Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-13-20, 08:26 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today, was a stretch day on Angie's 30 day challenge, but instead of that I did:

Blessful Body - Fall Into Balance Challenge Day 2 - Booty Blast Barre Fusion - this wasn't quite barre - there was only a brief standing period. It was mainly floorwork focusing on the back of the body.

Jessica Valent Pilates - Seated Arm Workout w/ Weights - this was a nice quick routine

Jessica Valent Pilates - Pilates for Scoliosis - this is a new scoliosis routine on her You Tube channel. She now has three short routines on You Tube and one longer routine on her paid site. I really should make it a point of doing them every week - they are really good for mobilizing the spine.

Yesterday I did walk the doggie - a short one as it was drizzly and damp. Hopefully today will be better!

Tomorrow I may go back to Angie, unless this little distraction has veered me off course...LOL!

Gypsy Rose - I would say my workouts are no more than an hour - it just looks like more b/c I string together a lot of short segments. Like today - the Blessful Body was around 20 min, Jessica's weight workout was around 10 min and the scoliosis workout was around 20 min. My walks during the day are just extras for me since I sit all day for work. Sounds like a nice workout that you had!!

Waves, everyone!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-20, 08:37 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi ladies! I took a sorta-kinda rest day yesterday to give my feet and back a break from walking. I got up and moved more at the office. In the evening I attended the second Zoom yoga class on the psoas. It was wonderful. I requested a copy of the Zoom for last week and last night to take notes.

Donna - thank you for referencing the Jessica V. scoliosis workouts - I forgot that she had one, I've definitely got to check out the three of them now.

Work beckons - gotta run!! Please have a healthy and happy day!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-20, 08:57 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Since it rained all day yesterday, I did KCM's Your Best Body premix one that includes cardio rests between the weight work. It was a good choice. Hopefully this rains stops at some point today so I can do an outdoor walk and maybe some PBL.

DONNA, nice workout combos as always.

Waves to PAT & ROSE, good work.

Have a great day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-20, 08:18 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 50 minute walk when it finally stopped raining in the afternoon. I'm hoping for the same today and maybe some PBL too.

Waves to all!! Have a great day!
Old 10-14-20, 08:23 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning it was back to Ellen:

Ellen - Prayer Flow - this is on her streaming site and is just a really nice workout - yoga inspired. (30 min)

Blessful Body - Fall into Balance - Day 3 - upper body and posture (18 min)

Jessica Valent - Shoulder Routine - (7 min).

I walked the doggie yesterday w/ my DD and plan to get some more of that done today!

Summer Breeze - nice walk!!

Pat - I really like all of Jessica's Scoliosis routines. I haven't done the long one that is on her paid site, though. I don't know if I have the focus for an hour. But maybe i can split it up?

Waves, Gypsy Rose!

Hope everyone has a good day - at least it is Wednesday.

Donna
Old 10-14-20, 08:36 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! My workout plans got dashed last night. I was going to lower body Pilates and start on Sculpture with the arms series, but on the way home I was almost in a head on collision because of a car that skidded in the rain and came speeding right toward me. He veered off at the last second then over corrected, this time almost T-boning me. By a miracle I was not hit, but I did something to my back from whatever defensive measures my body took. I still feel the neck tendons from gripping the steering wheel and have a terrible backache and neck ache. Jerk!!!!

Fortunately I had done Ellen's 20 minute Weight Watchers walk before leaving work. I home I did Tias Little's Tech Neck practice on Glo then my own restorative poses with a bolster.

Donna today seems like a good day to try a scoliosis routine. I'm so glad you mentioned it.

Summer Breeze wasn't it a relief to get some rain? Are you having a drought, too?

Good morning Rose, and everyone have a great day.
Old 10-14-20, 06:06 PM  
GypsyRose

Hello!

Today was a walk. Got the flu shot today- like to take it easy for a few days afterwards.

Pat-Wow! Glad you are okay. Your excellent reflexes from working out may have contributed to your save. Also, miracles are always good. Take it easy and hope the pain has lessened tomorrow.

Waves to Donna & Summer Breeze!
GypsyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-20, 07:54 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Quick post as I'm running late.

Today I did:

AngieFitness TV - Rock Solid Power walk - this was a basic indoor walking low impact routine. She starts w/ 130 bpm and goes up to 148, I think by the end. So sort of like Jessica's Pyramid Power walk, except you don't go down the pyramid, it is just up and then you slow down and cool down. Angie recommends weighted gloves or a weighted vest if you want to amp it up. I did enjoy it and decided I'm not afraid of Angie any more! I am not totally interested in following a set rotation right now, so I have bailed out on her Fit Over 40 series, but I think I will pop some of her workouts into my routine from time to time. She has a lot on her channel and I think she does 3 live workouts a week. She also sells programs on her website. Some of her workouts are on the longer side, but I have decided I can always cut them short....so...

Blessful Body - Fall into Balance - Day 4 - Pilates stretch.

Yesterday I walked my doggie for steps. Not sure if I will get the chance to do that today - DD and I have hair appointments....

Ugh, Pat - I'm so sorry for the close call and the toll it took on your back. I hope you are feeling better.

Gypsy Rose - I have my flu shot scheduled for next Monday. I always feel a little sick afterwards, too.

Waves, Summer Breeze!!

Donna
Old 10-15-20, 08:07 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

[I]Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 50 minute walk. Lovely autumn day. I spent an embarrassing amount of time trying to find a workout to do. I went through Jessica's youtube channel and PBL's online library and nothing appealed to me. It was ridiculous but that's how it goes some days I guess.

PAT, oh my goodness that is scary! I'm glad you didn't get hit and I hope your neck and back improve quickly. Something similar happened to my DS' gf last month.
She was at a red light and some older man made a turn and instead of going into his lane he came right into her lane and smashed into her car. Fortunately she wasn't injured beyond some back pain but the car is a mess.

ROSE, I hope the flu shot doesn't bring you down too long.

DONNA, great variety. Enjoy your hair appointments.

Have a great day everyone!!/I]
Old 10-15-20, 09:23 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! I'm feeling a little better today, at least as far as anxiety. I found a sweet little restorative yoga practice on Glo last night, "Balance the Nervous System" by Tiffany Cruikshank. It checks all the boxes.

Glo has added a new traditional fitness instructor, Kim Strother. I'm looking forward to having some workouts available in addition to yoga, Pilates and barre.

Rose - I didn't even think of fitness in my survival equation. Come to think of it, Pilates as helped me walk away unschathed from a couple of slips on ice. Good luck with any flu shot after effects.

Donna, hope your haircut turns out the way you like it!

Summer Breeze, I get it about not finding a workout that excites some days. Going out for a walk is always a nice option. How awful for your friend, too bad she had to deal with an actual accident from that jerk. Even if she was unhurt who needs the car and insurance problems?

I hope you all have a wonderful day.