Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-28-20, 07:29 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

SB, I've been reading a few different books set on wagon trains, some spy thrillers, some just family drama type things, cost mysteries. I just love to read.

I started today with Nick, from the Leslie gang, and his Mens Walk 15. It was really good, he didn't do any move very many times before going on to something else, not even just walking.

The cat was on the treadmill, so the next thing was a 50s and Fabulous walk. I did get to slide the treadmill later, and read a couple of times.
After dinner I picked a Leslie that she said was Walk to the Hits, I think. She mentioned doing HIIT, but never did, went about 11 minutes, and YT played a commercial, and when it went back, they were slow walking. Then a few seconds later she was alone in a different studio, lying on the floor stretching. Very weird. I would've like to have seen the whole workout.

Hi to everybody!

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-20, 09:49 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Today, I went on a 10k hike on a trail through the woods. I went with some friends and also my son as an added treat. The colours are amazing this year, and the weather is cooperating lately. It’s going to be hard to head home in a couple of weeks, especially since it looks like we might be heading to another COVID lockdown of sorts.

Sb - so nice that you got to go to an actual restaurant meal with your dd and fam.
Pp- yup, my workouts are really just a lot of walking and biking this summer. But,I’m definitely not bored with them at all. Chalk that up to the fact that I’m almost always doing that with friends. When I go home, that all pretty much changes.
Terri - nice that you get another planting in. We haven’t had a frost yet, but pretty sure we will soon. That’s it for the gardens.
Old 09-29-20, 08:17 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was a 55 minute walk and that was it. It's supposed to rain today so if I don't get an outdoor walk done I'll try to do a dvd that maybe mixes some cardio in with the weights. I'm thinking SS but who knows.

TERRI, interesting walks you're finding on YT.

NORA, enjoy these last few weeks.

Waves to all. Have a good one!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-20, 08:10 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 50 minute walk in the morning. I wanted to walk before the rain came in and then I just lost my motivation for anything else after that. I do plan a walk and hopefully more today.

Waves to all!!

Old 09-30-20, 02:19 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Yesterday I did 30 minutes on the treadmill, then cut the grass and weed whacked it. Even though it was cool outside, I came in a sweaty mess, so did another 25 minutes on the treadmill before showering. I did mostly do a 50's and Fab standing ab walk after dinner. Some of the things she did I know would injure my back, so I just walked.

I've been having Internet troubles, yesterday and off and on today, and Xfinity doesn't know why. After several calls, they're sending a tech tomorrow, although the last woman was witchy and didn't want to. None of them wanted to. The last woman had a snarky attitude, and talked to me like I was a big pain in her rear. It was early when I called, but who knows what time she started, or what the customers before me were like.

I've done over an hour on the treadmill today, and that's probably it till after dinner. I'm making a pot of vegetable soup for dinner, and cut some swiss chard to go in, and a little thyme.

Nora, your hikes sound great, I have a few friends from different parts of Canada, and they'd come back from vacations home with the most beautiful pictures. I would like to visit there some day.

SB, good luck with SS (Slim Series, right?) I did that years ago, and think it was fun, but remember getting worn out with that rotation.

Hi to Penguin, and everybody!

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-20, 05:54 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, Yes to more effective cleaning, our major problem seems to be bleeding gums. We got an Oral B Vitality for $25 at Walmart. It comes with one head, a charger and has a 2min timer {it shakes}. So far I like it, its kinda fun and tickles. We went for a cheaper route thinking we could always upgrade later. I love the outdoor workouts! What's the verdict on PBL?

Terri, Is prime reading though Kindle app? We've been turning the AC on during the day then the heat on at night. We got confused and forgot to turn the heat on last night. I woke up cold! Hate that! Love Nick's workouts, I think I like him because he's goofy. Sorry to hear about he prior bad experience with the cable woman.

Nora, glad your getting to enjoy the fall colors while they last. I'm hoping we get to take a camping trip this month before they fade. Weekends are looking pretty booked. The fence is going up even as we speak.

I can't believe this is the end of September already!

Today I tried an new to me workout FoodFitnessFun's Full Body walking workout. We kept walking the whole time but the first part had extra arm movements, the second longer part covered core, and the last part was legs with squats and lunges mixed with walking. The workout was in both Hindi? and English voiceover which was interesting to listen to, but also confusing. Steps weren't complicated, light barely there music in the back. Not exactly fun.

followed by Fitness With Cindy's Fun LI cardio for Seniors. More fun. Dancy easy steps with fun music.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-20, 06:26 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Today, I did a one hour walk. Yesterday, some stepping with Gin Miller.

SB- I think a 50 minute walk is enough for one day! I got rained on, on my walk today. Still nice, though.

Terri- well, come and visit! I'll take you on a local hike.

PP- Build that fence! Keep the crackheads and drive-by shooters at bay. I hope you get to go for one final camping trip at least.
Old 10-01-20, 08:19 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a couple more PBL workouts, upper with light weights and side cincher, and then a 51 minute afternoon walk. I am planning the same today, maybe weights instead of PBL, not sure yet.

TERRI, good walking. Yum on the vegetable soup. Ugh on the internet troubles and the witchy CS rep. I really do like the SS workouts a lot but never do a full rotation.
I plug them in here and there. They always work well for me when I do them though.

PENGUIN, nice job finding different workouts. I should look into the Oral B.
PBL gets a thumbs up, I like her workouts a lot, but since I'm never consistent with one instructor it doesn't make sense to pay for a subscription. If she has a crazy good Black Friday deal or something I may go for it and then I won't feel bad just doing the workouts now and then.

NORA, good job keeping consistent.
DD and I have been wanting to visit Canada for a couple of years. I don't think they'll be letting us in anytime soon though.

I'M GOING TO START THE OCTOBER THREAD NOW!!

Waves to all!!