Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-24, 09:15 AM  
buffmama

Metcon 100 day 4 Cardio, Core + Mobility and all of those things actually got done. Nice way to put it all together. 100 burpees = 4 holy bananas. I had to start the burpees during the rest period to get them in.

I took a look at Build - with workout times all over the place probably not happening. But I did really like Bodyfit by Amy and will keep an eye on her January workouts. Turns out Lindsey is also on healthyu which I didn't know.
Old 01-05-24, 07:45 AM  
buffmama

I finished up Justina Ercole's free workouts on her website - FB stability + mobility and a core class coming up in 15 min. Happy Friday!
Old 01-05-24, 07:02 PM  
wendug

Yesterday was a rest day from Chris & Edi, which worked out for me as I walked a client's dogs. Today was Chris & Edi day 3- Upper Body Pull. Great workout, but there were a lot more ads today which was a bit annoying. They were at the breaks, though, so it could have been worse.

buffmama- Good for you on finishing up Justina's mobility workouts. I know I should do more mobility work, but tend not to. Did you sign up for Get Healthy U for more Lindsey content? I do like Chris Freytag's kickboxing and thought about signing up since it is so inexpensive.

I noticed Jasper started a new rotation. He has a new microphone so he talks and gives pointers through the workout now.
Old 01-05-24, 08:01 PM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
buffmama- Good for you on finishing up Justina's mobility workouts. I know I should do more mobility work, but tend not to. Did you sign up for Get Healthy U for more Lindsey content? I do like Chris Freytag's kickboxing and thought about signing up since it is so inexpensive.

I noticed Jasper started a new rotation. He has a new microphone so he talks and gives pointers through the workout now.
I did not sign up with healthy but did look at some of the rotations at NML. There is an advanced 'holy bananas' 30 day challenge I will have to take on just based on the name. The 35 min split also looks good. Talking Jasper sounds great. I will get back to his 30 min stuff at some point.
Old 01-06-24, 08:38 AM  
buffmama

NML Metcon 100 Power (200 swings)
I did the moves unilateral. These workouts are really great. Holy banana count 4-6. I lost count as I had to count my reps. She does move fast in these. (Faster than me.)
I followed with Julie Reppel 10 min functional core and 5 min daily mobility. Good stuff.

ETA: I'm looking for feedback on KCM's Timesavers if anyone has those.
Old 01-06-24, 06:37 PM  
wendug

I felt like cardio today so skipped Chris & Edi. I will get back to them later. Today's workout- M. Briehler- 35 min. No jumping standing cardio. This is a great steady state cardio that uses ankle & wrist weights and definitely hits the core. I added on about 15 min. of Christa DiPaolo's Knockout Abs. I really had to use my brain to get the combo down, but eventually got it in the end.

Erica- How's your dh doing after testing and dental work?

buffmama- I have lots of KCM workouts, but not the timesavers.
Old 01-06-24, 06:50 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Today was Chris & Edi day 3- Upper Body Pull. Great workout, but there were a lot more ads today which was a bit annoying. They were at the breaks, though, so it could have been worse.
I'm doing this one tomorrow. Thanks for the warning about the ads.
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-24, 04:28 PM  
buffmama

Today was a functional barre by Justina Ercole and some pilates.

I think I settled on just getting Kelly's More than Just Strength. Debating a year of Justina. Sale ends tonight. Ugh.

Erica - I hope your DH's dental work is uneventful.
Old 01-07-24, 06:36 PM  
wendug

Chris & Edi- Build 2- Day 4- Total Lower Body. Not as many ads today. Yay! Added a booty band to the glute bridges, elevated my foot on a yoga block for reverse lunges, and added a weight to the unweighted lateral lunges. I'm not used to holding a dumbbell in the goblet position for bulgarian split squats. It forced me to stand up straighter putting more emphasis on the quads. When I hold the weight at my side I tend to want to lean over which works the glutes.

buffmama- Let me know what you think of the Kelly workout. I was contemplating adding a few of her workouts to my collection and was waiting for her New Year's sale. Apparently she doesn't do that anymore.

Erica- I concur with buffmama that I hope you dh has uneventful dental procedures. Not fun, and I hope there are no issues.
Old 01-07-24, 06:45 PM  
Erica H.

[QUOTE=wendug;3018612]Chris & Edi- Build 2- Day 4- Total Lower Body. Not as many ads today. Yay! Added a booty band to the glute bridges, elevated my foot on a yoga block for reverse lunges, and added a weight to the unweighted lateral lunges. I'm not used to holding a dumbbell in the goblet position for bulgarian split squats. It forced me to stand up straighter putting more emphasis on the quads. When I hold the weight at my side I tend to want to lean over which works the glutes.

I did the Chris and Edi back and biceps workout today from Friday and liked it a lot. Thanks for posting about it. When I originally looked at it when it was released, I wasn't interested in it so I wouldn't have tried it without your post. I'm not going to do the Day 4 legs that you did though because there's too many moves I don't like and there's no point in substituting half the moves when there are so many other workouts to choose from.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote