Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-22-20, 11:25 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

wow haven't posted since friday. busy weekend

Sat - GOOP TA + TA popstar
sun - yogalosophy
monday - TA hip 2.4 day 3 _ charlene prickett
today - TA hip 2.4 day 4 + DC 1.3

ebianco - thanks for the zillow tip! I had no idea.

buzzer - OMG about the flipped car and your dh noticing the likely cultprit! wow!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-20, 09:31 AM  
Buzzer

Body Beast Arms.. DONE!

I always think back is next, and I get the back workout ready, then I go and look and it's actually arms. So I end up doing arms. I could just do back, since that's what I've psyched myself up for, but I follow the rules. HA!
I previewed P90X2 shoulders and arms while I did this. I did the warm up with them, then did my body beast workout. I used the music from the workout to do my pacing for the reps. Tony was in super bad form in the workout, telling more stupid jokes than usual. In p90x I thought he was bearable, this workout he's just annoying. I assume it's because his old roommate was there, and he kept singing and it felt like an ad for his singing. I wasn't interested. I suppose it would be an ok workout though.

Back to my workout... I pushed myself. It was hard. I used heavy heavy weight, and fought for a lot of the reps. It burned, it was hard to finish some of the reps, and on the skull crushers I only got 7 reps instead of 8 I was supposed to. But it was hard, I just did it 100%. Definitely to failure!! I am feeling like I used to when I lifted hard, both during and after the workout. The difference this time is that I don't look like I did last time!! oh well.

did I check in with my standing legs yesterday? I think I did. yes, I did. OK. I think next time I need to go heavier on some of the reps on that one. I didn't have any soreness yesterday or today from it. My knee feels fine though, which was a goal anyhow. now that I know that though, I need to go up in weight on a few things that I can!!

Yesterday ended up being one of those days where we got home at 3 and I was finally making lunch. We went to get DH's keys from the mechanic to go get his truck, and ended up being there for about an hour and a half because their 3 month old grand baby was there and we got to hold her and feed her. LB loves that!! I also found out they are retiring at the end of the year. They are just a little older than I am, and I always thought they'd be around for at least 10 years then their son would take over. Nope. They are selling the building and retiring to spend time with the grand baby. I don't know what we will do!! They are the most honest mechanics ever. DH got a quote from someone else for brakes on his truck and they said $1400, this mechanic told him 2 brakes were still fine and the other two needed work, total of $208.44.

I have been going to this mechanic since my parents started going to it when I was about LB's age. The father passed to the son. Now it's gonna be gone. ugh. Finding a trust worthy mechanic is impossible and now I have to do it!! I am so sad!!

So anyhow, then we trained the horse which ended up taking almost 2 hours. LB rode bareback in the arena and loved it. She is learning SO much! Plus she fed the horses (they have 3, 2 they are boarding) pet them and groomed them. It was good. I went in with her, because last time I was on the other side of the barbed wire and when the lady started having some trouble with the saddle, I couldn't get through to help her. so yesterday I went in to the arena to watch, chat with her, and help if needed. I wasn't needed, but it was fun.

It was a busy day. Today is going to be a bit better, we only have violin and urban air. I can deal with that!! We can get in a good day of school.

Eventmom: we all seem to be having trouble checking in! We go through phases though. Sometimes I check in every day, sometimes I think I did and I didn't, some days I just keep going and forget to check in. But we always seem to get back together and check in again! I do miss you guys when you aren't there though

Hi Ebianco! Hope you are feeling less stressed!!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-20, 09:26 AM  
Buzzer

The Firm Vol 3 (I think? the one with Sandhal Bergman).. DONE!

I have done these firms for years, I have them memorized, but the only volume numbers I know are 1 and 2! isn't that funny?

Anyhow, I thought I was doing "time crunch workout" that was what, 45minutes with Susan and Kai? Nope. I did the volume with Sandahl again and her knee lifts between everything. I do love it though! I used 8's for the whole thing this time. I just used my pink 3 pounders on the legs though. I should try to put a weight behind my knee or on leg shoots, but I just haven't worked myself up to it mentally yet!! Seems too tough! Plus, my legs have always been my weak point. Probably because I hate working them, but that shouldn't be it. I don't know. I used to (in my Prime!) use my ankle weights PLUS 12 pound weights. Maybe that's something to work up to. I didn't slack on the workout though, I put in the pizzazz, felt energetic, and really gave it my all. I didn't think "I can't work my shoulders too much!" or "I just worked biceps yesterday so I'll go easy!" nope. I did it all and used 8's. So didn't push myself on the muscle work, but everything else I did, and I didn't slack on the muscle work either!!

I definitely noticed my triceps and biceps are tired though! My chest is a little iffy too. All in good ways.

I'm still feeling my knee, but it feels great during my workouts. I can lunge and squat and run and whatever. Then when I sit it is so achey I can barely straighten or bend it. I gotta research that a bit today.

Today we are getting some rebar for the garage, and probably cement next week!! Hopefully we can get the pad for the floor poured right away too. Progressing!

We have swim and LB's hair appointment today. Then probably training the horse. We still have to get DH's truck. I'm sure my mechanic is tired of seeing it already!

Hopefully a slower day though.

Waves to both of you, and anyone else! Fidget? Do you drop in at all?
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 09-24-20, 04:39 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

wed - TA hip 2.4 day 5 + up to the best fitness 30
today - 30 min stretch

buzzer - yep that's volume 3, my very first firm, probably my favorite! Time crunch I used to have, got rid of it, I'd use a fitprime crunch time now! So sorry you are losing your mechanic! We've used ours for around 12 years I think, he took it over from his dad! He's still pretty young so I think we'll move before he retires but I worry about finding a 'neighborhood' mechanic when we move.

hi ebianco! hope things are smoothing out!
Old 09-25-20, 10:17 AM  
Buzzer

Body Beast Back... DONE!

I didn't kill myself with heavy weight, but I did kill myself with focusing and form!!! I squeezed for sure on the exercises and made sure they were in my back and out of my arms. I loved it! I really felt it.

I watched P90X2 Base and Back while I did it. I did the warm up with Tony and company, then when they went to the foam roller I started my workout. I tried to go with the music for my reps, which slowed me down and was good. I didn't rest when they did, since my workout was much different than theirs, but the music definitely helped!!

I finished when they were doing their last set, so I did the cool down stretches with them. It ended up being perfect!

So clothes aren't fitting ANY different, but I am noticing tone in my arms and legs. Just wiggly over the muscle. I have to be grateful for the tone though. Hopefully the rest will come. I will be patient and hope for the best!!

I am still feeling great about my workout rotation though!

Today we have a free morning and then go to a friends house this afternoon and 3 families are getting together for friends to play. All homeschoolers of course! It'll be great!!

Eventmom: Doctors and Mechanics! If you find a good one, it's hard when you have to find another! I am currently in search of a Doctor for LB and I, and can't find one I like. I found one I'm OK with for LB, but don't really love. But they are better. ugh.
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 09-25-20, 01:37 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

TA hip 2.4 - 6 + DC 1.1

so finally this level is seeming 'do-able' it's only 15 reps for move but some of the moves are pretty complex and she's using a chair on it's side and my chair doesn't work for some of them and end up using a small step stool so it's a bit annoying to have to juggle it all.

buzzer - I'm struggling with results as well but I'm stronger in the saddle so I'll take that as a good outcome. Seems like weight loss is last sometimes!

hi ebianco!
Old 09-26-20, 02:11 PM  
Buzzer

Body Beast Shoulders... DONE!

I think I am using my workouts to weed out the workouts I don't want! HA! I have been previewing workouts while I do mine, and today I decide Cathe's ICE series is NOT for me. First of all, she lifts super fast. The music is soooo peppy. And her eyebrows? I can't even look at them. I was fixated on them. She looks perpetually upset. They are way too arched and pointy about 3/4 of the way towards her hairline, and look so unnatural. They make her look like she's furrowing her brow. I just couldn't even preview the workout. I will probably try to sell this one, if either of you are interested in this series let me know. I promise to give you a super good deal.

I also previewed another workout I've had a for a loooong time, and apparently did once because there was a review piece of paper in the case. I turned this workout off too. She lifted fast, the music was sometimes there/sometimes gone, the backgrounders were nervous, and it was a lot like Linda Wooldridge workouts with the tinny sound and the basement feel, but less polished. Kinda. I don't know. I did not like it, so it will go in the "bye bye" pile. I remember I bought them in a flurry of "what is LIKE STS workouts?" I don't think I paid a lot for it.

I ended up with a welder program, I don't remember what it was called, but it was another like STS program. The first workout was pretty good! a circuit, but the instructor was good and the workout seemed good. I will preview some others and decide if it's for me or not. I also found my Rip 60 (the suspension trainer one) workouts, and want to look at those too. I remember LOVING them!

So I did shoulders today. It was good! I pushed, moved at a 2 counts up/2 counts down pace, and enjoyed it. I rested but not too long. I felt worked in my shoulders. I skipped abs, but I will do a firm tomorrow so I will get plenty of abs in for sure. I enjoyed the workout! It was maybe 40 minutes with warm up and cool down.

Tomorrow I will either take the day off, or do a Firm with light weights. Today we worked on the garage for a few hours, now LB is with DH at his shop while I take some quiet time to myself. I really, really needed it! Now with the garage being built, I have even less time to myself because I have to help with the garage when DH is home instead of trying to beg off some time. I need it so bad though, my patience is GONE.

I so far have looked up tables we can use to eat on so LB stops dumping her food, took a long shower, and am contemplating going into town to look at furniture and buy some whipped cream since we are out. Maybe a pie or something too for LB to make. She's been watching a kid bakeoff show, and it is amazing. These kids are like 9 years old and up to about 13, and the amount they know about baking is unreal!! So she is getting into cooking, judging my cooking (which isn't so cool), and learning about cooking. So I will get her some mixes to bake so she can do them on her own and get her cooking confidence up.

I don't know why, but my knee feels a little better. I want to attribute it to the Firms I'm doing, because it seems like it's doing better since I started those. I'll go with that. At least the firms are making me do some cardio and lots of abs!!!

Eventmom: I think Tracy lost me when she started doing crazy things like turning the chair over, or things that seemed dangerous. I started thinking she was doing stuff just to keep pumping out content, and not because it was safe and well thought out. I'm glad she stopped doing her continuity years, I was getting worried at how she seemed to be running out of ideas and doing some really crazy things!!! I hope it works for you, I know it didn't work for me though!

Hi Ebianco! Miss you!!!!!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 09-28-20, 09:12 AM  
Buzzer

Rest day... DONE!
Firm Vol 4? Time Crunch workout... DONE!

I was surprised there was no chest in this volume! Just one set of pushups. I wonder why? I used my blue portion of my fanny lifter, 3's as my light, 5's as my medium and 8's as my heavy. I definitely can go up in weight next time! the weight was not challenging at all.

I did sweat though! It was good. Good for a cardio and light weight, which is what I am using these for. Cardio and not to push myself to my limit, but to get an extra day of working the muscles in, also for compound movements instead of all the isolation movements of Body Beast. Oh, and abs! To get those in!

So my first communication with Annette and Anna was with this workout. I didn't really know much about the Firm but the volumes, and knew Anna was the creator. I wasn't on VF at all yet, and just was excited that the firms were on DVD. I don't remember why, but I had to email that I wanted time crunch workout. Annette was the one I was communicating with. When I went to the mailbox to get my Time Crunch workout, I was floored that it was Fitprime Time Crunch! I didn't even know Fitprimes existed at the time! Part of me was excited for a new workout, part of me was upset I didn't get what I ordered. So, I emailed Annette. She came back with a scathing email to me telling me that was what I ordered, and basically saying I ordered that so keep it and be happy. I told her that isn't what I ordered, that I would happily send it back (if she would pay postage since it was her fault not mine) and that I wanted the Firm time crunch.

Annette was really cranky with me and somehow Anna got involved, and Anna sent the sweetest email to me telling me she would send me the Time Crunch I asked for and that she was sorry for the mix up and Annette's reaction. I got the Time Crunch I wanted, but I swore I would never deal with Annette again. And I didn't. If I could have dealt with Anna directly, I would have, but to this day I am not a fan of Annette's. I'm sure she is not a bad person, and it was probably a cranky day for her, but there's still that visceral reaction to her.

I have recently dealt with her when I got my inexpensive fanny lifter, and that interaction was very positive. I had a problem with the top not fitting to the bottom, I sent pictures as proof, remembering my previous interaction. She was super sweet and sent me a new top that fit. But there is still that old feeling I can't shake. I guess it's now ingrained in me to be wary!

Anyhow, I still have the email from Anna, I don't know if I still have the one from Annette. I may have gotten rid of it just to get rid of the toxicity. Now I am kinda glad that happened, because I have an email from Anna which is really cool!

yesterday I kinda slept the day away. I didn't have patience yesterday morning, and I woke up at 3:15am because we were in the camper and DH left the doors wide open. It was FREEZING. I closed both doors and turned on the heater. then I was awake. So no patience. I ended up taking a 2 1/2 hour nap in the camper in the afternoon, then sleeping another 6 1/2 hours last night. I guess my body needed some extra sleep!

So yesterday rest day really was a REST day!! HA!

Hopefully today is a better day. I need to get LB and I on a schedule, and stop all the extra stuff. I feel like we've been kinda scattered lately.

Waves to you guys! Hope you had a great weekend!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 09-28-20, 11:48 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

saturday - TA 2.4 day 7 + 20 min. up to the beat cardio
sunday - short (16 min) ravi & ana - horse show and cross country schooling
today - 30 classical stretch

so I cut back on salt b/c I had a kidney issue over the summer. Well, probably backfired because last night I had the most painful muscle cramps - my inner thighs. I was at a horse show all day, hotter than expected, sweated a bunch. I think my electrolytes were off. I'm doing better now but I think I'll eat salted potato chips at horse shows from now on.

buzzer - I don't think these particular chair moves are unsafe but my chair is not like hers and I can't do some of the moves because my chair height is wrong. but I agree, sometimes I don't see the point of what she is doing except to be different. One reason I originally gravitated to her workouts because she didn't use much equipment but then a chair, a ball, a hoop, sigh. Wow about Annette - I'm sure she was having a bad day as usually their customer service is pretty good.

hi ebianco!
Old 09-29-20, 05:05 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

Sorry I got behind again! It's still busy and stressful and the next few weeks will really be so. My DH's big stressful event will have a yes or no outcome over the next couple of weeks that will really make a big difference with our finances. And work is just really busy now through the end of October. And now I have some family drama going on Ugh so much stress!

My workouts have been really good, although Cathe Fit Tower Total Body (from last Thursday) really overworked my shoulders and upper body and they've been tight since, even after a massage I got yesterday. Still, I think there must be something to the weight training I have been doing. I say that because my eating has been not great at all (my calorie intake is fairly high and I have been eating a full candy bar every day!), but lately I seem to be losing weight and inches I can't make any sense of it at all. Unless it is the daily probiotic? I am finally past all the stomach distress. Anyway, I am confused but not complaining!

Since last check in:
-Firm Cardio
-Pure Barre Sculpted Abs 2
-Fitprime Crunch Time with Tamela
-Cathe Fit Tower Total Body
-Run and yin yoga
-Firm Cardio Split
-Simone rebounding and Pure Barre Sculpted Abs 1

Eventmom I experienced muscle cramping in my inner thighs once and that was intensely painful. Good call on eating something salty at your shows just to be safe!

Buzzer That is funny about the Time Crunch DVD (Volume 4 vs. Fitprime Crunch Time) and that you got to interact with Anna! I have been doing classic Firms and a lot of Fitprimes lately, and just love all her productions I'm glad you are seeing some tone from your workouts!