Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-11, 01:11 PM  
bfit

OT: opinions of chiropractic treatment?

Hello again. I'm the same person who wrote a few days ago about neck and ear pain after visiting the dentist. Well, the initial pain went away in about a day or so, but then it spread to my shoulder blade area and finally up to my neck. I think it was the entire trapezius on the left side that ended up hurting. I couldn't turn my head or get up and down out of bed without extreme pain, and even just sitting still it would throb and cramp up. Finally, yesterday morning (almost a week after this all started) I saw the doctor. She prescribed an anti-inflammatory and a muscle relaxant plus one of those foam collars to support my neck. All of that has helped a lot, but the drugs have completely wiped me out, and I'm doing nothing but moping around the house. And the collar really limits any activity.

The doctor also suggested seeing a chiropractor in case there was something "out of place". I've never seen a chiropractor for anything before, but I've heard that it can be painful and not helpful. The idea of someone moving my neck around right now makes me cringe. Does anyone have any experience with this? I've been thinking about trying it after it doesn't hurt as much but maybe by then it will be too late anyway. Opinions?
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chiropractic, chiropractor, chiropractors