Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-01-19, 12:17 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Lanette, I think Linda mentioned in the video about the sal e that she was going to do the weekly specials.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-19, 12:21 PM  
Lannette

Yes. They aren’t up as of now but she’s probably swamped with last minute orders to fill.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-19, 12:21 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I just got the tracking number from Linda and apparently the shipping label has been created in Brookfield, WI so apparently it is shipping through Mary.
Old 10-01-19, 01:32 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontmindthemess View Post
What did you end up getting? I think Linda’s last sale was 6 months ago.

Jane
i'm embarrassed to say this was my 2nd order during this bogo sale! my 2nd order consisted of these DVD titles: Barre Ball Blast and Beginners Mat Series. Barre Ball Blast DVD has 7 premixes in addition to its 114 min of content.

why the Beginners Mat series? I wanted lots of traditional floor work, so Linda had suggested the following titles (I picked the first one):

Beginners Mat Series (142 min, 2018)
Fusion Mat Workout (90, 2015) - also contains 5 premixes in the DVD version
Pilates Beginners Series (134, 2018)
Pilates Mat Series (141, 2018)

I love her older DVD series because they contain premixes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
I purchased DVDs, which Mary promptly sent out but also downloads. (I’m burning DVDs right now and also set up a media player to use for Barlates and other downloads.)
Could you explain how you store your downloads and how you set up your media player to play them? I have just a few downloads that I purchased from other instructors, but they're currently stored on my laptop. I haven't rigged it to my large screen TV, but probably could.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-19, 01:33 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

I have another request to all of the Linda devotees - our VF review section is VERY SPARSE. please add your reviews to that section!!!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 10-01-19, 02:46 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Could you explain how you store your downloads and how you set up your media player to play them? I have just a few downloads that I purchased from other instructors, but they're currently stored on my laptop. I haven't rigged it to my large screen TV, but probably could.
Please keep in mind that I’m pretty new to this download stuff. I have them saved in various places. Safety in numbers I guess. A couple years ago I bought an external hard drive to store my Ballet Body downloads. I downloaded my Barlates downloads and Travis Eliot downloads on it as well. I’m considering this as my safest download storage. I hope I’m right.

I also bought a few 128 gb Flash Drives. I have a flash drive for each set of downloads. It’s important to know that most DVD players won’t play off of a flash drive bigger than 32gb. So if you have a DVD player or TV that plays from a USB port check the specs.

I bought an inexpensive Media Player and connected it to our gym TV with an HDML cable. I plug in the Flash drive and can scroll through the downloads and play my choice.

My media player shares that HDML connection with another iPhone accessory so I had to add a splitter but that’s not necessary if the HDML connection is dedicated to the media player.

Amazingly it all works well, but then so do the DVDs I burned.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-19, 09:24 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
i'm embarrassed to say this was my 2nd order during this bogo sale! my 2nd order consisted of these DVD titles: Barre Ball Blast and Beginners Mat Series. Barre Ball Blast DVD has 7 premixes in addition to its 114 min of content.

why the Beginners Mat series? I wanted lots of traditional floor work, so Linda had suggested the following titles (I picked the first one):

Beginners Mat Series (142 min, 2018)
Fusion Mat Workout (90, 2015) - also contains 5 premixes in the DVD version
Pilates Beginners Series (134, 2018)
Pilates Mat Series (141, 2018)

I love her older DVD series because they contain premixes
Are any of these equipment free? I ordered a bunch of her downloads last week that I thought were just matwork based on the title and they use some equipment. I wanted them for travel. I also purchased some DVDs and if upon preview any of them are equipment free I will ask her if she would send me the download.

ETA: I am interested in Total Body workouts if possible, or at least split into upper boday and Lower body. I don't particularly care for spending 30 minutes on inner thighs or outer thighs etc.
ETA Again: I did purchase the Fusion Mat Workout download. That uses a ball. but I could use a rolled up towel when travelling. I have the Pilates Mat Series on one of the DVDs (Mat Sculpt and Burn) That description says it uses some equipment.
Old 10-10-19, 10:51 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
*^Beginners Mat Series (142 min, 2018)
^Fusion Mat Workout (90, 2015) - also contains 5 premixes in the DVD version
*^Pilates Beginners Series (134, 2018)
^Pilates Mat Series (141, 2018)
*= no equipment other than a mat
^=available as a download

i also added the link to the DVD listings on Linda's site. if it requires equipment, you can go to the link and see exactly what is needed. once i receive my DVD (i only ordered beginners mat series) i'll see if the "no equipment" is indeed true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
Are any of these equipment free?
i'm glad you asked me this question because my 2nd order (ordered on 9/30/19) is still in transit. i emailed Linda and it sounded like Linda shipped it from AU rather than via Mary. i digress.

anyhoo, see above.

Old 10-10-19, 12:45 PM  
Dontmindthemess

Ireidgreen,

Mat Workout-Functional Training
Total Body mat workout
Body weight basics Mat

These are all equipment free, and total body workouts. Are you just interested in mat workouts? I have more no equipment suggestions.

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-19, 01:30 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontmindthemess View Post
Ireidgreen,

Mat Workout-Functional Training
Total Body mat workout
Body weight basics Mat

These are all equipment free, and total body workouts. Are you just interested in mat workouts? I have more no equipment suggestions.

Jane
Jane,
Thanks for the recommendations. Right now I am looking for equipment free workouts because I am going away for 2 weeks in November and won’t have access to a gym. I can bring bands with me but no balls or hand weights. The body weight basics mat workout won’t work for me at the moment because I can’t do lunges ( still recovering from foot surgery) The other 2 look like they might work though.

Jeannine thanks for responding and letting me know about those workouts. The Burn it Total body and fusion mat series downloads I purchased are no equipment or use bands only (can’t remember) but the Triple Burn Series and Double Burn Mat won’t work for travel.
I checked out the Mat Sculpt and Burn DVD Set this morning and some of the workouts are travel friendly but I am not sure if asking her for the download on one of them is appropriate. I am also going to research the ones she has on her weekly special.

Tags
barlates sale, foot injury, foot surgery, linda wooldridge, linda wooldridge sale, travel workouts