vitamins
2. Daily Devotion
3. walk, dvd, or youtube.
4. Keep up with Daily Exercise Chart
5. Declutter: Puttering approach

Extra credit: 1 pt each
1. additional walk, dvd, or youtube clip.
2. massage
Two Free Days!

Total Points Available: 150 Goal: 135 pts

Total: 171

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-20, 05:21 PM  
MathTeacher

Pilates by Lisa September Challenge
Noom
Drink Water

That's all
Old 09-01-20, 07:00 AM  
Vantreesta

Happy September! Even when it's warm out now I can feel the difference btwn summer and fall warmth and I am happy it's finally cooling off. I think I will try to start each day this month by posting a positive like this. My mom used to post a positive thought or quote on Facebook every night before bed. She said she wanted her FB friends to always see smthg positive first thing in the morning, a bright spot in all the negative stuff posted and the news. She did this until the end, no matter how hard her day may have been. If only I could be even half as positive, generous and friendly as she was....

We spent the wknd with my father-in-law, which was good. Yesterday I spent 6 hours driving (round trip) to spend a couple hours with my dad. It was worth it to see him. I listened to the Mind Pump podcast the whole time and have decided that, especially since there's no race to be training for, I'm going to start CLX three days a week and only plan to run twice a week. They said when a client comes to them wanting to lose weight but also build muscle they always start with the muscle building, which often includes an increase in calorie intake to feed the new muscle. Once more muscle is built and the metabolism boosted it is easier then to lose weight. I have been so bad about strength training the last few years and chosen running if I had to miss workouts and I don't want to keep losing muscle. I will also be making a sincere effort (finally) to clean up my eating.

Today's tasks:
Sweep and vacuum BOTH DONE
Clean kitchen NOPE...glad I didn't bc supper had messy technical difficulties but I did do the dishes
Unpack from weekend DONE and folded& put away laundry that I hung to dry last week
Answer emails finally

Old 09-01-20, 07:47 PM  
Vantreesta

This morning I did my pelvic stability and glute strength PT exercises and then day 24 of the DYY challenge. Pretty low energy today and ended up taking a nap this afternoon and no other workouts.

Old 09-01-20, 08:25 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Vannie, I love the positive vibes from your mom. I need to follow in her example.

I've reduced my goals a little just because this is normally a very busy month for us. I did make my goals by quite a bit in August and I think that's because I did more walks in than normal. I'm trying to figure out what to do with my pedometer. It's acting very strange but the battery isn't dead, maybe just low but I don't have a replacement battery. I may try to shop for one where you don't have to buy batteries. Solar? or one that is just rechargeable? I'll have to do some shopping. We definitely have a coolness in the air. Yesterday morning it was 38 degrees! My big take away from this summer is that my leg muscles all feel stronger. My pelvic stability is better too but still can't get wonky if I do something not quite right for me. Something to work on further.

Do The Next Thing!
Old 09-01-20, 08:53 PM  
Vantreesta

Katie, what is your pedometer doing? You have a New Lifestyles one, right? I may be able to help if it's doing the same thing mine sometimes does. If you can't get it to work, do you have a smartphone and do you mind one you wear as a watch?

Great job meeting your August goals! I haven't totalled mine yet. I am really wanting cork yoga blocks so I need to work at earning them.

We haven't gotten that cool yet. I saw some 40s for lows in the forecast. It was 66 for our afternoon walk and I think 60 for our last one. It's so weird to see people in sweatshirts while I'm sweating in short sleeves.

Old 09-01-20, 09:09 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Vannie, yes, I have a New Lifestyles one. After my second walk of the day a few days ago, it just had a bunch of weird numerics on it? Later it cleared but the time and stride was wrong and it wouldn't let me reset anything. It is 6 years old and has been pretty reliable. I don't know how long they should be expected to last.

Do The Next Thing!
Old 09-01-20, 09:21 PM  
Vantreesta

Wow, I didn't realize you've had it that long! I have had 2 of theirs since 2004. Did you try taking the battery out? I'm trying to remember how my first one acted when it died. And how old it was.