Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-20, 05:41 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Today I did Cathe's oldie CrossTrain Express upper body minus chest. Working chest is too hard on the shoulder. I was swabbed on Monday to see if the MRSA is gone. If it is they'll schedule surgery. I expect to hear late tomorrow or Friday.

I'll have to catch up later. Enjoy your evening.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-20, 07:24 PM  
Donna D

Happy Belated Birthday Pam!
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-20, 07:26 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I found out today that I have to get my first covid test! I was drawn randomly to do pooled testing. I think the efforts have been expanding - out of my 7-person group, 3 of us have been called in just a 1-2 week time frame.

Linda, I hope your surgery is a go! I'm sure you'll be relieved.

Paine I envy your wonderful weather! We still will have a few 70+ days, but not many.

Pam, what a great dinner and cannoli!!!

Sherry, I haven't had things charged to my library account like that, although I noticed today in the recent email I got that they said items aren't discharged until after the quarantine is over, which is "at least 48 hours." I think that the whole pandemic is so frustrating that some of the things we do are more for show than 100% necessary, but it's hard to know where that line is.

I did try IntenSati today. Patricia definitely talks too much, but I did like the routine, especially the lower body part. I'll have to do it a few more times to see if it's a keeper for me.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-20, 07:45 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, do you know if your covid test will be a blood test or the test done up the nose? I hope it's the blood test because I've heard that is easier.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-20, 08:22 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paine View Post
Beth, do you know if your covid test will be a blood test or the test done up the nose? I hope it's the blood test because I've heard that is easier.
Paine, I think it may be a mouth swab since we are not supposed to eat/drink for 30 minutes before or use mouthwash/brush teeth for 3 hours before.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 10-21-20, 08:38 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts, a recovery day of sorts...
~WOW Spicy Pumpkin Walk
~Essentrics Stretc & Release on Band
~Steps: 9246 (edited)

I saw my PT today for a nagging hip issue. It’s been going on for a while so decided it was time for some professional advice. I had some IMS dry needling so I’m taking it slow for a day or two and no KBs for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D View Post
Happy Belated Birthday Pam!
Thanks Donna D!

Beth - A mouth swab sounds a lot better than the up the nose thing! A cannoli story....when we were in a Italy with friends back in 2008, one of our missions was to try cannoli in every place we visited. There sure are many variations. So cannoli brings back some very happy memories!

Paine - My DH never used to cook! But after we moved out here, one of our best buddies is a chef and he is the one who inspired our DS 1 to become a chef. So the pressure was on DH to step up, lol.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-20, 09:02 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pam, I will volunteer for your next cannoli eating vacation!

I guess my DH could discovery cooking in our later years, but I am not holding my breath.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 10-21-20, 09:21 PM  
YogaGal

Wishing a Happy Belated Birthday to Pam! Glad you had a nice day. I do think work will be settling down to a more manageable routine soon. Interesting how your DS 1 and your DH got into cooking! Lucky you!

Sherry: I've split up posts before to get around that danged internal service error. I'm sorry to hear about all the problems with your library; I hope they get their act together soon. They should have a more consistent policy, and even if they need to make changes everyone should be informed so they can share the information with patrons.

Paine: My DH has two types of bike rides: "leisurely" rides with me and "fast, sweaty killer" rides he does on his own. We may have some highs in the 70s coming our way next week! I'll let you all know if it really happens.

Sandra: Sure would be nice to see a little rain. And after living in a rainy part of Texas for years I never thought I'd say that.

Linda: I hope you're cleared for surgery so you can get it done and over with.

Beth: at Pumpkin Spice Cologne! Good luck with your first covid test! My semester ends with the last day of Finals on Thursday, Dec. 17. With almost entirely online classes, I don't think the administration is concerned about students traveling over Thanksgiving and then possibly bringing virus back to campus.

Pat: Sorry you've been having such frustrating days at work, but it's good you have some calming yoga and massage to ease the stress.
Old 10-21-20, 09:30 PM  
YogaGal

Workouts so far this week:

Monday: Jessica Smith’s Fall Back into Fitness Day 1 - Total Body Strength (youtube) in the morning before work and Sarah Beth’s 15-Minute Relaxing Yoga for Anxiety & Stress Relief in the evening after work

Tuesday: No workout, just felt too tired

Wednesday: Jessica Smith’s Fall Back into Fitness Day 1 - Interval Cardio + Core (youtube) and RaviAna’s “Heart Center Set” and “Breath Meditation” from Bliss Hips dvd

I've been keeping up with my October goals of working on abs/core and doing one HIIT workout each week. On October 6th I did Jessica Smith’s Low Impact HIIT from her 21 Day Plan dvd and on October 13th Jessica Smith’s HIIT Walk from her 30 Day Plan dvd.
Old 10-22-20, 07:36 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Morning all, Happy Thursday. Yesterday I started level 1 of Lee Holden's Tao Yin 101 program on Glo, and that was my only formal activity for the day. In his intro Lee explains Tao Yin is more about strengthening and has exercises similar to yoga, but the first class, Awakening Qi, felt like Lee's usual offerings. I liked it - it wasn't overly repetitive and he explained things well. 20 minutes, a very nice out of bed morning routine.

The massage was fabulous and she rubbed me raw with a gua sha stick, but I don't have shoulders for earrings anymore.

Pam - thanks for straightening me out about the Shakti Warrior classes. Doh! I skipped right over class 1. Hoping your hip will feel better soon.

Carolyn, good job on keeping up with your October goals!

Beth, good luck with that COVID test. I hope it's not the brain scraping version. A friend recently had one and it was a swab in the mouth.

Ugh I have to dive back in. Everyone have a wonderful and safe day.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote