Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-01-20, 04:08 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

angie, i have that set. i especially like the ones that Beto leads in. they're easy to follow, choreo pretty straightforward. i got mine from a craigslist seller who also sold me a couple of WW kits, and this was several years ago.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-20, 07:52 PM  
angie_nrs

That's good to know bzar. Thanks!
Old 10-04-20, 04:00 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

I just found a bunch of Winsor Pilates videos for a couple bucks each, along with a couple Turbo Jams.

I know nothing about any of them, but couldn't pass them by!
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-20, 09:05 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Bargains recently acquired
Everlast Boxing Workout Advanced
Somehow I missed the whole Everlast boxing workouts so curious about this one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen07 View Post
I would be interested to know how the Everlast one is.
Candice I haven't done the entire workout because there's alot of content on it. I did do the parts that interested me the most. I did the drills, the warmup, shadowboxing and stretch. The drills were very informative and taught well. The music was percussive and a nice rhythm to use for exercising. The shadowboxing had four rounds of varying combination punches 5-7 that built in number and speed. Last two incorporated slip punch moves.
You end each round with doing the combinations continuously and as fast as you can do with good form. It was a cool and vigorous workout. My heart rate went way up for each round and I sweat a bunch. Participants varied during the rounds but there were always at least one woman and all impressive. The stretch at the end was a very ending to the workout. Total time for this was about 30 minutes.

If I ever decide to do the other sections I'll post about them. (Jump rope, heavy bag, speed bag, mitts and medicine ball)

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-20, 09:25 AM  
fanofladyvols

At a used bookstore, I happily found some Men's health workouts that I had been hunting: MH Circuit, MH Abs, arms, chest and MH 15 minute workout.

I encountered another woman shopping in my area hoping she was a vidiot. I rarely see anyone shop in this section but I know someone must because DVDs turn over. I did strike up a conversation with her but she seemed singularly interested in bellydancing and classes she took. It was still nice to have another person IRL chat about videos and hear she checks the store often for new ones.

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 10-16-20, 01:56 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
At a used bookstore, I happily found some Men's health workouts that I had been hunting: MH Circuit, MH Abs, arms, chest and MH 15 minute workout.

I encountered another woman shopping in my area hoping she was a vidiot. I rarely see anyone shop in this section but I know someone must because DVDs turn over. I did strike up a conversation with her but she seemed singularly interested in bellydancing and classes she took. It was still nice to have another person IRL chat about videos and hear she checks the store often for new ones.
Linda, I see you bought some Men’s Health workouts despite your husband‘s protests. Haha
Old 10-16-20, 09:09 PM  
Leonana

Last Tuesday I found a pair of two pound neoprene dumbbells. I got the pair for around $2.50, so quite the deal.

There were a lot of dvd's, pilates, yoga, a couple of Leslies, and even a Cathe Beginning Step. But this Goodwill had higher prices on dvd's, so I passed.
Old 10-16-20, 10:02 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Linda, I see you bought some Men’s Health workouts despite your husband‘s protests. Haha
Haha Yes! I'm not letting them be prominently displayed on the shelf though..hehe

(Everyone of them has a woman as a background or co-lead exerciser so he'll never be the wiser!)

Sherry I haven't seen any size dumbbells in months and months at any thrift store.

Last edited by fanofladyvols; 10-16-20 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Added dumbbell thought
Old 10-17-20, 09:50 AM  
Leonana

Linda I rarely see them too. And there were two sets of 2 pounders that day. I sometimes find a single, and it’s usually a weight I already have and don’t need. I did pick up one 3 pound a couple of weeks ago, even though I have 3 pounds. But this was a good quality metal dumbbell and I thought I might find another one to go with it sometime.

I felt kind of bad leaving the dvds. The vidiot in me kept thinking someone here might want it lol. If they had lower prices, I would have picked up a couple.
Old 10-18-20, 12:21 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

saw at a used book store:
Project you, complete set - $7

i usually see parts of that set, but this was the first time i saw the entire set.

saw this in Saver's:
Slim In 6 refilmed version, sealed, $5.99

picked up:
Leslie Sansone Jenny Craig The Strength Walk $5 (used bookstore)
Valerie Waters Valslides Essentials $4 (Savers)

i saw quite a bit of other DVDs that i usually see (Winsor pilates, Rockin' Body (Shaun T), Turbo Jam, Tae Bo).

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitball, knee pad, thrift store, thrift store finds