Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-28-20, 08:42 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Moan Day! My weekend ended up being pretty crummy all around. I just can't sleep and and I'm going to do some research on herbal sleep aids. DH and I walked last night, so I'm prepared for a new week and soon a new month. On a positive note I nailed 12,000 steps yesterday and it's time to set up my October workout calendar, which is always motivating.

The yoga teacher sent out an apologetic email and gave us all a portion of the class fee back as a credit, so all is good there.

Be well everyone! I'll catch up tomorrow.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-20, 09:40 AM  
sherry7899

Hi,

I did a Yoga Upload practice yesterday afternoon.

This morning:

Body Project circuit workout-this was harder than the one I had done before. It was a little over a half hour. I did bicep curls at the end instead of the cardio since there wasn't one focused bicep exercise

Yoga Ranger-Yin Yoga for hips 30 minutes. This was a lovely practice. Aprile suggests putting a yoga block under your "standing" foot for figure 4. That felt really good!

Pat, I am so sorry about the trouble sleeping. I hope you find something that works. Hugs! You are doing so well with your step counts.

I'll try to check back later. Hi to everyone!

I will be taking a rest day tomorrow, but will likely do yoga.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-20, 10:24 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post

Cyana - Yes I am participating in the virtual Essentrics retreat, really looking forward to it. Jackie one of the organizers & is teaching a class.
I am helping with this "virtual retreat"! Should be an adventure.

Not much new with me. I'm teaching a lot of classes...and continue to run my daughter around.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-20, 07:41 AM  
cyana

Post and run from the dull and boring all work and no play girl.

Monday: I enjoyed the Team Body Project work-out posted to YT 9.23.2020 so much that I did it again.

Tuesday: Team Body Project 1 hour weights/cardio work-out posted to YT 8.25.2020. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZYw0SBqjqI I suspect I will be one sore pup tomorrow! You could break this one out by legs, upper body or cardio if you wanted to do a shorter work-out. I followed that with a 15 minute stretch on my own while listening to Leonid & Friends. They always make me smile.

Time for coffee and back to the desk.

Pat - Two thumbs up to the yoga instructor for that gesture.

Waves to ALL!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-20, 07:57 AM  
sherry7899

Pat, I found the sleep tea by Traditional Medicinals to be helpful. Would you like me to send you some so you can try it? I think they may sell it in Target. I found it at Wegmans but I know you do not have one near you. I also have some other brands of sleep tea. I would be glad to share.

I am taking a rest day today and catching up on cleaning.

Eta:I also have Yogi sleep tea.

Old 09-29-20, 09:59 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! I didn't get much done yesterday except for making myself do a Pilates routine on Glo. It was a very good one and I bookmarked it - Breath Focused Classical Pilates with Kit Rich. DH went to Walmart and got some melatonin for me, but he has to take it back. I researched it before taking any and found it would have adverse effects on my "issues."

I'll try to be better exerciser today!

Sherry, thank you for that recommendation. I love Traditional Medicinals. Chamomile Lavender and Throat Coat are on my co-op list so I'll add a box of the Nighty Night with Valerian. The website shows they have Throat Coat lozenges now, and a Hemp/Herb Joint Health Meadowsweet tea. I might just order from TM.

Cyana you have me interested in Body Project! That looks like a great workout, I like the format and music, too. Hope you're not too sore today.

Pam, the virtual Essentrics retreat sounds nice, especially with Jackie teaching!
Old 09-29-20, 10:05 AM  
sherry7899

Pat, I hope the tea works for you. Melatonin gave me bizarre nightmares.

Cyana, I have been meaning to try that workout , but I have been a little intimidated.

Old 09-30-20, 07:38 AM  
cyana

This AM:
YT - Team Body Project - 30 Minute Low Impact Cardio posted 7.23.2020. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SpPraOLJl4
YT - Holden Qi Gong - 7 Minutes for Health
YT - Temple Sounds - 11 Minute Chakra tune-up with singing bowls

My quads were definitely speaking to me this morning!!

Must get my day going - time to grab the coffee and get rolling.

Hope you got some sleep, Pat. I've been working to get my sleep to a better place for a long time. Who knew getting a decent night's sleep could be so much work?!?!?

Sherry - I went back and forth between the easier and harder modifications on yesterday's work-out. I'm glad they provide options and encourage you to move at your own pace when needed. I could see where this work-out could be hard on sensitive knees - mine were complaining a bit near the end of the lower body section, but that isn't anything new.

Waves to all.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-20, 09:05 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I had a much better day:

~ pre-walk Pilates/yoga blend
~ 50 butt bridges including 20 one-legged reps
~ lunch walk (1.6, 22 mins)
~ Margaret Richard Good 'N Strong, Vol 1 workout 1 (upper body)
~ Ellen Barrett Crunch Pick Your Spot Pilates - butt workout
~ evening walk with DH (1.28, 42 mins)
~ got my 10,000 steps!

Sherry - I drove right to the co-op after work and got the Nighty Night Extra. I was worried about the taste because valerian tastes like butt, but the blend was actually very good and I began to feel drowsy before finishing it. Thank you!!!!! You are a lifesaver.

Cyana, good workouts for you!! I saw a 10 minute low impact from Body Project that is on my list. The music is so refreshing from what's out there now.
Old 09-30-20, 09:33 AM  
sherry7899

Pat, you had a great exercise day! I am so happy that the tea helped.

Cyana, I never do high impact and I am careful of my knees. They never used to bother me, but I overworked them doing hour long Soul Sweat dance workouts four or five times a week. Sigh....

I had planned a cardio/strength circuit for today, but I got my flu shot last night and slept horribly, so I scrapped it. I pushed myself through a 25 minute Body Project cardio. I may do yoga later. That will probably be it for today. I'm really tired.

I'll be back later.

Sherry