Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-20, 08:35 AM  
JustSandra

Barefoot & On the Mat October 2020: Blue Moon Edition!

Welcome to the monthly Barefoot & On the Mat check-in!

This is a long-running check-in at VF. You will find us to be a friendly group of diverse exercisers. Like the title suggests, we love to do our workouts barefoot, which includes not only yoga and Pilates but also things like Classical Stretch/Essentrics, mobility work, qigong, barre, even sometimes weights and cardio. Some of us post daily, while others pop in as their circumstances permit. It's all good.

The welcome mat is always out -- we love hearing from new, returning and guest Barefooters!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-20, 08:44 AM  
JustSandra

Hi again!

This month we will have a blue moon (a second full moon within a calendar month) on Halloween. How cool is that!

During September I did a loose barre/fusion rotation, choosing workouts from my collection that fit that description. I enjoyed it a lot, but am ready to move on to a new theme.

Half-hour workouts seem most doable for me. For October, I am planning to do a Margaret Richard routine 3-4x/week. I recently reacquired several Margarets and this will be a chance to go through them. Most of them divvy up well into 30-minute chunks.

However, Margaret isn't as complete as I'd like when it comes to core work and stretching. So I am also going to do an abs/stretching workout 2-3x/week. I know I have all kinds of core and stretching routines tucked away in various DVDs in my collection, so this focus will encourage me to seek them out.

Waving to all -- be back later with today's workout!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-20, 09:12 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Yin Yoga with Simon Low (60 minute Yin Yoga practice)

I slept crap last night so I needed something gentle this morning. I did the full 1 hour practice of Simon Low's Yin Yoga and it was relaxing.

Sandra, thank you for starting our new month!
I will enjoy seeing your Margaret workouts this month. I love working out with Margaret.

Beth, I'm interested in hearing more of your teaching news when you are ready to share!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-20, 01:14 PM  
sherry7899

Do you mind if I join? I only do yoga barefoot, though!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-20, 02:09 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

SHERRY!!! I'd be thrilled if you joined our check-in. I have always enjoyed reading your posts. I don't care if you wear shoes or not.
Old 10-01-20, 02:14 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sherry you are already a member - we knew you were lurking! And we don't police anyone's shoes.

Back later with more, including a yoga announcement!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-20, 07:46 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone, look forward to checking in with you all again.

Yesterday did not get off to the start I had planned, work was draining. I relaxed after work then dusted off Rodney Yee's Yoga for Flexibility and did the neck and shoulders practice. It reminded me why I did not care for this the first time. Too fast and flowy for me, so it's going to the library.

I'll check back later after getting my desk sorted out!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-20, 07:54 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

TGIF! I have been dragging this week.

Pat, cool avatar! Yee's Yoga for Flexibility was one of the first yoga DVDs I tried (along with Walden's Yoga for Beginners, which I liked but don't think you did?) - and yikes! Luckily I soon found his Yoga Conditioning for Athletes and was much happier with that one. I should do it soon!

Garrie, I like skullcrushers because I can lie down, haha. STS sounds like a great focus for you! And glad to see you got a little Zumba teaching in. Your gym is open, right? How are classes going there?

Anny, so which did you choose? Like Pat, sometimes I'm worn out at the end of a long work day and even though I planned weights, I wind up with yoga instead.

Carolyn, I think it's nice to give the hips some extra love when we have been sitting a lot.

Happy Friday - hope everyone has a good lead into the weekend!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-20, 09:57 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Congrats on your new yoga classes Beth!

Pat - Yes, love your new avatar!

Garrie - Even if that wasn’t your choreography on FB, it was pretty complex & impressive! Lots of fancy footwork and you made it look easy, which it definitely isn’t.

Carolyn - I love a hip opening practice! I do a lot if yin & gentle yoga on my own & it always includes hip openers.

Paine - I hope you slept better!

I’m going to do a short workout this morning before we make a quick trip to the city and back.

Waves to all & TTYL!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-20, 10:30 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Fitness Becomes You Volume 1 Program C (Upper Body work)
Volume 2 Program C (Lower Body work)

Beth, that's fantastic news, congratulations!! I'm so happy for you.

Pam and Beth, I slept much better last night, thank goodness!

Carolyn, I use Tony Horton's PowerStands to hold when doing pushups. The PowerStands make it easier on my wrists/hands when doing push-ups. I like doing dips for tricep work!

Carolyn and Garrie: My large coffee mug holds 2 cups so that's what I have each morning too.

Garrie and Sandra, I'll be watching what core workouts you do. I should do more core work.

Garrie, it will be fun to watch your Round 2 of Cathe's STS progress.

Anny, I've been trying out different teas and have found several I like. I haven't had black tea in awhile and I think I'll make myself some today! I like PG Tips black tea.

Pat, I'm so happy to see you here! I like your avatar.