Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-18-20, 10:10 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

This is the fake jump rope I bought from Amazon. It's smoother than the other one I have because it has ball bearings and the balls are slightly weighted.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-20, 05:01 PM  
gigi

Thank you for the info. Kathy! I was just checking this program out and came here to see if I could find information. How long do the advanced workouts run?
Old 08-18-20, 08:12 PM  
lizr

Thanks for breaking this all down.

I'm thinking about renewing and doing another round of 80do (except for the TTFT cardio. I'm getting plenty of cardio but need to amp up my strength and core work. Would love your thoughts on how this compares to 80DO.

Liz
lizr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-20, 12:16 PM  
laurajhawk

I've never had a ropeless jump rope. Gilad and others do "jump rope" blocks with just a pretend jump rope. Does the gadget make much difference?

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-20, 01:51 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

NP Angela! They're adding the MBFA workouts one day at a time. So far there are three and they are 37-40 minutes long.

NP Liz, this helps me be accountable and use the early access I paid for, lol! I'm really liking the length of MBF because I'm able to do my iFit (treadmill) workouts after each workout. This gives me a solid 60+ minute workout everyday. So far 80DO is harder than MBF but MBFA may compare better. I'll let you know at the end of the six weeks which one I prefer!

Laura, I'll be honest...I'm not a fan of the fake jump ropes, lol. I'm using them because they're a part of the program but I doubt I would use them on their own. I think it simulates a jump rope better than pretending plus it adds a little weight to it. My shoulders get tired of moving that thing around!

Oh, and the jump rope intervals are one minute not two minutes. Guess it just felt like two long minutes, lol! I'll go back and correct the Day 1 Lower Body Burn description.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Old 08-19-20, 01:53 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Day 3: Upper Body Burn - Time: 32 Minutes

Four Blocks - each exercise is done for 6-16 reps and there are two or three rounds.

Equipment needed: Weights (heavy, medium, light), BOD Ropes (fake jump rope), Mat (optional). Megan had 15 lbs., 10 lbs., and 8 lbs. dumbbells.

Thoughts: I had to go lower in weights than Megan for Blocks 1 – 3. She used 15 lbs. for the exercises but I used my 12 lbs. because I’m still protecting my shoulder. Block 3 was hard on my lower back because she has you leaning over on your other knee. For the second set I used my weight bench instead of my knee. Block 4 Megan used 8 lbs. and I did too for the bent over back flye but I used my 10 lbs. for the shoulder press. I followed the modifier Lacee who didn’t jump with the BOD ropes.

Block 1 – Asymmetric (one dumbbell) reps are repeated on left/right:
Chest Press (16 reps)
Chest Flye with four counts out (8 reps)
Combo: Two chest presses and one chest flye (4 reps)
Repeat each side twice

BOD Rope (1 minute)

Block 2 – (two dumbbells):
Pushups negative with release on floor (8 reps)
Kneeling Regular bicep curl & W curl (6 reps)
Repeat 3 times

BOD Rope (1 minute)

Block 3 – Asymmetric (one dumbbell):
Bent Over Single Row (8 reps)
Bent Over Shoulder Shrug (16 reps)
Combo: One Bent Over Row and Two Shoulder Shrugs (4 reps)
Repeat each side twice

BOD Rope (1 minute)

Block 4 – (two dumbbells):
Hinge Bent Over Back Flye – Stand up between reps – (6 reps)
Shoulder Press – (12 reps)
Repeat 3 times

BOD Rope (1 minute)
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Old 08-19-20, 02:30 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
Day 3: Upper Body Burn - Time: 32 Minutes

Four Blocks - each exercise is done for 6-16 reps and there are two or three rounds.

Equipment needed: Weights (heavy, medium, light), BOD Ropes (fake jump rope), Mat (optional). Megan had 15 lbs., 10 lbs., and 8 lbs. dumbbells.

Thoughts: I had to go lower in weights than Megan for Blocks 1 – 3. She used 15 lbs. for the exercises but I used my 12 lbs. because I’m still protecting my shoulder. Block 3 was hard on my lower back because she has you leaning over on your other knee. For the second set I used my weight bench instead of my knee. Block 4 Megan used 8 lbs. and I did too for the bent over back flye but I used my 10 lbs. for the shoulder press. I followed the modifier Lacee who didn’t jump with the BOD ropes.

Block 1 – Asymmetric (one dumbbell) reps are repeated on left/right:
Chest Press (16 reps)
Chest Flye with four counts out (8 reps)
Combo: Two chest presses and one chest flye (4 reps)
Repeat each side twice

BOD Rope (1 minute)

Block 2 – (two dumbbells):
Pushups negative with release on floor (8 reps)
Kneeling Regular bicep curl & W curl (6 reps)
Repeat 3 times

BOD Rope (1 minute)

Block 3 – Asymmetric (one dumbbell):
Bent Over Single Row (8 reps)
Bent Over Shoulder Shrug (16 reps)
Combo: One Bent Over Row and Two Shoulder Shrugs (4 reps)
Repeat each side twice

BOD Rope (1 minute)

Block 4 – (two dumbbells):
Hinge Bent Over Back Flye – Stand up between reps – (6 reps)
Shoulder Press – (12 reps)
Repeat 3 times

BOD Rope (1 minute)
I did Upper Body Burn yesterday and loved it! I also like the way that MBF is filmed. I heard that BeachBody filmed it that way because of Covid but honestly I enjoy the screen shots and the way that the various crew members interact. I did Power Ignite today and also loved it. I was able to complete the prescribed number of reps for the EMOM exercises. That the workout is completed in 25minutes is another bonus. Megan has such a sweet personality.

Kathy- thank you the the recommendation. So far I am really enjoying the program.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-20, 05:09 AM  
gigi

I'm thinking of purchasing a package. I want a program to follow that will make me work hard yet not take an hour or more to do. I will keep watching this thread as I continue to think about it.
Old 08-20-20, 08:46 AM  
laurajhawk

Doggone it, now I'm thinking about the advance access, too. I'm finishing a rotation this week (it's a homemade rotation so "finishing" means it's been 3 weeks and I'm feeling like a change), camping the first part of next week, so I might try the sample workout when I get back and then decide. I looked at a bit of it yesterday and liked what I saw, and with the shorter length I can add on yoga.

ETA I don't think I would buy the "rope". I think I'd do those moves on my rebounder and maybe hold light dumbbells. I don't really thrive on new gadgets, plus I envision myself whacking the dogs in the head with the thing - my Maggie is always RIGHT THERE when I'm working out.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-20, 09:22 AM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
Doggone it, now I'm thinking about the advance access, too. I'm finishing a rotation this week (it's a homemade rotation so "finishing" means it's been 3 weeks and I'm feeling like a change), camping the first part of next week, so I might try the sample workout when I get back and then decide. I looked at a bit of it yesterday and liked what I saw, and with the shorter length I can add on yoga.

ETA I don't think I would buy the "rope". I think I'd do those moves on my rebounder and maybe hold light dumbbells. I don't really thrive on new gadgets, plus I envision myself whacking the dogs in the head with the thing - my Maggie is always RIGHT THERE when I'm working out.
This a a very good program! I do not use the rope. I do the jump rope segments on my rebounder. I used a regular jump rope once but I prefer using the rebounder.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bbod, beachbody, bod, mbfa, megan davies, muscle burns fat, muscle burns fat advanced