Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear

Old 02-12-17, 12:42 PM  
poohpeggy

Thumbs up Cathe new Fit Tower

I really like it. It is well built. The packaging was excellent. When I assembled it all the holes line up perfectly. They even include the tools to assemble it. I like the band, loop and mat. I ordered mine with the $9.95 first payment, then $40.oo a month option for 4 months and had no troubles at all.

My daughter just ordered one from Fit Tower.com. She used the code cathe10 and got 10% off. It came in under $180.00 free shipping. She had ordered the Barbell hooks thinking they were not included, but they are. So she's returning those.

If your on the fence, I say go for it. Cathe did a good job making sure the tower was built right. I heard she's making new barre workouts this spring, not sure though.
poohpeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-17, 03:26 PM  
cecififi

I have the old fit tower. It works great and was a good purchase. it looks similar to the new one so im sure its good too.
cecififi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-17, 03:47 AM  
LizEMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecififi View Post
I have the old fit tower. It works great and was a good purchase. it looks similar to the new one so im sure its good too.
cecififi,do you mind me asking how much you paid for the old fit tower? I know that was quite some time ago, but I'm wondering what the price comparison is between the two of them.

Thank you!
Old 02-19-17, 06:51 AM  
cecififi

i got mine back in.... 2010? from Amazon and it was on sale. i think i got if for around $60 or $70. it was such a crazy sale i had to buy it. it's sturdy. my kids used to hang from it when younger for fun.
cecififi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-17, 07:30 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecififi View Post
i got mine back in.... 2010? from Amazon and it was on sale. i think i got if for around $60 or $70. it was such a crazy sale i had to buy it. it's sturdy. my kids used to hang from it when younger for fun.
I caught that same sale And though I never would have purchased it if I hadn't stumbled on that low, it was sure fun to add it to my STS rounds (countless). I definitely got my money's worth!
Old 06-16-18, 06:59 AM  
Judith L
VF Supporter

I'm thinking of getting the Fit Tower but I have two questions: What is the circumference of the bar and what are the dimensions of the mat?

I find my Fluidity bar too thick to grasp comfortably for pull-ups but would love to be able to do supine pull-ups and this looks like the answer.

Also, is it easy and quick to detach the upper frame from the base? I'd like to keep it in my bedroom but bring into my living room for workouts.

Thanks!
Old 07-18-18, 07:38 AM  
Judith L
VF Supporter

I went ahead and ordered this from the Fittower website on July 3rd with the same payment options mentioned by the OP and using Cathe's code for the grips and 10% off.

I never received a confirmation or shipment email. When I called I discovered they are closed on Fridays. When I called the next week I asked for and was given a tracking number which to this day indicates it is sitting in a warehouse in CA. But the woman I spoke with said it would probably arrive on Friday or following Monday -- and it did arrive on Monday, the 16th, so within two weeks after I had placed the order online.

Impressions:
The package arrived in very good shape, with no damage/holes whatsoever.
Everything was really well-packed, impressively so.
Nothing missing, nothing scratched. Everything fitted together perfectly.
I was delighted to see that the metallic grey color of the tower has a hint of beige in it which makes it more attractive.
It can be put together in about 8 minutes.
I'm very pleased with it. My only concern is the thinness of the padding on the moveable middle bar. -- Has anyone had problems with it?

If you should order this I would suggest being determined not to worry about not getting emails or reliable tracking numbers and trust it will arrive within two weeks.

Tags
fit tower