Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-22-12, 01:56 PM  
Sparky10

vacation workouts

I'm getting ready to go on vacation and am wondering if there are any FREE workouts--short (about 30 mins), full body that use minimal equipment that I can download to use on my iphone. Any suggestions??
TIA
Sparky10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-12, 03:06 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

If it must be free, there are bunches of youtube workouts that you can download with realplayer and then convert - for your ipod. Realplayer just realized that giving away the convert to itunes format was losing them money so you have to pay for it. However, the flash vids play on my android devices with Rockplayer. There has to be an iphone equivalent. You could try youtube downloader that does both those things but a little less intuitively and takes more time.

Jessica Smith just put out a whole bunch of really nice workouts. Can you play youtube vids on an iphone? If you had streaming there are a world of choices.

Since exercise tv has gone out of business, there seems to be more than a few of those on youtube.

For just a couple dollars on itunes (I know you said free) one of my favorite traveling workouts is Men's Fitness Bodyweight circuits. There are also "apps" of workout videos, which are just the workouts available through streaming.

MotionTraxx has a podcast you can join in itunes and they have some audio workouts with exercises. They had some mindy mylrea bootcamp audios with gatorade, but not sure those are still available. There are a nice selection of audio yoga workouts on itunes in the podcast section. Go to podcasts and do a search of yoga. I like Sage Rountree but these are 5-15 minute segments geared at after workout stretching than power yoga.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-12, 03:14 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

If you decide to try the youtube thing, try liveexercise, jessica smith, mindy mylrea (tabata workouts) and there is another that is becoming popular, good workouts, but like watching paint dry- which may or may not work for you. And of course Bodyrock.

Jenny Ford has full length workouts, mainly step but a couple floor and strength.

The pentagon channel has Fit for Duty - you may be able to download these at their web site or elsewhere on the web.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-12, 04:19 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

If you're planning an active vacation, that is usually enough!
Old 07-22-12, 07:09 PM  
carmenphoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
If you're planning an active vacation, that is usually enough!
I agree! I LOST weight vacationing @ Disney World a couple of years ago without formal exercise while eating crap most days.

I agree with LynnO on the Bodyrock downloads. Search for older ones with Zusana for segments without equipment. A majority of the newer segments with Lisa-Marie require some sort of equipment.

Next rotation: T25, finish JMBR, Rockin' Body, Body Groove stuff,other dance cardio, biking
Back Burner: Asylum I.
carmenphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-12, 06:39 PM  
Sparky10

thank you!!

Thank you for the great suggestions!! I spent a few dollars but now have some fantastic apps on my iphone that will get me through!
Sparky10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-12, 07:22 PM  
PeakFitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenphoenix View Post
I agree! I LOST weight vacationing @ Disney World a couple of years ago without formal exercise while eating crap most days.

I gained. No amount of walking around disney could undo the amount of french fries they serve in the park!
Old 07-25-12, 07:30 PM  
ldy_solana

Even if you are not signed up with HULU, some short workout clips can be viewed. There is a Gaiam Wake up workout channel that uses shorter clips of Gaiam's catalog of workouts. IIRC they had some from the Firm Express workouts which are all 20 minutes. I am a HULU member anyway, but before I signed up, I used their site often for Yoga Zone workouts. LynnO already pointed out that many youtube channels are now posting full workouts.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
ldy_solana is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
digital, downloadable workouts, downloads, free download, free workouts, iphone, ipod, travel, travel workouts, youtube