Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear

Old 02-03-16, 03:28 PM  
adrien_73

What happened to Asics and Brooks?

For many years I have worn the Asics 2100 & 2000 series or Kayano. Prior to Asics, I wore Brooks Adrenaline. (I have mild over pronation) I never had an issue ordering online because the sizing and fit was very consistent.

I recently ordered the most recent 2000 and Kayano and they are both very small and the toe box is much more narrow. I reverted back to Brooks and they seem a bit short, and the supports in the inserts do not line up correctly. (ex: the arch support does not line up with my foot correctly.) I ended up returning all of them.

Is anyone else noticing these inconsistencies with Asics & Brooks? If so, have you found another brand that works for you? TIA!
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-16, 04:33 PM  
PhyllisG

Yes. I have worn Asics for a few years. This past year I found the shoes too narrow and also very stiff. Bought Saucony instead and have been happy with them.. I wondered also what happened with Asics.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-16, 06:07 PM  
BunnyHop

Thanks for the warning. After wearing Saucony ProGrid for a good many years, I decided to try a pair of Asics-Gel Kayano 22 and love them. My feet are much happier now.

Will definitely keep an eye out for changes when I replace them. (I bought a second pair when I realized how much I liked them, LOL!) .

ETA: Now that I look back at my old orders, I realize I went up a half size based on reviews, and they're perfect. I also wear the wider width.
Old 02-05-16, 12:05 AM  
violingal3

I've always worn the same size in Asics Gel Kayanos and I've been wearing them forever. I think when they hit 20 or so, they were snug just like you described. For my last pair I had to go up a half size.

I found a helpful feature on Amazon - if you pick an Asics model like the latest Kayano, it will determine your best fit size based one what model and size you have worn in the past. It told me to size up and I was also able to try them in the store, too, before ordering online. HTH someone out there!
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-16, 11:45 AM  
adrien_73

I was tempted to try a 1/2 size bigger in both Asics & Brooks, but I read several reviews for Asics where people mention that their heels slide too much in a bigger size. Maybe I will give them a try from a vendor that offers free return shipping. (not many shoe stores in my area carry the premium models)
Old 04-21-16, 07:10 AM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisG View Post
Yes. I have worn Asics for a few years. This past year I found the shoes too narrow and also very stiff. Bought Saucony instead and have been happy with them.. I wondered also what happened with Asics.
Same here. I also switched to Saucony.
Old 03-16-19, 10:48 AM  
adrien_73

Reviving my old thread!

Still having a heck of a time finding a sneaker that fits! I wore my old models out, and Brooks & Asics still seem to have the newer sizing/fit that does not work for my feet! Just tried 3 different Asics and have to return them all. Any suggestions for sneakers for mild over pronation would be much appreciated!
Old 03-16-19, 12:27 PM  
BunnyHop

At some point I started wearing nothing but Ryka and Oofos shoes.

Good arch support, and seem to fit me well.
Old 03-16-19, 12:41 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrien_73 View Post
Reviving my old thread!

Still having a heck of a time finding a sneaker that fits! I wore my old models out, and Brooks & Asics still seem to have the newer sizing/fit that does not work for my feet! Just tried 3 different Asics and have to return them all. Any suggestions for sneakers for mild over pronation would be much appreciated!
Can you wear men's sizes? They would have a wider toe box for you. I used to do this.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-19, 12:56 PM  
BunnyHop

Oh! Forgot to mention that Ryka works well with my narrow heel, wide forefoot combo.

The most recent shoe of theirs I got (Hera?) is more of a casual shoe than anything I'd want to wear for working out or fitness walking, but still very supportive and comfortable.

Tags
oofos, running shoes, shoes, shoes athletic, sneakers, workout shoes