Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-13-12, 02:34 PM  
topfitmama

Both P57 express workouts don't require dumbells and you do planks and pushups so they work the upper body too.
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-12, 03:01 PM  
Tugger31

I'd also recommend Cathe's Travel Fit, Jillian's Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, and any of Ilaria's Powerstrikes.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-12, 03:41 PM  
alisoncooks

My new favorite travel contenders (all short or short segments, use bands or nothing at all, limited space requirements)
  1. Strong Stride ~ Lisa Watson (so much material to choose from!)
  2. YOU: Being Beautiful workout dvd ~ Joel Harper/Dr. Oz (uses a tube w/ handles though I prefer a band and a firewalker for it). Stupid name, good lil' workout!
  3. Fit Pack Total ~ Joel Harper (all bodyweight, short segments)

I also prefer quiet, barre-like toning, and these feel good to me. Lots of isometric or unweighted toning, nothing crazy intense.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-12, 02:09 PM  
bfit

I also recommend Cathe's Travel Fit. Also, there is a band workout with Susan Tuttle that has two 30 minute workouts on it. Both workouts are done seated, but I've done them standing too. I got this DVD when I was injured, but I still use it. It's a good workout and not nearly as easy as it looks!
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-12, 03:14 PM  
amery

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
[*]YOU: Being Beautiful workout dvd ~ Joel Harper/Dr. Oz (uses a tube w/ handles though I prefer a band and a firewalker for it). Stupid name, good lil' workout![*]Fit Pack Total ~ Joel Harper (all bodyweight, short segments)[/LIST]
I also prefer quiet, barre-like toning, and these feel good to me. Lots of isometric or unweighted toning, nothing crazy intense.
I have been reading your posts and blog about these Joel Harper workouts and am intrigued by them. In the Fit Pack Total is it ALL body weight? No dumbbells or bands? And is the Beautiful one all toning and total body? From what I read I get the impression he has good floor work and stretching...would you agree? Thanks!
amery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-12, 05:11 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by amery View Post
I have been reading your posts and blog about these Joel Harper workouts and am intrigued by them. In the Fit Pack Total is it ALL body weight? No dumbbells or bands? And is the Beautiful one all toning and total body?
Hi amery.
The Fit Pack workouts are all body weight. I did a little review of it here. So for arms, he does lots of things like arm circles, TA-like movements, wavy arms, LOL, no weights -- but it burns! (The arm segment looks to be the same as on his Slim & Fit dvd.) Chest workout has pushup variations, planks. Legs = plie' squats and floor work.

The YOU: Being Beautiful dvd uses exercise tubing. It has 2 "total body" workouts (which are similar, one is labeled "beginner" and one "advanced" and I found them fairly well-rounded/balanced). It also has a yoga workout on the disc (no equipment needed).
Quote:
From what I read I get the impression he has good floor work and stretching...would you agree?
I'm hesitant to say definitively. *I* think it has good stretching and floor work. And I find them challenging, but they are nothing like the Hiit, puke-in-a-bucket, crazy-intense body weight workouts that are fairly prevalent now. For me, they are feel-good workouts, so I feel relaxed/well-stretched, but there's not a ton of stretching in there. (IDK if that makes sense...)
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-12, 07:41 PM  
ncl

Also, Cathe Slide and Glide, but you do need the discs and fire walker bands but I've found those pack easily.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-12, 03:13 AM  
juberann

Cathe's Travel Fit was my first thought and also KCM's Body Training, just 30 minutes and you're done plus NO equipment at all, not even a resistance band
Old 06-15-12, 09:22 AM  
katchaser1

Maybe Core Fusion workouts or something along that line for toning since you will be walking alot.
katchaser1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-12, 04:12 PM  
IrishOT

For Travel I always take:

Cathe's Travel Fit

Debbie Seibers: Slim Series

Tony Horton: One on One: Road Warrior and Mammouth UML

BBL: High & Tight

Bob Harper: Yoga for the Warrior

I haven't tried them when traveling because I usually go to my parents and they don't like me jumping in their living room, but the Weider X-facotor workouts might be good as they are body weight workouts.
IrishOT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bodyweight exercises, dr. oz, joel harper, strong stride, travel workouts