Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-13-12, 02:47 PM  
Artist of Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM View Post
You can find Harmony from Amazon sellers for as little as $12 shipped, new and sealed. Why wait for Mary's sale? Unless you're set on buying from her, that is.

Carla, it's mentioned in other PF threads that you can definitely use a step. Someone also said that if you use dumbbells, you'll have to modify some moves.
Bc if they wait until her 4th of July sale they will be marked down to $9.99-12.99 plus the 10 off coupon code. She could get both for $20. The last sale the prices were even better bc I got all 3 for $23.

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

"Walking is Man's Best Medicine for Life" Hippocrates

"Of all exercises walking is the best." Thomas Jefferson

"Thoughts come clearly while one walks." Thomas Mann
Artist of Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-12, 04:03 PM  
CharM

Ok, Tara, here's some info. I'm on the fence, but for some reason I continue to stalk the sets to find low prices. During the most recent sale, PF was 9.95, Harmony was 12.95. But in a winter 2011 sale thread, someone posted that Harmony was 11.99. I don't mention PF Plus bc it's sold out. I think I'll take my chances by waiting until the sale. If they sell out, I'll buy from Amazon sellers if I still want them.

Artist, that's a steal.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-12, 04:07 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I have all of these, and I don't think I've even tried 1/3 of them - and I've had them all since they came out! I've been looking for something new to try, and I guess these are still new to me.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-12, 04:27 PM  
Artist of Eyes

[QUOTE=CharM;2050878]Ok, Tara, here's some info. I'm on the fence, but for some reason I continue to stalk the sets to find low prices. During the most recent sale, PF was 9.95, Harmony was 12.95. But in a winter 2011 sale thread, someone posted that Harmony was 11.99. I don't mention PF Plus bc it's sold out. I think I'll take my chances by waiting until the sale. If they sell out, I'll buy from Amazon sellers if I still want them.

Artist, that's a steal.[/QUOTE]

It really is!

I bought the PF when she first released it and I spent more on that than I did buying all 3- my first PF was lost when we moved out of state the last time and my 2nd somehow got badly scratched up.

I don't know if it was you or another poster, but someone said they don't like bands. You can use tubing- ok somewhat the same thing and dumbbells are easy to use with this. I would say that after you do the workout the first time or at least preview it, you can see what exercises are done at what pace/reps/sets so you can have certain weights sitting right next to you. I would out them on a table or a chair bc the moves can sometimes go quickly and you'll need to be quick to adjust the weight level (for example with shoulders).

I've seen a lot of people use a step bench for the PFs. I haven't done her cardio workouts in ages, I'm a Leslie-lover for cardio, but having a bench really does bump up the intensity, so do weighted gloves. If you have the weighted belt from either a 10 Minute Solution workout or Leslie's Target Kit, that helps too.

Another thing to keep in mind and I might have mentioned that upthread elsewhere, we ankle weights or use Cathe's firewalker bands for lower body work. I actually really do love the lower body work in this series and I'm not a big Lower Body Fan anymore (Dead Lifts, Good Mornings, and Step Ups aside). If you keep it handy just pause the DVD quickly, slip the loop on and it'll boost the resistance nicely.

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

"Walking is Man's Best Medicine for Life" Hippocrates

"Of all exercises walking is the best." Thomas Jefferson

"Thoughts come clearly while one walks." Thomas Mann
Artist of Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-12, 05:40 PM  
CharM

Thanks for all the info! I don't care for bands & tubing, but if they use them in the workout then I do, too. I plan on using my BOSU for the cardio, it's about time I brought it out. And thanks for the tip about using a looped band for lower body. I'm sure I would not have thought to do that.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-12, 06:13 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I am going to wait for Mary's sale, but will keep an eye on her stock in the meantime. I have been interested in these before but ultimately decided to pass, I don't really need them but the short length appeals to me, and I have always liked Stephanie.

The itch may disappear by July, if it doesn't then I will get them. I might even spring for the original Powerfit series too.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-12, 06:59 PM  
Gardengirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaShanti View Post
I don't like bands, I wonder if I could just use dumbbells and a step and treat it like just another Firm workout? From the clips I've seen, that's pretty much all it is, even down to the cues and motivational talk. Sounds like a nice thing to do on a day when I would have probably just done nothing because all my other workouts sound too long, too hard, too much!
Yep, that's exactly what I do.
Old 06-14-12, 08:36 AM  
kat_b

Have to agree that it's easy to move these up to intermediate for strength, and a lot of the cardio translates PERFECTLY to step.

These, Leslie and Classical Stretch are becoming staples as I move into my later 40s and wake up more achy and less motivated (they've always had a zero dread factor, even in the evenings, when I usually hate to do a formal workout).
kat_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-12, 03:19 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

I am so grateful for this thread!!

I consider myself an advanced exerciser, I love high intensity, I am 33 years old and I don't have any joint/health/mobility issues (knock on wood). But I truly appreciate beginner/intermediate workouts that are short in length for days that I either feel like doing NOTHING or am just not feeling very energetic. I have had my eye on the Powerfit Harmony set for a while, simply due to the fact that it is priced wonderfully for 10 discs and 3 bands! But, I had read on here before where people had stated it was extremely beginnerish, which made me think it wouldn't give me any challenge, even on an off day.

Well, after reading the first page of this thread, I ordered the Harmony set from Mary. I received it today and previewed, and I'm very excited to have these workouts! They seem perfect for the purpose that I need them for. So thanks again to everyone who posted on this thread

ETA: I also love step, so reading that the cardio can be done by incorporating a step makes this set even better!
Old 06-14-12, 04:05 PM  
nevertoolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artist of Eyes View Post
Bc if they wait until her 4th of July sale they will be marked down to $9.99-12.99 plus the 10 off coupon code. She could get both for $20. The last sale the prices were even better bc I got all 3 for $23.
How do you know what these will be marked down to on Mary's 4th of July sale? I'm new to Mary's site and have placed only one order from her so far. How do you get this insider information??

Ann
nevertoolate is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beginner, power fit, power fit harmony, power fit plus, powerfit, powerfit harmony, powerfit plus, step without a step, stephanie huckabee, travel workouts